Author Topic: The Extraordinary Ted Cruz  (Read 1351 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Extraordinary Ted Cruz
« on: January 29, 2016, 02:05:20 pm »
January 29, 2016

The Extraordinary Ted Cruz

By Janice Shaw Crouse

The social, cultural, and political chaos of the U.S. after 7 years of the Obama administration make Election 2016 a critical, historic election. Only one candidate has the credentials and character necessary to deal with the elites’ hostility to conservative principles. We desperately need a leader who is up to the task of confronting the liberals and progressives in much of the government (especially the lawless Federal judiciary and Justice Department), the major corporations, and the news and entertainment media who have worked overtime to shield the likes of Hillary “what difference at this point does it make” Clinton and Barack “I’ve got a pen” Obama.

Today, if we are to once again prosper, our nation must have tough, principled leadership with the skills to unapologetically and effectively defend historic American values against the drumbeat of politically­ correct nonsense in the public square and the onslaught of outlandish government policies mixed with corruption and cronyism. The anger and revolt of Main Street Americans this election season shows that we’ve had enough of empty rhetoric, political spin, lies, and incompetence; we might not survive another failed presidency. But anger is not enough to produce change; it is not a strategy for fixing our problems. The next
president must have abundant courage and competence to face the thorny issues requiring a steady determination, firm goals, and principled leadership.

Unlike so many previously promising GOP leaders who have wilted in the face of media attacks, Ted Cruz has remained unbending while facing a flood of media hostility, as well as hostility from the establishment Republicans and inside ­the Beltway conservative elites. He is firm in his conservative convictions and willingness to speak out against corrupt compromises that defraud the public like the latest Omnibus Spending bill passed by career­ minded Republicans in Congress. His positions aren’t swayed by the audience ­­ as noted by his willingness in Iowa to be unwaveringly opposed to unwarranted ethanol subsidies.

Cruz alone – in a full GOP field of talented candidates ­­ has the brain power and experience to excel as a national and world leader in an increasingly violent, troubled world. His record of accomplishments is documented (Ivy League university and law school honors, enviable record as an influential lawyer in the private sector, strong record in Texas state government, legislative victories in U.S. Senate, and on and on). In addition to his record of achievement, Cruz’s record of actually attacking failed policies is impressive. Cut from the Reagan and Thatcher molds, Cruz is committed to small government ­­ in practice as well as rhetoric.

Senator Cruz has shown that people want authenticity; voters have had enough of those who say one thing and then do another. Cruz has shown his willingness to stand up to his colleagues who go along to get ahead. GOP elites say that such blunt beliefs are too divisive; that social conservatives can’t win a general election. In spite of almost universal media hostility, Ted Cruz is either #1 or #2 (depending on the poll) both in Iowa and nationally. In national polls, Cruz beats Hillary when Trump does not.

One of the most important tasks of the next president is to undo the damage at the U.S. Department of Justice after the Obama/Holder/Lynch debacle. As J. Christian Adams put it on PJ Media, “Cruz alone has an understanding of both the corrosive and lawless policies of the last seven years as well as the complex task of restoring the rule of law.” Cruz, Adams wrote, “has an outsider’s zeal to reverse Obama’s lawlessness with the insider’s ability to overcome bureaucratic inertia.” Like Adams, I see Cruz as the outsider/insider combination necessary to deal with all the messes ­­ including the intractable federal bureaucracy ­­ facing the 45th President of the U.S.

Of similar importance is that the next president will likely appoint several new U.S. Supreme Court justices. Senator Cruz is known for his strict adherence to the Constitution and the rule of law. There is no question regarding his faithfulness to the Constitution and his knowledge of the firm conservative convictions that are necessary for any nominee to the U.S. Supreme Court. Having authored 80 Supreme Court briefs and argued before the U.S. Supreme Court nine times, and clerked for the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, he is well­ prepared to understand the challenges and pressures Supreme Court justices face. Having more squishy appointments to the U.S. Supreme Court would be disastrous for any and all conservative gains.

