Author Topic: Updated 48 HOURS AFTER FOX DEBATE (POLL IS CLOSED) - 1.4 MILLION VOTES AND COUNTING - Trump UP to 60% - **DRUDGE POLL** WHO IS YOUR REPUBLICAN PICK FOR PRESIDENT?  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: **DRUDGE POLL** WHO IS YOUR REPUBLICAN PICK FOR PRESIDENT?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2016, 03:50:05 pm »

All the Trump supporters reveal is how pathetic and needy they are.   The rest of us want to pick a President.   

But that's the problem, "the rest of you" aren't picking a president.  If you were, I'd join you in a heartbeat.  "The rest of you" are picking someone who will fight tooth and nail to get 44% of the vote - with great good fortune 46% - in November.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline musiclady

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2016, 03:52:15 pm »
They can talk issues until they are blue in the face - no one who decides whether or not they will have any ability to do anything about those issues will listen to them.  First, you have to get the voters to willingly listen.  Mitt Romney was a serious candidate who talked about the issues.  How much has Mitt Romney been able to do these last four years about those issues he talked about? To make any of this exercise the least bit relevant, first you must win.  75% of the people in this country couldn't even name a Republican candidate except Trump. He sucks all the air out of the room - which is what it takes to win in 2016.

Being an attention 'sucker' with 100% name recognition isn't exactly a resounding endorsement for your guy, Scott.

I'm not willing to throw every standard we've ever had for a President just because of a pipe dream that some how, the mean, rude, crude guy can 'win.'

He's getting a minority of support from his own party.......... oh, I forgot, the Republican party isn't exactly 'his' is it?  It's just how he's identifying himself for the moment.......... and his chances of winning the actually election are dismal at best.

And once again, he lacks the political positions, the character, and the honor to be our choice for the highest position in the world.

And internet polls are easily rigged........  (remember "FReep this poll??") It's easy.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2016, 03:53:36 pm »
But that's the problem, "the rest of you" aren't picking a president.  If you were, I'd join you in a heartbeat.  "The rest of you" are picking someone who will fight tooth and nail to get 44% of the vote - with great good fortune 46% - in November.

Other candidates poll above Hillary, Scott.  Your accusation is not true.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2016, 03:58:11 pm »
These drudge polls always piss everybody here off. Got anymore?

They don't piss anyone with half a brain off.  They're bogus and rife with manipulation.

They don't collect cookies so folks can vote as many times as they please just by refreshing the page.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2016, 04:00:57 pm »
Other candidates poll above Hillary, Scott.  Your accusation is not true.

So now you like polls?  So does Trump.

I don't know about you, but I am sick of voting for losing candidates.  I am sick of watching Democrats talk about how they will transform America on election night.  Show me someone other than Trump who can be the Alpha in the race, create the electricity needed to move people, get people excited and angry and ready to take the country back, and I'm there with you.  None of the other candidates can come even close to that and you aren't going to lazily row your boat down the stream elegantly to victory. You are going to have to take this election with "violence."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:01:49 pm by Scottftlc »

...Bob Dylan

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2016, 04:01:53 pm »

For my support of Donald Trump I've been called a stooge, duped, stupid, emotional, irresponsible, a moron, vulgar, a bully, pathetic, needy (I wish I could remember all the names sinkspur used on me).

You've not been called those things personally.   
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:02:15 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2016, 04:13:34 pm »
They don't piss anyone with half a brain off.  They're bogus and rife with manipulation.

They don't collect cookies so folks can vote as many times as they please just by refreshing the page.

Not true. Only one vote is accepted. Go ahead, try it yourself. Try to cast more than one vote.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2016, 04:15:24 pm »
So now you like polls?  So does Trump.

I don't know about you, but I am sick of voting for losing candidates.  I am sick of watching Democrats talk about how they will transform America on election night.  Show me someone other than Trump who can be the Alpha in the race, create the electricity needed to move people, get people excited and angry and ready to take the country back, and I'm there with you.  None of the other candidates can come even close to that and you aren't going to lazily row your boat down the stream elegantly to victory. You are going to have to take this election with "violence."

Oh, for heaven's sake.  Stop the games, Scott.  They're wearisome.

You said that Trump could win, and I just said that others did better than Trump against Hillary in some polls.

The only reason you think Trump can win is that  YOU believe the polls.

Basically, you're saying you're sick of voting for losing candidates so you're supporting Trump, regardless of his lack of character, or his lack of being conservative in any area at all.

I don't call that "winning," Scott.  I call that conceding the country to the enemy.

Edited to add:  We FINALLY have a choice of qualified candidates, FAR better than McCain or Romney, and you are dismissing them all because of your perception that Trump is a "winner."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:17:34 pm by musiclady »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2016, 04:19:26 pm »
Oh, for heaven's sake.  Stop the games, Scott.  They're wearisome.

