Author Topic: Sheriff says two men who escaped jail captured in San Francisco  (Read 267 times)

Offline flowers

Sheriff says two men who escaped jail captured in San Francisco
« on: January 30, 2016, 07:35:56 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/30/two-men-who-escaped-calif-jail-likely-fled-to-northern-california.html?intcmp=hplnws

Two men who escaped a Southern California jail last week were captured Saturday, the Orange County Sheriff’s office announced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Jonathan Tieu, 20, and Hossein Nayeri, 37, were nabbed by cops in San Francisco, the sheriff’s office said  in a tweet.

“#OCSDPIO:  Both outstanding jail escapees (Nayeri & Tieu) IN-CUSTODY by @SFPD,” the tweet said.

Stolen Vehicle ACTUAL 2008 White GMC Savana Utility Lic: 8U66466 plates/stickers may have been removed pic.twitter.com/MASIlWnYxe
    — OC Sheriff, CA (@OCSD) January 29, 2016

Details of the capture were expected to be revealed at a  press conference scheduled for later Saturday.

Tieu and Nayeri were believed to be in Northern California and driving the same van they stole when they made their brazen escape, authorities said Friday.

The third escapee Bac Duong, 43, was caught after he turned himself in Friday. Duong broke off from the other two men, went to a Southern California body shop where his friend works and had her call police.

Orange County sheriff’s spokesman Jeff Hallock said Duong was cooperating with authorities after his capture.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Sheriff says two men who escaped jail captured in San Francisco
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 08:28:38 pm »
Good news.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 08:42:42 pm »
Superb law enforcement (after the escape). My county. Lady Sheriff. Very aggressive Republican DA, hopefully push for max punishment.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 08:59:01 pm »
Superb law enforcement (after the escape). My county. Lady Sheriff. Very aggressive Republican DA, hopefully push for max punishment.
do you know if they put them back in the same jail they escaped from?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 09:13:13 pm »

Agreed. Highly professional - I sort of half followed it on twitter and your LEOs were doing the whole "informing without frightening" thing superbly.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink