Author Topic: Donald Trump persuaded by Laredo mayor to temper border wall plan - October 2015  (Read 3946 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

I have never done that at all, not one time. You're making too broad a statement. I demand an apology... :silly:

Seriously though, that's too broad. I've never seen katz do that either.

I'm talking about the complete hijacking of the thead, before page one was done. We are no longer discussing if Tump really meant what he said about building a great great wall, or if it turns out to be like every thing else he does, which is transactual, "if i I do this for you, this is what I expect in return".  Instead we are talking about new members  and the number of post one may have.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

I'm talking about the complete hijacking of the thead, before page one was done. We are no longer discussing if Tump really meant what he said about building a great great wall, or if it turns out to be like every thing else he does, which is transactual, "if i I do this for you, this is what I expect in return".  Instead we are talking about new members  and the number of post one may have.

Well that has been the pattern. It seems every thread whether it starts out that way or not, ends up a discussion about Donald Trump.

If one turns their head, and the light is just right, and you squint, one might see Trump's uncanny abilities to dominate the discussion as a good thing for the 2016 general election.

Offline Mod1

Just a reminder:

1.  When the threads devolve into talking about members (new or old), nothing good comes from it.

2.  This place is not FR, all worries about it being so, or turning into it, are unfounded.  (Especially with regard to membership longevity, TBR is 'meritocracy' in that each post is judged on its value, or lack thereof, no matter who posts it.)

3.  Problems with any member (new or old), are dealt with appropriately as they arise.  (We see what is going on, even if we may not respond in a public manner.)

4.  That broad swiping at ALL/SOME of a candidate's supporters is neither really very clever, nor productive.

5.  Stay on the topics of the threads.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 04:38:56 pm by Mod1 »

Offline aligncare

:thumbsup:

Got it chief. Good advice.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Just a reminder:

1.  When the threads devolve into talking about members (new or old), nothing good comes from it.

2.  This place is not FR, all worries about it being so, or turning into it, are unfounded.  (Especially with regard to membership longevity, TBR is 'meritocracy' in that each post is judged on its value, or lack thereof, no matter who posts it.)

3.  Problems with any member (new or old), are dealt with appropriately as they arise.  (We see what is going on, even if we may not respond in a public manner.)

4.  That broad swiping at ALL/SOME of a candidate's supporters is neither really very clever, nor productive.

5.  Stay on the topics of the threads.

This is very encouraging.  I hope it's heard.

Offline Carling

Why is it that Trump posters attack the messenger rather than the message?

I made an observation. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline aligncare

I made an observation.

It's odd that we seem to be having difficulty distinguishing between a personal insult and someone's hurt feelings and insecurity about the support they have for their candidate and maybe even their instinctive defense of that candidate.

Offline katzenjammer

Wow!  Just read through this one...

Looks like some misunderstanding of each other going on, which is inevitable in a medium that is pretty much text-based with no other visual or auditory clues.

My only suggestion is, especially during these tense times of a primary, and then a general election to follow, is to just take a pause...  Give each other the benefit of the doubt.  If we don't completely understand what someone's post may be getting at, just ask them (in the thread or via PM), rather than assume complete knowledge of her/his intentions or motivations.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:amen:    ... Secondly, I pray that IF he is seated in the oval office, that he won't pull another Hussein; duping all his supporters who believed all his rhetoric and then does what he wants and continues to take this country to the left (we won't survive).

Well,not so much. Bathhouse Barry was an anti-American/hate-withey racist piece of leftist trash all during his campaign,so nobody should be surprised by his actions.

John McLunatic has to work extra-hard to get him elected. I remember at least two times Palin gave speeches that had his poll numbers rising,and then McLuantic went on television and apologized for her telling the truth.

I may have to start hating you if you post anything else that makes me defend Bathhouse Barry. Scuze  me while i go soak in some hydrogen peroxide for a while. I feel sooo dirty.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's odd that we seem to be having difficulty distinguishing between a personal insult and someone's hurt feelings and insecurity about the support they have for their candidate and maybe even their instinctive defense of that candidate.

I think it's like that showy deal where someone sets up a whole room full of cards,thumps one with his finger,and they all come tumbling down,one by one. Pretty much all of us have been attacked for "no good reason" FROM OUR OWN POV to the point we may be getting hyper-sensitive and even the mildest rebuke seems like the light from the locomotive coming down the tracks to run over us.

So we,being Americans who believe the only defense is a good offense,and go after them.

Rinse,and repeat.

Lots of us have been fighting this fight for a couple of decades now,and are running low on patience. Maybe not a real good excuse or even a real good reason,but I think it does explain what's been going on.

I CAN'T be the only poster here who sees someone post "Troll!" to another poster,and thinks he hears the Viking Kitties putting on their armor and keying up a Led Zepplin song. We have sll seen it happen too many times and that makes it hard to ignore.

Offline Carling

John McLunatic has to work extra-hard to get him elected. I remember at least two times Palin gave speeches that had his poll numbers rising,and then McLuantic went on television and apologized for her telling the truth.

I remember those as well, and by the end McCain was defending Obama while at the same time Juan's team was attacking Palin anonymously in the MSM to blame her for the obvious upcoming loss.

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I remember those as well, and by the end McCain was defending Obama while at the same time Juan's team was attacking Palin anonymously in the MSM to blame her for the obvious upcoming loss.

It was easily the most bizarre thing I have ever seen and heard. Both times I am talking about she had him ahead in the polls until he jumped her for what she said.

I lost all respect for Palin for putting up with that,and then campaigning for his reelection to the Senate. No one with sincere convictions would have done that.