You said that Trump could win, and I just said that others did better than Trump against Hillary in some polls.

The only reason you think Trump can win is that  YOU believe the polls.

Basically, your saying you're sick of voting for losing candidates so you're supporting Trump, regardless of his lack of character, or his lack of being conservative in any area at all.

I don't call that "winning," Scott.  I call that conceding the country to the enemy.

I call losing in November from fielding yet another lack-luster candidate conceding the country to the enemy.

While it is patently untrue that he is not conservative "in any area at all," if it is one thing we know for certain, conservative ideology has not been a vote-getter in presidential elections in decades (and with the exception of Reagan, it has never been in all of modern history).  You need to seek something other than conservatism to be successful in a national election.

And for your edit: McCain yes, a handful are better...Romney no, by normal establishment Republican standards, Romney is both as accomplished and as capable a vote getter as what we have in the rest of the field.  Cruz and Rubio have potential in the future, Cruz,who I am quite drawn to, will be isolated as a rigid ideologue and crushed by it in the end.  Rubio needs age and seasoning, and he needs to stop glazing over and audience's eyes with wonkish speeches, but he has promise too.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 04:33:35 pm by Scottftlc »

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2016, 04:34:50 pm »
Not true. Only one vote is accepted. Go ahead, try it yourself. Try to cast more than one vote.

=======================

This poll is using the same technology that gopbriefingroom.com uses.

It registers your HARDWARE IP ADDRESS when you click on the web site.

This will be very difficult to understand for some.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2016, 04:36:17 pm »
These drudge polls always piss everybody here off. Got anymore?

REMEMBER he will IMPLODE at 80 %. The haters guarantee it. :silly:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2016, 04:37:22 pm »
We FINALLY have a choice of qualified candidates, FAR better than McCain or Romney, and you are dismissing them all because of your perception that Trump is a "winner."

Yes!   There are some superb GOP candidates this year,  the strongest field in years.  Last night's debate, without the Trump clownshow, showed that.  I'd say at least seven of the candidates are far more attractive to principled conservatives than either McCain or Romney.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2016, 06:00:23 pm »
All the Trump supporters reveal is how pathetic and needy they are.   The rest of us want to pick a President.   
Trump supporters = "pathetic and needy"  quoting your post

Dude, or Dudette: Calling Trump supporters names, after more names is NOT a winning tactic or strategy.

But apparently your mind and/or thinking are stuck on old failed ideas. You seem to reflect a belief that most voters refer to checklists, like those found on a certain conservative political website based in Fresno Calif.

Whoever gets the most checks on the list is automatically their favorite. Then they fail again to get the nomination, or to win the election.

Old thinking, guaranteed to lose again.

Or saying it differently

"......doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2016, 06:07:42 pm »
Dude, or Dudette: Calling Trump supporters names, after more names is NOT a winning tactic or strategy.

============================

How's that working out for Megyn Kelly and Rupert Murdoch?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2016, 07:29:32 pm »
I call losing in November from fielding yet another lack-luster candidate conceding the country to the enemy.

While it is patently untrue that he is not conservative "in any area at all," if it is one thing we know for certain, conservative ideology has not been a vote-getter in presidential elections in decades (and with the exception of Reagan, it has never been in all of modern history).  You need to seek something other than conservatism to be successful in a national election.

And for your edit: McCain yes, a handful are better...Romney no, by normal establishment Republican standards, Romney is both as accomplished and as capable a vote getter as what we have in the rest of the field.  Cruz and Rubio have potential in the future, Cruz,who I am quite drawn to, will be isolated as a rigid ideologue and crushed by it in the end.  Rubio needs age and seasoning, and he needs to stop glazing over and audience's eyes with wonkish speeches, but he has promise too.

It's not 'patently untrue' that he's not conservative in any area.  He's been on both sides of every key issue, but before he was running for President as a "Republican" he was on the WRONG side of those issues.  You choose to believe what he's saying now.  I choose to believe what he said before he wanted to be king.

Every other candidate running has at least one or two conservative ideologies, most a majority, Cruz, all, and they all have character far beyond Trump's.

Those of you who support Trump so vehemently are hanging all your hopes on your feeling that he is a "WINNER."  But he's not even a winner enough to get half of Republican primary voters, and the disdain that decent independents have for him, his sexism, his meanness, and a plethora of other bad qualities, is palpable.  He repulses most decent people.

None of us knows who can actually beat Hillary (or Bernie) in the end, but I'm not willing to sacrifice every single moral and conservative principle I have to vote for a man whom a small number of Republicans think is a "Winner."

There's too much at stake.

Like the Republic.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2016, 07:31:25 pm »
============================

How's that working out for Megyn Kelly and Rupert Murdoch?

