Author Topic: White House: Obama Doesn't Want to Serve on Supreme Court  (Read 387 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: Obama Doesn't Want to Serve on Supreme Court
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:21:05 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=711732

Newsmax
White House: Obama Doesn't Want to Serve on Supreme Court
Thursday, January 28, 2016 05:41 PM

Don't expect Barack Obama to wind up on the Supreme Court -- he doesn't want the job.

The White House says Obama's post-presidency plans don't include becoming a Supreme Court justice.

When Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton was asked in Iowa if she'd nominate Obama if she were elected president, she responded by saying, "What a great idea."

But White House spokesman Josh Earnest says Obama would prefer to spend his post-presidency handling a wider range of issues than what the high court typically deals with.

Obama himself said in 2014 that he doesn't envision serving on the Supreme Court because the experience would be too "monastic" for him.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: White House: Obama Doesn't Want to Serve on Supreme Court
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 03:19:51 pm »
Of course he doesn't want the job.

It involves actual HARD work.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 03:28:05 pm »

For Obama It's good to be the king. The servants must wait, while the *master* baits.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 03:40:40 pm »
But White House spokesman Josh Earnest says Obama would prefer to spend his post-presidency handling a wider range of issues than what the high court typically deals with.

Obama himself said in 2014 that he doesn't envision serving on the Supreme Court because the experience would be too "monastic" for him.
That's right, folks: the Supreme Court doesn't have enough power for him to want to serve on it. Is there any doubt he wants to be a power behind the throne?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 07:05:12 pm »
I think we can heave a sigh of relief. With apologies to Jimmy Breslin, putting Obama on the Supreme Court would be something
like being able to say Willie Sutton works at your bank.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 07:50:45 pm »
Being on SCOTUS involves actual intellectual prowess and a work ethic.

Of course this historic fraud wants nothing to do with it.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 07:59:31 pm »
With his 7.2 years of fundamental US transformation ....Would he accept an appointment to the SLCOTUS;  Sharia Law Court of the US  :pondering:

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 08:08:37 pm »
With his 7.2 years of fundamental US transformation ....Would he accept an appointment to the SLCOTUS;  Sharia Law Court of the US  :pondering:
you have a point.  :pondering: sharia will be full on here by the time he leaves office.  :smokin:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 08:16:47 pm »
None of the GOP candidates (except Trump) would place Barry on the Supreme Court.  I don't think Hillary is going to be the nominee; I think she finally will see her day in court and I don't think she's going down alone; she'll try to take Barry with her.  Once she faces charges she will no longer have any loyalty to party...and I sure don't think party will have any loyalty left to her, unless they want to join her.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 08:56:44 pm »
Of course he doesn't want the job.

It involves actual HARD work.
Yes, it would cut into his busy schedule of golf and gay bath houses.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org