Author Topic: Fiorina throws $3.5 million at Trump, Cruz to join debate  (Read 1438 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Fiorina throws $3.5 million at Trump, Cruz to join debate
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2016, 06:20:00 pm »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/01/28/donald-trump-wanted-vets-kicked-off-fifth-avenue.html

As a former business owner that paid out the whazoo to have a brick and mortar business in a downtown business location - I can understand what Trump is saying.  Trump is against street vendors setting up in front of his business and I'm sure the other businesses (who pay DEARLY to be located there) like Tiffany's feel the same way.  That's an upscale area and these street vendors are not welcome there.  He's not against disabled veterans - he's against street vendors.  The fact that many of them happen to be veterans has nothing to do with it.

I've had people try to set up business in front of my shop - DIDN'T LIKE IT.  Almost always, when I would call the City to report it - it would turn out that these people didn't have the proper licenses, weren't reporting their sales, etc.  This is not right for people that are playing by the rules. 

It's a business decision and this article was written by someone that actually was using veterans for political and idealogical exploitation. 

And I say again - if Ted and Carly care so much about veterans - why do they dangle their money with strings attached?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2016, 06:21:23 pm »
Exactly, Super PACs are being exposed to the light of day during this cycle.

Since my question down thread has been completely ignored I will address it directly to you.

Can YOU tell me EXACTLY what's wrong with super pacs?

After all they are just groups of people who have decided to pool their resources in order to make their political speech more effective! We could form one called the TBR pac if we wanted to!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2016, 06:21:30 pm »
QUESTION: Establishment Republicans fear Donald Trump despite his popularity among voters; why is that? Is it because he's a Trojan horse liberal, or is there something else? I consider myself an antiestablishment voter, so I find their hatred of the Donald to be very intriguing.

I think it's because he is a Trojan Horse...period.  He is an invader from outside the club.  Even Cruz is to some extent in the club because he is a professional politician.  Politics and government are professions now and they act like professions - they restrict outsiders and put up roadblocks that you have to negotiate in the proper way for entry.  All professions, business, technical, scientific, academic do this.  Politics is a profession now and Trump didn't go through the hurdles and roadblocks for entry and orderly movement up the professional ladder.  He barged in with his billions of dollars, marketing talent and celebrity and blew the doors off the profession's highest achievement...being a presidential candidate.  Those inside the profession see this as usurpation - it is akin in a really funny (and psychotically twisted!) way to illegals coming across the border on foot and getting amnesty when others faithfully followed the long process to enter under the legal requirements.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:24:57 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2016, 06:26:34 pm »
Since my question down thread has been completely ignored I will address it directly to you.

Can YOU tell me EXACTLY what's wrong with super pacs?

After all they are just groups of people who have decided to pool their resources in order to make their political speech more effective! We could form one called the TBR pac if we wanted to!

I heard about a white supremacist PAC group in the Mideast that was making robo-calls to ask people to vote for Trump.  He asked them to cease - but hey - they're a PAC, he's not allowed to have any contact with them.  WTH?

A perfect opportunity for one of a candidates foes to set up a PAC with the intention of smearing guilt by "association".  This is crazy!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2016, 06:29:58 pm »
I heard about a white supremacist PAC group in the Mideast that was making robo-calls to ask people to vote for Trump.  He asked them to cease - but hey - they're a PAC, he's not allowed to have any contact with them.  WTH?

A perfect opportunity for one of a candidates foes to set up a PAC with the intention of smearing guilt by "association".  This is crazy!

Why? Why is a group of people organizing themselves for the purpose of expressing their views more effectively crazy? Because you may not agree with some of the views they hold and express?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien