Author Topic: Rep. Steve King Says He ‘Knows Things’ About Trump Endorsements  (Read 1563 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Usually this accusation would just be called politics as normal political attack, however, after Trump's twitter tantrum today after not getting an endorsement from Vander Plaats after giving him hotel rooms reinforces King's accusation.

AMES, Iowa — Rep. Steve King , an Iowa Republican and Ted Cruz supporter, says Donald Trump bought his endorsements. Trump recently received high profile endorsements from Maricopa County Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio, former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, and Liberty University president Jerry Falwell, Jr......

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/31/rep-steve-king-says-he-knows-things-about-trump-endorsements/

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Rep. Steve King Says He ‘Knows Things’ About Trump Endorsements
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 03:49:47 am »
Usually this accusation would just be called politics as normal political attack, however, after Trump's twitter tantrum today after not getting an endorsement from Vander Plaats after giving him hotel rooms reinforces King's accusation.

King isn't generally known as a wild-conspiracy guy.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 03:56:47 am »
Glenn Beck on his show said Trump called him and tried to entice him to come visit with him at his Palm Beach Estate in Florida, showering him with accolades and praises.  Beck could see right through it, not feeling comfortable with the offer at all, and turned down what was pretty obvious a bribe. Certainly it was to get Beck to use his Blaze Radio and TV Program and web site, all reaching out to millions,  to help the Donald.  Beck said he is certain this is the same method used by Trump to get high profile pastors and celebrities (like Palin) as well to endorse him.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 04:01:22 am »
I look at Trump's endorsements and media enablers: Palin, Coulter, Newsmax, Free Republic, Drudge.  And then I look at those who have been skeptical: Thomas Sowell, David Horowitz, Breitbart, Mark Levin, Glenn Beck, David Limbaugh and a host of neo-cons from National Review.  And then there are those who are more or less neutral: Mark Steyn, Rush Limbaugh.  I really don't know what to make of it.  In general, I have more respect for some of the people in the against and neutral corners.  However, there is one person who has helped Trump that I have tremendous respect for, and that is Jeff Sessions.  I don't think Sessions has endorsed Trump, though.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 01:08:05 pm »
Sessions is a great guy.  If I understand it correctly, though, his support is on the tariffs issue.  That would be something I disagree with both of them on.  I am no expert on tariffs, so hey, persuade me otherwise.  All that I have heard is that they do not work and, in fact, backfire.

I completely agree with you on tariffs and protectionism. 

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2016, 01:11:31 pm »
I have the same suspicions just based on how Trump admits to buying politicians.  BUT, as an issue of principle, no matter how much I have grown to distrust Trump, I will only leave it in the allegation category until there is proof.  King is a trustworthy person so far as I know.  I don't disbelieve him in general.  I just have learned the hard way to wait for the facts and to make up my own mind based solely on that.  Different people interpret things differently.  Sometimes you have to base things on trust.  This is not one of those times.  I'll wait.

Still, I would not be surprised if it were true.

What makes KING so trustworthy because you say so ? You TRUMP haters are really struggling for anything to try and bash him. However, none of you HATERS have the GUTS to support anyone and say why he is better in ANY way than TRUMP. COWARDS! :thud:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 01:43:15 pm »
What makes KING so trustworthy because you say so ? You TRUMP haters are really struggling for anything to try and bash him. However, none of you HATERS have the GUTS to support anyone and say why he is better in ANY way than TRUMP. COWARDS! :thud:

So what was it about Trump that seduced you so you dare not utter a negative word about him? 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Longiron

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 06:34:53 pm »
So what was it about Trump that seduced you so you dare not utter a negative word about him?

No Donors, non POLITICAN, actually did something in life other than talk about doing something. Yes, he did build that! His immigration policy and the Wall, his tax plan, want me to go on. Tell us where Kasish stands on immigration, his tax plan, what has he done in life that he was successful at other than a Gov't job, he supports Obamacare and Ohio will pay the price of course when he is out of office. He took the money from Onama for the health exchanges so he could have a surplus in OH state budget. That is the only way they would have had a surplus and they will pay the price.  :tongue2:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 06:59:05 pm »
No Donors, non POLITICAN.....

I always am disappointed when I see people, especially intelligent ones continue the lines 'no donors' 'self funding' 'not obligated to anyone' etc. As posted here in December, he is getting and relying on a lot of donations and the 'self-funding' is only loans he is making to his campaign- loans that have to be paid back by the campaign to him (with interest of his choosing) otherwise he will exceed the federal election financing limits. That, or he writes all that off, screwing the vendors and suppliers the campaign owes money to.

The 'I'm self funding, I'm not accepting donations' line is just an applause line, it isn't reality.

However, doing it this way does provide him an advantage. People can personally invest directly with Trump who then uses that money to loan to his campaign so he can be funded by all these billionaires and Wall Street fat cats (who also have invested a lot in his businesses) but keep it on the down low from public scrutiny.

Remember, this is the guy who owes George Soros over $100 Million dollars and has been bailed out by Wall Street, the Saudis, even Soros for over a billion dollars - (all documented here on many threads) yet he tells you he isn't in bed with them.

It is like a used car salesman telling you that dent will just buff out...