General Category > Health/Education

Fearing Too Many White Students, NYC Schools Find Clever Way To Impose Racial Quotas

(1/1)

rangerrebew:
Fearing Too Many White Students, NYC Schools Find Clever Way To Impose Racial Quotas

Brian Anderson
January 31, 2016

You wouldn’t think that a school system with only 10% white students would have a problem with diversity, but in the liberal hell of New York City white people are always the problem. The other big issue is the Supreme Court has ruled that racial quotas are unconstitutional so NYC schools are getting around that by reclassifying minorities as poor people to force white kids out of the classroom.

ABC News details the problem with white students in the NYC school system:

Gentrification has been coming fast to Brooklyn’s Crown Heights neighborhood. The influx of wealthier, white residents is being reflected in the hallways of Public School 705.

The elementary school is still half black and more than a quarter Hispanic, but Principal Sandra Soto has seen enough change to worry that P.S. 705 was on the cusp of a phenomenon that has occurred elsewhere in the city, where poorer, minority children disappear as their families are priced out of the neighborhood.

“The next thing you know I have a whole slew of middle-class white families,” she said, while black and Hispanic families are left feeling, “Here we go. We’re marginalized again.”

Why is it that when white people move into a black area and make it nicer, that marginalizes blacks but when blacks move into a white area and make it worse, that enriches the community with diversity? Only a liberal could answer that question.

In an effort to deal with the scourge of middle-class white students, NYC schools have a new program that sets aside 20% of their seats for “English language learners and children in the child-welfare system.” Basically, a white kid might not get to go to the school closest to him or her because many of those seats are reserve for illegal aliens and poor black people.

Opposition to the pilot program could come from parents who live near one of the schools but whose children don’t get a seat because low-income kids and recent immigrants take precedence.

If this sounds like Affirmative Action, which has been outlawed, don’t worry, NYC has found a clever way around this:

Maintaining diversity by reserving seats for black or Hispanic students would not survive a challenge under the 2007 U.S. Supreme Court ruling that struck down school integration efforts in Seattle, Washington and Louisville, Kentucky.

But using a category like English language learners or students whose families are being monitored by a social worker would be permitted, Soto was told, so she is preparing to welcome some of those students to her fall 2016 kindergarten and pre-kindergarten classes.

“Students learn from the diverse experiences and cultures of their fellow students, and it’s important that our schools match the diversity of our city,” said Schools Chancellor Carmen Farina, touting the forced racial quota program.

If a conservative were to suggest that “welfare recipient” was synonymous with black people it would be a national scandal, but the ultra-lefty NYC school system does it and it is a courageous step to achieving racial harmony.

Flooding classrooms with non-English speakers and poor black kids from broken homes will not improve a school by any stretch of the imagination. It will also have the opposite effect of giving disadvantaged minorities a chance at a better education, as the middle-class white parents will simply put their children in private school.

Jazzhead:

--- Quote --- Why is it that when white people move into a black area and make it nicer, that marginalizes blacks but when blacks move into a white area and make it worse, that enriches the community with diversity? Only a liberal could answer that question.

--- End quote ---

I object to the assumption that when blacks move into a neighborhood they make it "worse".   Anyone with a job, a family, who works hard and who keeps his property tidy is more than welcome in my neighborhood.   In last week's blizzard, the black folks on the block lent shovels and let me pile snow on their front yard so I could dig out my son's car.  Making a neighborhood  "nicer" has nothing to do with race.     

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version