Ted Cruz’s strong Evangelical faith has led to a profound shift in the campaign rhetoric. While candidates typically emphasize their faith in the early Bible Belt primaries, this year the shift to faith­ based campaigning has been notable ­­ apparently in deference to Cruz’s leadership in that area. Donald Trump ­­ a man not known for his piety or ethics ­­ has tried to talk about his faith, has gone to church, quoted Scripture, sought Christian endorsements and run a campaign emphasizing his Presbyterian connection. His efforts bring to mind the picture of Bill depends­ on ­what­ the­ meaning­ of­ is ­is Clinton walking to church carrying a Bible large enough to be a door stop.

After watching Obama repeatedly bowing to foreign leaders and hearing his litany of trumped­ up apologies around the world, Americans are hungry to see a revived American exceptionalism rooted in the American dream of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Voters must understand that conservative principles are not the pretty wrappings that a candidate ties up with fancy rhetoric during primary season to make it to the general election. Principled conservatism is the package itself. It’s added benefit when that solid package is wrapped in excellent credentials, successful experience and proven faith. I am confident that the voting public - especially those supporting a return to basic conservative principles in governance - can count on Ted Cruz to be the real deal.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/01/the_extraordinary_ted_cruz.html
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: The Extraordinary Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 02:06:09 pm »
I didn't write it but could have because it speaks for me to the letter!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 03:03:55 pm »

Ted Cruz is extraordinary. There's no doubt about that.

So how can such an extraordinary individual fail to connect with enough voters? I think it's because he's trying to use logic and reasoning to attract voters. He needs to start connecting with people on an emotional level. That's what's missing from his message. JMHO.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 03:58:45 pm »
I didn't write it but could have because it speaks for me to the letter!

As I was reading it, without looking to see who wrote it, I actually thought you did write it Bigun - it does speak for your admiration of Ted Cruz.   :patriot:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 04:50:00 pm »

So how can such an extraordinary individual fail to connect with enough voters? I think it's because he's trying to use logic and reasoning to attract voters. He needs to start connecting with people on an emotional level. That's what's missing from his message. JMHO.

CRUZ F***** up BIG TIME last night. If he would have walked out of that debate with TRUMP it would have shown courage and B****. He would have presented himself as a true outsider like TRUMP and would have said that it really is only a 2 person race! Everyone is suppose to follow the script and let the MEDIA be the stars and then they can pick the candidate. By not following the Big Media Script and throwing them the middle figure he would have distinguished himself  from the RINOGOPe and also showed his INDEPENDENCE and  that is what the people are looking for. That is why TRUMP is WINNING Big Time. CRUZ is now just another RINOGOPe candidate that is all talk and does nothing. Opportunities like this only come about so often. BUT again hanging out with BECK it starting to show and that is not a good thing. :bash:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:52:48 pm by Longiron »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 05:08:24 pm »

I think it is largely that a majority of voters no longer agree on issues, with hard core old fashioned conservatism.

--A majority of voters are NOT dominionist evangelicals
--A majority of voters do NOT want a law against abortions in rape cases
--A majority of voters DO know that Alberta is NOT in the US

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 05:28:21 pm »
I think it is largely that a majority of voters no longer agree on issues, with hard core old fashioned conservatism.

I'd say that's more social conservatism and that it doesn't reflect the majority of America's beliefs.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 05:30:48 pm »

While all 3 of your points are damaging, the amount of oppo that has been collected from the words and actions of Cruz, Sr. is staggering. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 08:07:17 pm »

JMHO; if Trump were not in the race Cruz would be #1. Trump dominates the media regardless of what he says or what he does; wrong, right or indifferent.  If people were to actually listen to one of Cruz's speeches you would hear the passion and emotion of what he says.  Instead of that focus; the only focus comes from negative ads and comments evolved from the Trump campaign and the establishment Senators who have fed on Trump's negativity surrounding Cruz. That is what I have meant by Trump is merely a siphon for the DEMS -- making sure that the focus is off the most conservative candidate.  The establishment wants Trump in there; even Reid has stated so.  You can't get much more establishment than Reid.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 08:22:47 pm »
JMHO; if Trump were not in the race Cruz would be #1. Trump dominates the media regardless of what he says or what he does; wrong, right or indifferent.  If people were to actually listen to one of Cruz's speeches you would hear the passion and emotion of what he says.  Instead of that focus; the only focus comes from negative ads and comments evolved from the Trump campaign and the establishment Senators who have fed on Trump's negativity surrounding Cruz. That is what I have meant by Trump is merely a siphon for the DEMS -- making sure that the focus is off the most conservative candidate.  The establishment wants Trump in there; even Reid has stated so.  You can't get much more establishment than Reid.

