Author Topic: Fiorina throws $3.5 million at Trump, Cruz to join debate  (Read 1465 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fiorina throws $3.5 million at Trump, Cruz to join debate
« on: January 28, 2016, 05:03:18 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/fiorina-throws-3.5-million-at-trump-cruz-to-join-debate/article/2581653

Fiorina throws $3.5 million at Trump, Cruz to join debate
By Anna Giaritelli (@anna_giaritelli) • 1/28/16 8:11 AM

An hour after a Ted Cruz-supporting super political action committee announced it would give $1.5 million to any charity if Donald Trump met him for a one-on-one debate, fellow GOP candidate Carly Fiorina jumped in on the action.

Upping the ante, I'm free tomorrow at 8pm, @realDonaldTrump. My campaign will give $2mm to veterans' cause to debate at Drake U. (2/2)— Carly Fiorina (@CarlyFiorina) January 28, 2016

My campaign will also donate $1.5 million to veterans' cause to join debate Saturday in Sioux City, @tedcruz @realDonaldTrump (1/2)— Carly Fiorina (@CarlyFiorina) January 28, 2016

The former Hewlett Packard CEO tweeted late Thursday night that her campaign would match Keep the Promise's $1.5 million donation to a charitable cause if Cruz and Trump let her join their debate in Sioux City, proposed for Saturday.

Fiorina upped the ante by daring the Manhattan billionaire to take her on one-on-one at the Thursday night rally he announced in place of his attending the seventh GOP debate, hosted by Fox News. Her campaign said it would donate $2 million to veterans' organizations if Trump accepts.

It is unclear whether Fiorina, part of the undercard debate set for 6 p.m. Central time, would skip the debate or fulfill her obligations with the Republican National Committee before heading to Drake University — two miles away — to take on Trump.

Trump and Cruz are ranked first and second, respectively, in the Washington Examiner's presidential power rankings. Fiorina has slipped to eighth in recent months. The party's only female candidate gained national attention last summer and through the fall for her debate performances. A chance to meet with Trump on an event that may receive higher ratings than the Fox event could put Fiorina back in the spotlight days before the Iowa caucus.

Trump has not responded to Fiorina's two requests, but chided Cruz on Wednesday afternoon before his PAC offered a financial incentive.

Even though I beat him in the first six debates, especially the last one, Ted Cruz wants to debate me again. Can we do it in Canada?— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 27, 2016
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Fiorina throws $3.5 million at Trump, Cruz to join debate
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 05:09:27 pm »
Trump won't accept. He doesn't give a shit about veterans (so he perfectly matches the rest of the damned pack there) and he'd be a fool to do so.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

HAPPY2BME

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 05:18:01 pm »
Trump won't accept. He doesn't give a shit about veterans (so he perfectly matches the rest of the damned pack there) and he'd be a fool to do so.

I don't know what evidence you have to say Trump doesn't give a shit about veterans.  If Ted and Carly care so much about giving money to the cause - how come they have strings attached?

Just give the damn money!

« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:21:14 pm by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 05:23:14 pm »
I don't know what evidence you have to say Trump doesn't give a shit about veterans.  If Ted and Carly care so much about giving money to the cause - how come they have strings attached?

===================================

Some can speak out of their posterior extremity and make it sound just like it came out of their mouth.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2016, 05:26:38 pm »
Quote from: HAPPY2BME

Some can speak out of their posterior extremity and make it sound just like it came out of their mouth.

Trump supporters, of course, know and value that better than anyone. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2016, 05:28:58 pm »

The purpose is to get Donald the Coward to debate.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2016, 05:29:00 pm »
Shows you how much time on the podium with Trump is worth to these candidates.  Major chunk of change for a one off...but then we are talking Super PAC money here, makes Monopoly money look real and gives Bernie Sanders one Helluva good commercial sound bite.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 05:32:44 pm »
"The former Hewlett Packard CEO tweeted late Thursday night that..."

Sloppy journalism. Late Thursday night has not arrived yet.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:48:31 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 05:37:58 pm »
Shows you how much time on the podium with Trump is worth to these candidates.  Major chunk of change for a one off...but then we are talking Super PAC money here, makes Monopoly money look real and gives Bernie Sanders one Helluva good commercial sound bite.