Ummmmm............ they're doing fine.  Trump said UGLY things about Megyn, and she responded professionally.  Brava!

Name calling is not an adult thing to do.  And Trump does it every day.

His behavior is disgusting.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2016, 07:42:29 pm »
=======================

This poll is using the same technology that gopbriefingroom.com uses.

It registers your HARDWARE IP ADDRESS when you click on the web site.

This will be very difficult to understand for some.

Are you out of your mind?   Vote for your Trump, it shows the results. 

Refresh.  You can vote again.  Any bot machines working here?

How do YOU know it discounts any second votes?   

Regarding Drudge:  He's a whore and by the way ... who is bearding for whom? 

HAPPY2BME

LIVE TRENDING - Did Trump's Decision to Skip the Debate Pay Off?

66% SAY YES

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
**DRUDGE POLL** WHO IS YOUR REPUBLICAN PICK FOR PRESIDENT?

TRUMP  58.86%  (576,392 votes)

CRUZ  20.09%  (196,758 votes)

RUBIO  8.2%  (80,256 votes)

PAUL  5.46%  (53,489 votes)

KASICH  1.61%  (15,774 votes)

CARSON  1.53%  (14,946 votes)

CHRISTIE  1.3%  (12,704 votes)

FIORINA  1.19%  (11,672 votes)

BUSH  1.15%  (11,299 votes)

HUCKABEE  0.33%  (3,205 votes)

SANTORUM  0.28%  (2,748 votes)

Total Votes: 979,243

http://www.drudgereport.com/nowia.htm

Ouch!

Almost three times more than the next closest competitor.  If somebody is going to "break out" they had better hurry.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

LIVE TRENDING - Did Trump's Decision to Skip the Debate Pay Off?

66% SAY YES

Last evening was great.  When Trump's event was over, anyone watching it felt proud and energized--like something that had been thought to be forever gone was found.  It was a remarkable display of patriotism and leadership not seen in too many years.  Our Vets from Vietnam to Afghanistan were remembered and applauded.  And one candidate had the grace and the confidence to share the stage with two competitors--who in turn treated him with equal respect.

No two hours of parsing words, bantering with TV pundits, tearing apart policy votes can match what happened at and through the Trump event last night.

Simply put:  It's morning in American again. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2016, 08:43:00 pm »
Trump's up to 56% now.
Cruz 21%

No one else is even close.

Cruz has even stated, that if he could not stop Trump in Iowa, he may be unstoppable.  If these polls are correct, the spread  for Trump and Cruz is huge -- we are talking a 38 point spread.  No one even comes close to Cruz. Rubio is the closest with 12 points separating the two and 50 points away from Trump.

IF the polls numbers are wrong and Trump is defeated, it will be interesting to see how he reacts.  If he wins ... it will be interesting to see who stays in, if anyone.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2016, 08:49:34 pm »
Cruz has even stated, that if he could not stop Trump in Iowa, he may be unstoppable.  If these polls are correct, the spread  for Trump and Cruz is huge -- we are talking a 38 point spread.  No one even comes close to Cruz. Rubio is the closest with 12 points separating the two and 50 points away from Trump.

IF the polls numbers are wrong and Trump is defeated, it will be interesting to see how he reacts.  If he wins ... it will be interesting to see who stays in, if anyone.
Trump can afford to lose Iowa. Cruz cannot.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

Last evening was great.  When Trump's event was over, anyone watching it felt proud and energized--like something that had been thought to be forever gone was found.  It was a remarkable display of patriotism and leadership not seen in too many years.  Our Vets from Vietnam to Afghanistan were remembered and applauded.  And one candidate had the grace and the confidence to share the stage with two competitors--who in turn treated him with equal respect.

No two hours of parsing words, bantering with TV pundits, tearing apart policy votes can match what happened at and through the Trump event last night.

Simply put:  It's morning in American again.

Each new post exceeds your last in capturing the optimism Trump supporters are feeling for America's future.   :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Each new post exceeds your last in capturing the optimism Trump supporters are feeling for America's future.   :patriot:

I'm just glad I wasn't the only left feeling this way.  Folks I spoke with last night wanted to get in line to vote right then and there!

This transcends liberal, conservative, Republican, Democrat, Independent.  This election is about America, and she is ready to roll!   :laugh:

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

I truly WISH I could feel your optimism for Trump.  I cannot get behind a candidate who plainly stated that he needs to become more establishment.  I cannot get behind a candidate who Harry Reid approves of.  I cannot get behind a candidate who has been a registered DEM for years and has been 'buddies' with the Clintons.  I cannot get behind a candidate that does not know the ins and outs of running a government.  He has not done anything to prove what he says.  Big red flag for me. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.