America will not elect "the most conservative candidate."

Last two times they elected Obama. Since then old white conservatives have died, and been replaced with young left-leaning minority people.

Reciting old failed platitudes to them fails, but some might support "Make America Great Again."

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 08:25:58 pm »
America will not elect "the most conservative candidate."

Last two times they elected Obama. Since then old white conservatives have died, and been replaced with young left-leaning minority people.

Reciting old failed platitudes to them fails, but some might support "Make America Great Again."

The fact that you continue to repeat that in no way makes it true!

Sorry!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 08:34:55 pm »
If I were to caucus in Iowa on Monday, I would definitely go with Cruz.  If Cruz loses Iowa, he will not be the last man standing against Trump.  The establishment candidates will likely succumb to pressure to coalesce around whichever one of them wins NH, and then it will be a final battle between that candidate and Trump. 

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 08:50:39 pm »
The fact that you continue to repeat that in no way makes it true!

Sorry!
IOW your typical response with nothing but your opinion.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 08:54:13 pm »
If I were to caucus in Iowa on Monday, I would definitely go with Cruz.  If Cruz loses Iowa, he will not be the last man standing against Trump.  The establishment candidates will likely succumb to pressure to coalesce around whichever one of them wins NH, and then it will be a final battle between that candidate and Trump.

It is more imperative for Cruz to win Iowa than the other candidates.  However, if Trump's poll numbers are correct, it doesn't matter how much the establishment tries to prop up their candidate ... Trump will be unstoppable especially if he takes New Hampshire as well.  Technically, IA has always voted for the more conservative and NH for the establishment -- if Trump takes both, it's over. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 09:59:15 pm »
IOW your typical response with nothing but your opinion.

Exactly! Just like the tripe you post is yours!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 10:32:43 pm »
CRUZ F***** up BIG TIME last night. If he would have walked out of that debate with TRUMP it would have shown courage and B****. He would have presented himself as a true outsider like TRUMP and would have said that it really is only a 2 person race! Everyone is suppose to follow the script and let the MEDIA be the stars and then they can pick the candidate. By not following the Big Media Script and throwing them the middle figure he would have distinguished himself  from the RINOGOPe and also showed his INDEPENDENCE and  that is what the people are looking for. That is why TRUMP is WINNING Big Time. CRUZ is now just another RINOGOPe candidate that is all talk and does nothing. Opportunities like this only come about so often. BUT again hanging out with BECK it starting to show and that is not a good thing. :bash:

Disagree.  Cruz stated that he felt that he and Trump owed it to the American public to debate and therefore showed up for the debate -- no need to follow Trump.  I believe that Cruz was set up (perhaps by Trump, perhaps not).  When Kelly started off with asking a question about Trump, Cruz tried to deflect with a joke and Kelly continued with questions to other candidates designed to attack Cruz.  Finally Cruz called the moderators out at the 'attack gotcha questions' ... perhaps that is when he should have walked off the stage.  It certainly would have made a point ... but it would have made Trump's point as well, and that is something Cruz didn't want to do...he was stuck.  I thought after he called out the moderators and put them in their place, he had a good debate. 

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 10:48:41 pm »
It is more imperative for Cruz to win Iowa than the other candidates.  However, if Trump's poll numbers are correct, it doesn't matter how much the establishment tries to prop up their candidate ... Trump will be unstoppable especially if he takes New Hampshire as well.  Technically, IA has always voted for the more conservative and NH for the establishment -- if Trump takes both, it's over.

Probably.  In the scenario you lay out there will be a last stand on Super Tuesday with one establishment candidate.