Exactly, Super PACs are being exposed to the light of day during this cycle.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 05:43:46 pm »

I think it shows how much the other candidates are sick of his attacks and how much of a coward Trump is not willing to face them in person.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2016, 05:44:25 pm »
Exactly, Super PACs are being exposed to the light of day during this cycle.

And Trump is the only candidate running for president without a superPAC. Hmm.  :pondering:

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 05:49:01 pm »
I think it shows how much the other candidates are sick of his attacks and how much of a coward Trump is not willing to face them in person.

Methinks you might be a tad worked up and a wee bit obsessed.

...Bob Dylan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 05:49:12 pm »
Can anyone here tell me EXACTLY what's wrong with super pacs?

After all they are just groups of people who have decided to pool their resources in order to make their political speech more effective!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:18:35 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 05:50:21 pm »
If Cruz cares about veterans then he should donate that money regardless of Trump's decision.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 05:50:53 pm »

You do know that Donald Trump regularly makes himself available to hostile journalists, right?

George Stephanopoulos at ABC, Chris Cuomo at CNN. Donald Trump makes the rounds at NBC, MSMBC, CBS. He's there every week at these hostile morning and Sunday shows.

You've got to be kidding me! Donald Trump afraid of Megyn Kelly? I think not.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 05:51:36 pm »
And Trump is the only candidate running for president without a superPAC. Hmm.  :pondering:

Well, there is Bernie Sanders...and when people talk of throwing money like that around it just plays into his message to the young people and the huge cohort who are struggling mightily to meet ends in this economy.  Like it or not, his attack on the 1% sticks with a tremendous number of potential voters.  Hillary is finding this out to her chagrin.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:54:03 pm by Scottftlc »

...Bob Dylan

Offline Dexter

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 05:52:38 pm »
You do know that Donald Trump regularly makes himself available to hostile journalists, right?

George Stephanopoulos at ABC, Chris Cuomo at CNN. Donald Trump makes the rounds at NBC, MSMBC, CBS. He's there every week at these hostile morning and Sunday shows.

You've got to be kidding me! Donald Trump afraid of Megyn Kelly? I think not.

Donald Trump is making a tactical decision by not going to the debate. A lot of Republicans are angry at Fox and establishment politics. His rebelliousness will impress people. I think Trump's decision will ultimately be a good one for his campaign.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 05:53:08 pm by Dexter »
-Socrates

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 05:54:31 pm »

================================

ITS NOT ABOUT YOUR VOTE - ITS ABOUT YOUR MONEY - Campaign: Without Donald Trump, Advertisers Will Be Furious With Fox

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 05:55:43 pm »
Donald Trump is making a tactical decision by not going to the debate.

And there it is.  An opening was presented and taken.  Now the chips fall where they will.

...Bob Dylan

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 05:56:04 pm »

Nope, not in the least.  Nothing to really get excited about; the truth is the truth.  If what I think is going to happen comes to light; yes you will see me become more than a tad worked up.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 06:00:54 pm »

LOSING is never fun unless you are a Republican Conservative Establishment ! At least liberty fights and that is a start! :seeya:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:01:56 pm by Longiron »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2016, 06:09:19 pm »
Nope, not in the least.  Nothing to really get excited about; the truth is the truth.  If what I think is going to happen comes to light; yes you will see me become more than a tad worked up.

Truth can be a very hard thing to know in advance and life is a series of risks.  I remember being convinced in 2000 how important it was that George W Bush beat Al Gore, absolutely convinced that it was critical.  Looking back on it today, from years beyond the Bush presidency (a presidency I now believe was a complete failure and an absolute disaster of monumental proportions), I wonder why I was so worked up about it?  In the end it didn't really matter who won that election, they were both going to be a terrible president as it turned out.  So now I'm pretty convinced that getting worked up about it only hurts myself.

I'm sorry about the tone of that little snark comment I made...you don't deserve that Liberty, that was bad on my part.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Dexter

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 06:10:30 pm »
QUESTION: Establishment Republicans fear Donald Trump despite his popularity among voters; why is that? Is it because he's a Trojan horse liberal, or is there something else? I consider myself an antiestablishment voter, so I find their hatred of the Donald to be very intriguing.
-Socrates