Author Topic: Donald Trump persuaded by Laredo mayor to temper border wall plan - October 2015  (Read 3904 times)

Offline Mod1

KNOCK IT OFF, sneakypete.

We've been extremely patient with you, our patience is not endless.

Offline aligncare

I think some got kicked off FR, changed names, and came here oblivious of the idea of "peaceful coexistence."

Only the most egregious offenders of good behavior there, have been "zotted."

They hit the ground here, trying to do exactly what got them ejected just days before, from what for some was their long-term site.

One of them today offered the excuse that the depth of their conviction, justified their behavior.

The idea of "it is not what you say, but how you say it," is beyond their grasp.

And the idea of challenging the message, not the messenger, is equally beyond their grasp.

One made 75 posts, mostly offensive, his first day.

Well said! Great post!

Listen up newbee, you could learn something about rational discourse from the above. (Unless you'd just rather sing in the choir and sling Amens.)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I saw where they did that.  I thought I saw where JR said he liked Trump and Cruz.  Are people actually getting banned for liking Cruz?
Not sure. I remember during the Thompson/Hunter dispute back in '08 they tolerated both sides.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
https://consistentconservatives.wordpress.com/2016/01/22/regrouping/#comments

A load of Cruz supporters basically bailed.

A lot of "Cruz supporters" who post TEN topics on TRUMP vs. ONE topic on CRUZ. 

They don't even comment when Myst or Ranger start a Cruz thread.

No EC.  They may not realize it...but they're trolls.   

You know, like dead or stupid people don't know....    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

No, DC, sorry to disappoint you but we are neither trolls, stupid or dead.  You might want you to check you projection card.

Offline DCPatriot

No, DC, sorry to disappoint you but we are neither trolls, stupid or dead.  You might want you to check you projection card.

Wasn't even thinking about you. 

We were speaking about the recent refugees banned from TOS. 

I apologized to you the other day.  Remember that when you post to me. 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wasn't even thinking about you. 

We were speaking about the recent refugees banned from TOS. 

I apologized to you the other day.  Remember that when you post to me.

And, I appreciate that, however one apology does not inoculate you forever.  Perhaps not writing insults would be a better course of action.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Alice and DC.  Stop and reset.
Those stupid but motivated voters have already rejected Trump.
They do not, as Sneaky Pete has pointed out, have to accept the will of the voters.
The voters who gave us Obama by voting for him or refusing to vote for Romney or McCain.

In a couple days the Iowa Caucus will be set, next week NH, then SC, and hopefully by then we will have a clearer picture of the GOP nominee.
Don't make enemies before the first vote.

I understand that a lot of angry crap has been said already...let it go...don't build on it.

I know you are both honorable people with the best intentions for our country.  I also know you are wrong, and only a vote will dissuade me.
It hurts me to think, even though we disagree about Trump, and even though I don't think it is your intention, that you believe those of us who still hope Trump is not our nominee are stupid.  I have never thought you were stupid.

Temper your glee and satisfaction for a few days, and I promise to temper my self righteous contempt for Trump supporters should he fail to win Iowa.

I'd remind you that Trump has been downplaying his prospects in Iowa even though all the polls show a healthy lead.

If you can't do it for me, do it for yourself.  Be magnanimous on the eve of your vindication.  You will feel better about this dirty, and nasty primary and we can group hug for a "terrific and huge" victory in November.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 07:13:47 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Most of them are well-behaved. Although one or two are smart-alecky, snarky, imbeciles. But who cares? Let them have their self-gratifying fun of knowing how 'superior' they are to everyone else.

I haven't seen anything from the new people that could in any way compare to what we are already use to.

But, yes. I noticed the same thing. The majority of new posters are anti-Trump. I welcome them all, as long as they don't start getting vulgar, hostile, and out of bounds.

Funny thing about these anti-Trump guys is, and I am really serious about this, if you ask any of the ferocious anti-Trump posters who their guy is, THEY NEVER ANSWER THAT QUESTION!. It continues to amaze me. Ok, I know you don't like Trump, so who is your guy? [crickets] Every single time.

I don't why, or what this is about, but try it. There is no anti-Trump poster on this board who will say who they would rather have. It is a phenomenon. Try it.

What are you talking about?   I certainly haven't hidden who I'm supporting.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

HAPPY2BME

Mystery has turned this into a great forum. She has worked long and hard to get to where it is today so please respect her and our forum and just try and be nice to people here. The enemy will be here in September. Our primary candidates are not the enemy. :patriot: :patriot:

=============================

#30.

Cuts through the haze quite a bit.

Thanks for that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

One made 75 posts, mostly offensive, his first day.

I let this pass the first few times it was posted,but I'm not going to let you people get away with  playing your passive-aggressive game anymore while pretending you are the offended victims.

I don't know if it was you or some other Trumpette that started that crap,but at least two or three of you started hitting me with it the second day I was posting here.

I make ONE post,and 4 or 5 of your klan respond to it with passive-aggressive attacks,so I am obligated to respond 4 or 5 times. Which creates another 4,5,or even more snide attack posts to me that I have to answer. THEN I get jumped on for making 75 posts the first day when the majority were in response to posts made to me.

