Author Topic: Trumping Morality  (Read 4803 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Trumping Morality
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2016, 06:00:44 pm »

Also from the same Jesus Christ:

Furthermore, Jesus Christ did not live in a republic. Governors and kings were chosen for them by the emperor in Rome.

To call oneself a Christian and knowingly endorse a false prophet is to defy Jesus's own warnings.

(quoted from Matthew 7)

So, Trump is a prophet now?  He was Hitler up-thread.

Prophet definition:  Someone who brings a message from God to people.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2016, 06:01:20 pm »
It's the vast right-wing conspiracy...

Wait a minute.  I meant that as snark, but... that actually fits the current blogging found with those that favor Trump.  Just look at the "Fox is left-wing" nuttery floating around.

:amen:
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2016, 06:03:18 pm »
I'm voting for the commander-in-chief, not the preacher-in-chief.

Why would you vote for a draft-dodger to be the Commander in Chief?

Are you REALLY comfortable with the idea of someone as mentally unstable as Trump having access to the nuclear launch codes?

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2016, 06:34:15 pm »
Anne Frank's Stepsister Says Donald Trump Is 'Acting Like Another Hitler'

http://www.americanews.com/story/society/2016/01/28/anne-franks-stepsister-and-holocaust-survivor-says-donald-trump-acting?fb=an

Nice! And with this, we need Democrats? I know quite a bit about Adolf Hitler.  I assume you do as well. And Trump ain't no Hitle. rA third party stalking horse doesn't give you cover on this one. The comparison is odious, and unworthy of you. Even if you run it through somebody else's mouth.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2016, 07:02:07 pm »
Nice! And with this, we need Democrats? I know quite a bit about Adolf Hitler.  I assume you do as well. And Trump ain't no Hitle. rA third party stalking horse doesn't give you cover on this one. The comparison is odious, and unworthy of you. Even if you run it through somebody else's mouth.

I don't think anyone,especially not Anne Franks sister,is claiming that Trump wants to murder the Jews. He's lived his whole life in NYC and had business dealings,social contacts, and friendships with more Jews than most of us have even met.

The implication I get is that it is just her way of saying he is nothing more than a wannabe dictator.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2016, 07:08:18 pm »
I don't think anyone,especially not Anne Franks sister,is claiming that Trump wants to murder the Jews. He's lived his whole life in NYC and had business dealings,social contacts, and friendships with more Jews than most of us have even met.

The implication I get is that it is just her way of saying he is nothing more than a wannabe dictator.

Let's see, 'wannabe dictator'. Could have used Mussolini, Franco, Salazar, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot. All odious men. But she chose Hitler. Holocaust Hitler, World War ii starting Hitler. The connotation a coincidence? I think not. If they were, she should have put her brain in gear before engaging her mouth.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2016, 07:13:17 pm »
Let's see, 'wannabe dictator'. Could have used Mussolini, Franco, Salazar, Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot. All odious men. But she chose Hitler. Holocaust Hitler, World War ii starting Hitler. The connotation a coincidence? I think not. If they were, she should have put her brain in gear before engaging her mouth.

Why would Hitler come to mind first to Anne Frank's sister?  Can we guess??   **nononono*
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:21:48 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2016, 07:15:36 pm »

I don't think it was a coincidence at all. After all,Hitler is the dictator she is most familiar with.

BTW,Stalin,Mussolini,and the Japanese cabinet are as responsible for WW-2 as Hitler. Stalin and Hitler even divided up Poland.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2016, 07:30:27 pm »

This sort of exhibition by anti-Trump elements, publicly shows off your lousy judgment. Hitler, no less.

Elevate your games. Trump is showing you 3D Chess and you wallow around pondering checkers moves.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2016, 08:07:21 pm »
This sort of exhibition by anti-Trump elements, publicly shows off your lousy judgment. Hitler, no less.

Elevate your games. Trump is showing you 3D Chess and you wallow around pondering checkers moves.

I think it's Anne Frank's sister to whom your comments should be directed.  Others here were merely posting her comments or explaining why she might have first thought of Hitler when discussing dictator wannabe's.

I'm positive that no one on this forum thinks Trump is Hitler or anything like Hitler, but Anne Frank's sister's comments are certainly relevant to the conversation.

As for Trump's playing "chess."  I hardly think so.  He's just emotionally doing what he feels is best for him (it's what narcissists do), and a whole bunch of people, having lost their powers of discrimination and independent thought, are following him over the cliff.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online mountaineer

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2016, 08:10:33 pm »
Just to correct something I keep seeing repeated, Jerry Falwell Jr. is not a preacher.  His father was a preacher, but he is a lawyer.  I heard him say that on the radio.  He administrates the University, but he is not a preacher.
You are correct.  Thanks for the reminder that we should be accurate in our comments.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 08:53:38 pm »
I don't think it was a coincidence at all. After all,Hitler is the dictator she is most familiar with.

BTW,Stalin,Mussolini,and the Japanese cabinet are as responsible for WW-2 as Hitler. Stalin and Hitler even divided up Poland.

The Japanese may well be given credit for having started WW II with their invasion of Manchuria in 1931, and their invasion of China in 1937. Insofar as Europe, however, while Stalin facilitated its start with his Non-Aggression Pact with Hitler, including it's secret Protocols, the fact remains that it was Hitler's refusal to withdraw from Poland on September 3rd [two days after he attacked it] that precipitated the Declaration of War by Great Britain and France. And one may well give the Brits and France responsibility for WW II when they let Hitler swallow the Sudentenland, the rest of Czechoslavakia [in contravention of the Munich Pact] and Memel with nary a peep.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2016, 08:55:28 pm »
Why would Hitler come to mind first to Anne Frank's sister?  Can we guess??   **nononono*

Yes, I can. And considering what the lady knows about Hitler, and his regime, the comments regarding Trump are FAR beyond either good taste, or reasonable discourse.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2016, 09:12:56 pm »
Yes, I can. And considering what the lady knows about Hitler, and his regime, the comments regarding Trump are FAR beyond either good taste, or reasonable discourse.

