Author Topic: Trump Just Told The New York Times He Knows How To Manipulate Conservatives  (Read 884 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Hey, it’s easy to manipulate conservatives, according to the master manipulator Donald Trump; here’s how, according to the self-proclaimed master of the deal, he gets audiences falling asleep from his ramblings to sit up straight:

“You know, if it gets a little boring, if I see people starting to sort of, maybe thinking about leaving, I can sort of tell the audience, I just say, ‘We will build the wall!' and they go nuts.”

Trump’s comments to The New York Times Editorial board exhibit the smug arrogance of the man who genuinely believes he is smarter than anyone else....

http://www.dailywire.com/news/3041/trump-just-told-new-york-times-he-knows-how-hank-berrien?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=121115-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Yet the billionth completely ludicrous, completely dishonest editorial headline about a clipped statement that was obviously about how to keep a rally going and the energy up...and had nothing at all do with conservatives, liberals, or the politically agnostic.

This kind of reporting is just crap.  Actually, crap is a higher standard than this.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Here is exactly what he said and what it was about...in the New York Times itself:

Donald Trump told the New York Times’ editorial board that his go-to applause line for sleepy crowds is about building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

“You know, if it gets a little boring, if I see people starting to sort of, maybe thinking about leaving, I can sort of tell the audience, I just say, ‘We will build the wall!' and they go nuts.”

Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
His go to applause line?

Come on. Trump has three guaranteed house lines (at least) for his current crowds. Rotates them so he doesn't come off as "one note." It's rather elegantly done, in fact.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline GAJohnnie

You know this is where the "Conservative" media is failing. They keep postings these accusation yet when you look at the actual statements by Trump in context, you see the spin put on the statement is out of touch with the actual statement.

This is the same sort of sleazy lying by omission, misrepresentation and innuendo that the Leftist media has used against Conservatives for decades. When did "Conservatives" decide adopting the Leftist PR tactics was going to work for them?

Offline GAJohnnie

Yet the billionth completely ludicrous, completely dishonest editorial headline about a clipped statement that was obviously about how to keep a rally going and the energy up...and had nothing at all do with conservatives, liberals, or the politically agnostic.

This kind of reporting is just crap.  Actually, crap is a higher standard than this.

Yep. The "Conservative media" might want to keep in mind candidates come and go, but a reputation as habitual dishonesty follows publications around for decades.

Not sure why "Conservatives" looked at the Leftist media's 7% approval rating and decided their tactics would work for Conservatives.

Offline Carling

You know this is where the "Conservative" media is failing. They keep postings these accusation yet when you look at the actual statements by Trump in context, you see the spin put on the statement is out of touch with the actual statement.

This is the same sort of sleazy lying by omission, misrepresentation and innuendo that the Leftist media has used against Conservatives for decades. When did "Conservatives" decide adopting the Leftist PR tactics was going to work for them?

The irony of this article is that it is actually designed to manipulate anti-Trump conservatives, and at least one poster here fell for it.  These dishonest attacks are actually pushing me toward Trump because I want to research if the attack is true or not, and even when an attack is debunked, such as "Trump supports single-payer," I continue to see the attack used even when it's obviously untrue.  The same people who say Trump can't be trusted are lying to my face about reasons I should hate Trump. 

Yet it's the Trump voters who are the dummies...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 09:35:35 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Here is exactly what he said and what it was about...in the New York Times itself:

Donald Trump told the New York Times’ editorial board that his go-to applause line for sleepy crowds is about building a wall on the U.S.-Mexico border.

This is of a piece with his earlier remark that he could even commit murder and it wouldn't affect his supporters.  He views his supporters as sheep to be shorn.   Just give 'em the red meat line and "they'll go nuts".   

Trump's support will wither once his supporters wake up and realize how stupid and manipulable Trump thinks they are.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline katzenjammer

Yep. The "Conservative media" might want to keep in mind candidates come and go, but a reputation as habitual dishonesty follows publications around for decades.

Not sure why "Conservatives" looked at the Leftist media's 7% approval rating and decided their tactics would work for Conservatives.

What they've proven over time is that they are just as susceptible to promoting a biased agenda as the rest of the media.

One of the most glaring examples has been the conservativereview.com website.  They used to have a lot of great articles and a very good rating system for House & Senate members.  But sometime around the time that Levin became EiC, they went to a total Cruz campaign bias.  I have been a member there since they opened, and was thinking of taking up their paid membership option for a try.  Since they decided to shift their editorial emphasis to a particular candidate, I decided to pass.

I am hoping that some of these outlets come back to sanity after the nomination is set, but they've damaged their credibility for good.

Offline aligncare

The irony of this article is that it is actually designed to manipulate anti-Trump conservatives, and at least one poster here fell for it.  These dishonest attacks are actually pushing me toward Trump because I want to research if the attack is true or not, and even when an attack is debunked, such as "Trump supports single-payer," I continue to see the attack used even when it's obviously untrue.  The same people who say Trump can't be trusted are lying to my face about reasons I should hate Trump. 

Yet it's the Trump voters who are the dummies...

It's strangely amusing, though. Here Donald Trump has been rambling through these speeches and news show interviews for nearly 8 months and has said every crude thing under the sun... But, THIS TIME he'll say something stupid and our long Republican nightmare will be over, HE IMPLODES! Yeah. That's it.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Trump Just Told The New York Times He Knows How To Manipulate Conservatives
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 10:28:32 pm »
A lot of these very biased "conservative" pundits and reporters from publications like National Review, Red State and Weekly Standard have completely lost any credibility with me.  I don't even bother to look at their crap anymore.  They are pathetic.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline flowers

Re: Trump Just Told The New York Times He Knows How To Manipulate Conservatives
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 10:48:33 pm »
A lot of these very biased "conservative" pundits and reporters from publications like National Review, Red State and Weekly Standard have completely lost any credibility with me.  I don't even bother to look at their crap anymore.  They are pathetic.
same here. i stopped going to those websites as well.