Author Topic: Police kill transgender man who gained viral fame last year with dog  (Read 578 times)

Offline flowers

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/02/06/police-kill-transgender-man-who-gained-viral-fame-last-year-with-dog/

Arizona police shot and killed a transgender man who gained viral fame last year after uploading a video showing his service dog calming him during a meltdown.

The 24-year-old, who had Asperger’s syndrome, was legally known as Danielle Jacobs, but identified as Kayden Clarke and hoped to transition from female to male, friends told the Arizona Republic. Police were at his home Thursday morning after being alerted to a suicidal email he had sent out, according to the Associated Press.

A pair of officers tried to talk to Clarke through an open doorway as a third officer retrieved a “less-than-lethal option,” a Mesa police spokesman said Friday, according to video uploaded by the Republic. Clarke came to the door with a large kitchen knife in hand, said the spokesman, who referred to Clarke as a woman.

[A year of reckoning: Police fatally shoot nearly 1,000]

“She lunged, extending the knife towards the officers from a very close distance,” Detective Esteban Flores said. “The officers felt threatened at that point,” and so they shot him. Clarke was taken to a hospital but did not survive, the Republic reported.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Police kill transgender man who gained viral fame last year with dog
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 11:09:33 pm »
Very big question mark for me, that police "had" to kill this human. Too bad anyway.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 11:18:25 pm »
Very big question mark for me, that police "had" to kill this human. Too bad anyway.
they got a tip about a suicide email. one would think they would have had tazers not guns at the ready?

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 11:19:52 pm »
She "hoped to transition, " but let's call her "he" anyway.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2016, 11:38:15 pm »
"dead" is the description now for this one.  **nononono*

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2016, 11:41:02 pm »

Cops shoot. It's what they do.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 11:41:41 pm »

Which, of course, is completely beside the point.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 12:05:35 am »
Cops shoot. It's what they do.

That is a very big downside of contact with law enforcement. My BIL played his frequent gig, at a local tavern in Murrieta Calif. a few nights ago. He left around midnight, for about 2 mile drive home.

He does not drink or use drugs, but does a fantastic Stevie Ray Vaughan tribute.

He goes a short distance, and is pulled over. He asks the officer why. Officer tells him things are going downhill. My BIL said he thought at that moment, his life might be in danger.

Anyway it resulted in no citation, but a warning to not ask too many questions.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 12:20:55 am »
I have heard stories like this all my life. Somebody becomes suicidal. Someone (parents, wife, boyfriend/girlfriend) calls the cops. Cops show up and shoot.

Anytime you are in contact with police, no matter what for, there is a chance you will get shot, and there is a chance you will go to jail. Another ironic case which is fairly common, is parents will call the cops on their son/daughter because they are acting up. The cops show up, and very bad things follow.

There should be an unarmed division of the police that acts as more of a counselor than a cop, to respond to suicide and other domestic calls which are not criminal. If you get a regular cop on the scene, they only know two things. Shoot them, or take them to jail. That is what they do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 01:02:34 am »
The cops show up, and very bad things follow.

Amen.  I learned at a very young age that there is no situation that cannot be made worse until the police are involved. 
Rule 1. Never talk to the police unless absolutely necessary. 
Rule 2. Never ever talk to the press. Ever.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2016, 01:22:25 am »
Which, of course, is completely beside the point.
Please describe the point, then. The writer of the article seems to have thought the person's sexual confusion significant,  or it wouldn't have been highlighted.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org