Ahh........ she's 86 years old.  Maybe she's beyond "reasonable discourse." 

At any rate, no one here thinks Trump is like Hitler, so you can relax......  ^-^

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2016, 09:26:20 pm »
Ahh........ she's 86 years old.  Maybe she's beyond "reasonable discourse." 

At any rate, no one here thinks Trump is like Hitler, so you can relax......  ^-^

Ah, but somebody here posted it. Must have been a reason.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2016, 09:31:01 pm »

I'm sure there was.  The person who posted it is a thoughtful, intelligent person, so perhaps if you asked politely, you'd get an answer to your question.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2016, 10:37:10 pm »

I'm the person who posted it and did so only to illustrate what someone outside the little group of posters that populate this place thinks of Mr. Trump.

Never said that I agreed or disagreed with a single word of the article!

I don't like Donald TRump even a little bit and have been quite open about that but neither do I think he is another Hitler.  And BTW, Neither does the lady who is the author of this article.  ALL she said, to me at least, is that she recognized the methods being used by Mr. Trump in this campaign!

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 01:09:08 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2016, 11:12:21 pm »

As for Trump's playing "chess."  I hardly think so.  He's just emotionally doing what he feels is best for him (it's what narcissists do), and a whole bunch of people, having lost their powers of discrimination and independent thought, are following him over the cliff.

:amen: Quoted because it needs to be said over and over.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2016, 11:17:19 pm »
The Japanese may well be given credit for having started WW II with their invasion of Manchuria in 1931, and their invasion of China in 1937. Insofar as Europe, however, while Stalin facilitated its start with his Non-Aggression Pact with Hitler, including it's secret Protocols, the fact remains that it was Hitler's refusal to withdraw from Poland on September 3rd [two days after he attacked it] that precipitated the Declaration of War by Great Britain and France. And one may well give the Brits and France responsibility for WW II when they let Hitler swallow the Sudentenland, the rest of Czechoslavakia [in contravention of the Munich Pact] and Memel with nary a peep.

If we are going to get that deep into it,let's not forget the Treaty of Versailles,that virtually guaranteed a unstable and dangerous Germany looking for revenge.

Punishing a government for the sins of it's leaders is one thing. Punishing a whole people,some not even born at the time,for the sins of an earlier generation is always going to result in resentment and a desire for revenge.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2016, 11:47:16 pm »
The point I was trying to make.  How can looking for integrity in those you deal with be a bad thing?  And how can it be 'self-righteous' to ask that others have integrity?

Truthfully, atheists can have integrity.  People who don't practice any religion can have integrity.  (And people claiming to be Christians can be entirely lacking it).

Asking for character in a President is not even remotely the same as asking for a "preacher."

Agreed, but I'll respond like a preacher anyway - Amen!
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Paladin

« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2016, 12:16:40 am »
"Food for thought, folks:

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

(Regardless of what you may think of Eleanor Roosevelt, she makes a good point.)

Let's keep it on the candidates and the issues, please."

Clarification, please, Mod1. When you quote that statement with approbation did you mean to include this, ah, "issue"?

"Voting for Trump is voting for the devil."

Just curious.

Someday you anti-Trump zealots will learn this kind of hysterics makes you look incredibly foolish and undercuts whatever valid points you might otherwise make.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2016, 12:21:20 am »

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

(Regardless of what you may think of Eleanor Roosevelt, she makes a good point.)

Clarification, please, Mod1. When you quote that statement with approbation did you mean to include this, ah, "issue"?

Just curious.

Someday you anti-Trump zealots will learn this kind of hysterics makes you look incredibly foolish and undercuts whatever valid points you might otherwise make.

You can put the one or two "anti-Trump zealots" on ignore if you don't want to see what those one or two people say.

I've done that with one "pro-Trump zealot" and it's working out fine for me.

Most people on this forum are discussing issues very rationally, Paladin.  Focus on them, not the very  few who aren't.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2016, 12:23:20 am »
"Most people on this forum are discussing issues very rationally, Paladin.  Focus on them, not the very  few who aren't."

Forgive me, but I shall focus and post on what interests me whether that pleases you or not.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2016, 12:29:42 am »
"Most people on this forum are discussing issues very rationally, Paladin.  Focus on them, not the very  few who aren't."

Forgive me, but I shall focus and post on what interests me whether that pleases you or not.

It wasn't a command.  It was a gentle suggestion because you took a single word of a single post on a very issue-oriented thread and broad-brushed a lot of people with your accusation.

I could care less what you do, and actually not much you say around here 'pleases me."  But I will defend your right to say whatever you want, regardless of whether you defend the rights of others to do so.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2016, 01:05:10 am »

Just curious.

No, Mrs. Roosevelt's quote doesn't fit perfectly as the Candidates are a subclass of People.

But the point that we've been trying to stress here is that the Candidates (absent direct threats and obscenity) and the Issues are fair game for all comers.  It is the personal attacks on fellow members that are off limits. 

Irrational and emotion-based attacks on Candidates are left to stand on their own.  Additionally, the 'clever' generalized attacks on the broader class of a candidate's supporters such as  "candidate-abc's supporters are...." can also stand on their own merit, or lack thereof.

Hopefully, that clears it up!