Author Topic: Trump: ‘Wouldn’t It Be Nice If We Actually Got Along With Russia and China?’  (Read 1367 times)

HAPPY2BME

CNSNews.com

VIDEO

CLINTON, IA. – Speaking at a rally on Saturday in Clinton, Iowa, GOP presidential hopeful Donald Trump said he appreciated Vladimir Putin’s compliments on his candidacy and said it would be “nice” if the United States “got along” with Russia and China.

“Wouldn’t it be nice if we actually got along with Russia and China and all these countries?” Trump said. “Wouldn’t it be nice?

“So that when we have an ISIS threat and we have these threats they can actually spend money and put money into that and knock the hell out of them also--it’s not always us–the policemen of the world.”

In December, the Guardian reported that Putin praised Trump following a December press conference.

“He is a very colorful and talented man, no doubt about that,” Putin said. “He is the absolute leader of the presidential race, as we see it today.

“He says that he wants to move to another level of relations, to a deeper level of relations with Russia,” Putin said. “How can we not welcome that? Of course we welcome it.”

Trump said Putin has called him “a genius” and that his Republican rivals wanted him to denounce Putin.

“When Putin said Trump is a genius, Trump is this, Trump--these people wanted me to say to Putin, ‘We want you to take that statement back’ these people that I’m running against.

“He called me a genius,” Trump said. “He said I’m the leader and--I don’t know if he meant it. Who the hell knows? I’m mean, you know.”

Trump said he would not be “seduced” by the praise but he encouraged it.

“They wanted me to demand that he take it back,” Trump said. “Who the hell’s going to take it back, can you….No I want him to say it a few more times so everyone knows.

“And then they want me to denounce Putin,” Trump said. “Why would I denounce him,” Trump said “For what? For what?

“You know, it’s sort of interesting,” Trump said. “Wouldn’t it be nice if we actually got along with Russia and China and all these countries?

“Wouldn’t it be nice?” Trump said. “So that when we have an ISIS threat and we have these threats they can actually spend money and put money into things and knock the hell out of them also -- it’s not always us – the policemen of the world.

“So that I can get China to go and do a number on North Korea where this maniac is building nuclear missiles all over the place,” Trump said.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/trump-wouldnt-it-be-nice-if-we-actually-got-along-russia-and-china

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

They want me to denounce Putin,” Trump said. “Why would I denounce him,” Trump said “For what? For what?

HAPPY2BME

They want me to denounce Putin,” Trump said. “Why would I denounce him,” Trump said “For what? For what?

==============================

And your advisement is what?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

==============================

And your advisement is what?

Tell Putin to get out of the Ukraine, stop bombing the Free Syrian Army, don't poison or disappear unfriendly press and politicians, stop stealing SuperBowl rings.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Tell Putin to get out of the Ukraine, stop bombing the Free Syrian Army, don't poison or disappear unfriendly press and politicians, stop stealing SuperBowl rings.

Stop bombing the "Free Syrian Army"?  Really?  :whistle: