Author Topic: Watch: Iowa Crowd Dead Silent During Sarah Palin’s Desperate Rant Against Steve King At Trump Rally  (Read 1270 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
She may have made a strategic error if she went to a politically savvy crowd who knows hometown hero Steve King's reputation is impeccable.

In Iowa today, Sarah Palin introduced Donald Trump at a rally. The crowd did not receive her very warmly. And when she went after Iowa Representative Steve King with a very nasty slam, the crowd was absolutely dead silent.

“Maybe he’s forgotten some of his heart in the heartland. Maybe he’s got a touch of that Potomac fever there in DC. Maybe he’s been out in a cornfield too long huffing ethanol or something.”

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/02/01/watch-trump-crowd-dead-silent-sarah-palins-desperate-rant-steve-king/?utm_content=buffer590ed&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 10:33:18 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Paladin

TDS once again. One can expect little else from Eric Ericson and Red State unfortunately.

Sarah started out by stating King, a Cruz advocate, had gone on MSNBC(!) and accused her of supporting Trump because she has been "bought". It was to that slur she was responding. Moreover, if you follow this highly selective video to the end you will hear the crowd break into cheers. 
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline ABX

TDS once again. One can expect little else from Eric Ericson and Red State unfortunately.

Sarah started out by stating King, a Cruz advocate, had gone on MSNBC(!) and accused her of supporting Trump because she has been "bought". It was to that slur she was responding. Moreover, if you follow this highly selective video to the end you will hear the crowd break into cheers.

Except I think you missed that Trump ended up vindicating King's accusation yesterday morning when he went on a twitter tantrum about Bob Vander Plaats not endorsing him. He implied strongly he was expecting a quid pro quo endorsement after giving him hotel rooms and was pissed he endorsed Cruz again.

Offline Paladin

Except I think you missed that Trump ended up vindicating King's accusation yesterday morning when he went on a twitter tantrum about Bob Vander Plaats not endorsing him. He implied strongly he was expecting a quid pro quo endorsement after giving him hotel rooms and was pissed he endorsed Cruz again.

Change the subject much, AbaraXas?
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline ABX

Change the subject much, AbaraXas?

No, King's accusation that Trump buys endorsements is what Palin was responding to. My point was Trump vindicated what King said. That isn't changing the subject.

Offline katzenjammer

Don't blame Erickson any more, he bailed over there and they have an even less credible attack dog in the person of Leon Wolf.   :silly:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Three public officials any Republican should never go after when speaking to Iowans: Chuck Grassley, Terry Branstad, and Steve King. Amazingly stupid on Palin's part.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:08:19 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline flowers

do you have the actual link to trumps rant?  never-mind i found it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 11:18:34 pm by flowers »

Offline ABX

do you have the actual link to trumps rant?

Scroll down to yesterday morning.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

Offline Paladin

Don't blame Erickson any more, he bailed over there and they have an even less credible attack dog in the person of Leon Wolf.   :silly:

Thank you for that update, Katzenjammer. I haven't paid any attention to Red State in quite some time.

And AbaraXas, yes, you did change the subject from Sarah to Bob Vander Plaats.

Offline ABX

Thank you for that update, Katzenjammer. I haven't paid any attention to Red State in quite some time.

And AbaraXas, yes, you did change the subject from Sarah to Bob Vander Plaats.

Sarah was responding to the accusation by King that Trump buys endorsements. Trump indicated yesterday he expected an endorsement quid pro quo from Vander Plaats.
The subject was the accusation of buying endorsements.

HAPPY2BME

straining at gnats ..