If I HADN'T responded,you would all be playing that old FR game of "What's the matter,no reply to the truth,so you cut and run?",or something similar.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe a few of you are so slow-witted you don't realize when a poster responds to posts,it's not the same thing as just making 75 unsolicited,stand alone posts in one day? I doubt it,though. I think you all understand and understood what you were doing,which was piling on,egging on,and then pretending to be teachers pet innocents and picked on when I responded. All in an effort to shut down criticism of Trump   Why else would you be so obsessed that you would bother to count my posts?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:53:43 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

Questions about posting, number and frequency, are easily checked by looking at the member's profile.

Click member's name from any page > click show posts (sidebar upper left)

Voilà! Any claims of over-posting, under-posting or whatever can be either verified or discredited.

Data are stubborn things.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Questions about posting, number and frequency, are easily checked by looking at the member's profile.

Click member's name from any page > click show posts (sidebar upper left)

Voilà! Any claims of over-posting, under-posting or whatever can be either verified or discredited.

Data are stubborn things.

And both are equally meaningless. Anyone that tries to imply lots of posts equals evil intent is just looking for a cheap shot to make because they have nothing else to say.

Offline aligncare

And both are equally meaningless. Anyone that tries to imply lots of posts equals evil intent is just looking for a cheap shot to make because they have nothing else to say.

Yes, well. I wish to remain neutral in this dust up. Information provided for educational purposes only.  ^-^

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, well. I wish to remain neutral in this dust up. Information provided for educational purposes only.  ^-^

No problem. I can live with that.

Offline libertybele

They do not, as Sneaky Pete has pointed out, have to accept the will of the voters.
The voters who gave us Obama by voting for him or refusing to vote for Romney or McCain.

In a couple days the Iowa Caucus will be set, next week NH, then SC, and hopefully by then we will have a clearer picture of the GOP nominee.

I understand that a lot of angry crap has been said already...let it go...don't build on it.

I know you are both honorable people with the best intentions for our country.  I also know you are wrong, and only a vote will dissuade me.
It hurts me to think, even though we disagree about Trump, and even though I don't think it is your intention, that you believe those of us who still hope Trump is not our nominee are stupid.  I have never thought you were stupid.

Temper your glee and satisfaction for a few days, and I promise to temper my self righteous contempt for Trump supporters should he fail to win Iowa.

I'd remind you that Trump has been downplaying his prospects in Iowa even though all the polls show a healthy lead.

If you can't do it for me, do it for yourself.  Be magnanimous on the eve of your vindication.  You will feel better about this dirty, and nasty primary and we can group hug for a "terrific and huge" victory in November.

:amen:  IF Trump does become our nominee, I hope he can win in the general against Hillary.  Most polls are indicating otherwise as his favorability rating is the lowest of all candidates.  Secondly, I pray that IF he is seated in the oval office, that he won't pull another Hussein; duping all his supporters who believed all his rhetoric and then does what he wants and continues to take this country to the left (we won't survive). Yes, I am a huge Cruz supporter and have been from the beginning.  If he should win I will be elated of course, if he should lose, so be it.  I know in my heart I did everything I possibly could to help him get elected. There is a huge difference between those who are a conservative and those who claim to be a conservative.   I and others have been ridiculed, berated, etc.,  in here for supporting a candidate who is a conservative constitutionalist.  Imagine being ridiculed for supporting someone who stands up for the Constitution!  It is mind boggling and disheartening.  It is mind boggling that I am criticized for supporting the only candidate that has actually stood up on the Senate floor and gone up against the Washington cartel!  No.  I don't appreciate the ridicule and snide comments.  Perhaps things in here will quiet down in a couple of months.  Time will tell of course, till then... :seeya:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

I was simply responding to Aligncare, I believe, and said that the rabid anti-Trump members were hold-outs and WRONG.   They of course, don't know they are WRONG....and then I thought of the meme with the little boy who sees dead/stupid people who don't know they're dead/stupid.

For the life of me, I don't know how that translates into me thinking any of you here are stupid.

For that, we'll let the voters decide.   :beer:

Offline aligncare

Yes folks, that's the whole point!

There's a large Republican field from which to select. Everyone has opinions. And every opinion (including mine) is worth what you paid for it.

Just don't call me stupid or under the thrall of a candidate and everything will be just fine. The sky in my world is just as blue as it is in your's.

Offline DCPatriot

Yes folks, that's the whole point!

There's a large Republican field from which to select. Everyone has opinions. And every opinion (including mine) is worth what you paid for it.

Just don't call me stupid or under the thrall of a candidate and everything will be just fine. The sky in my world is just as blue as it is in your's.

:beer:

Offline DCPatriot

And, I appreciate that, however one apology does not inoculate you forever.  Perhaps not writing insults would be a better course of action.

Once again, you fail to slow down to absorb context before you run for the POST button.

NOBDY ever said you or anybody here was stupid. 

We were speaking about "trolls".  Recent refugees from TOS.  Nowhere does that describe you, my friend.

Alice used the meme merely as an analogy that the "Trolls didn't know they were trolling....".

Now...that's strike two.    :laugh:

Offline NavyCanDo

I don't at all understand all of the new posters here who are 100% anti-Trump posters.  It seems like more than a coincidence.   :whistle:

Why is it that Trump posters attack the messenger rather than the message?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

Why is it that Trump posters attack the messenger rather than the message?

I have never done that at all, not one time. You're making too broad a statement. I demand an apology... :silly:

Seriously though, that's too broad. I've never seen katz do that either.