Archives > GOPBR Media Room

First Things First- Who is Interested?

<< < (3/4) > >>

EC:

--- Quote from: AbaraXas on February 01, 2016, 10:08:09 pm ---EC, can you start a 'writing' topic like the photography topic?  With your background, Editor in Chief may be a good role. Or just proofer (proofer, not poofster). :)

--- End quote ---

Topic is no problem at all. Think I have a couple of examples kicking around somewhere too.

jmyrlefuller:
I've contributed a few opinion pieces. As far as actual journalism goes, I'm pretty much limited to sports (which doesn't help much) and weather (which might). Like I said before, where I live is not a particularly high-profile place, although New York politics is something I know enough about to be a decent contributor (and with a certain presidential candidate hailing from New York it is relevant as of late).

ABX:

--- Quote from: jmyrlefuller on February 01, 2016, 11:33:43 pm ---I've contributed a few opinion pieces. As far as actual journalism goes, I'm pretty much limited to sports (which doesn't help much) and weather (which might). Like I said before, where I live is not a particularly high-profile place, although New York politics is something I know enough about to be a decent contributor (and with a certain presidential candidate hailing from New York it is relevant as of late).

--- End quote ---

Opinion pieces are right in line with what we are looking for too.

One of the keys is we want to be not just another forum that talks about the news, but one whose members provide their own, unique and exclusive content and views.  Even with all our differences, we have a very strong mind share here. Instead of just posting a news article and giving your opinion, we want your opinion and views to be what is the top of the fold.

Everyone, no matter if they are in a small town or in the heart of NYC or DC can contribute.  Heck, for those in small towns, you may be able to report stories that will never see the light of day. My Congressman, Louie Gohmert doesn't represent Dallas or Houston but the small towns of Longview & Tyler, yet he is one of the most recognized Congressmen in the country. You don't often see on national news, what he covers locally. That is a story too.

Think about stories of national interest that impact locally, like the oilfield crash, housing markets, etc. How does what happens in DC impact the little guy.

BuckeyeTexan:
Hmmm. I might be interested.

don-o:
Well, I am halfway considering a blm event in my town - Johnson City, TN. My camera is not  all that great and the only vid editor I have is Movie Maker.

But, location from my house is two miles, there's plenty of parking, and local law has promised a robust presence.

It's pretty galling - they are targeting Chik Fil A

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Local/2016/07/15/Black-Lives-Matter-plan-rally-for-July-16-at-corner-of-Market-and-State-of-Franklin.html?ci=stream&lp=5&p=1

Looks as if the CFA ref was edited from an earlier version I read

https://www.facebook.com/tricitiesblacklivesmatter/

@AbaraXas

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version