Author Topic: Megyn Kelly Backfire Part II - Panic Time for FOX and GOP…. POLL: Without Trump 83% Say They WILL NOT Watch GOP Debate  (Read 2277 times)

HAPPY2BME

FOX News host Greta Van Susteren asked her conservative viewers if they will tune in to Thursday’s GOP debate now that Donald Trump has announced he will not participate.

83% of viewers said they WILL NOT watch the debate.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/poll-without-trump-83-say-they-will-skip-gop-debate/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Worthless internet poll! Totally meaningless!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

My Name Is Megyn Kelly, And I Am Fair And Balanced

HAPPY2BME

Worthless internet poll! Totally meaningless!

===============================

FOX News host Greta Van Susteren asked her conservative viewers

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
===============================

FOX News host Greta Van Susteren asked her conservative viewers

I could care less who she asked! It is still an internet poll and Gretta has no way of controlling who responds to it! NONE what-so-ever!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

I could care less who she asked! It is still an internet poll and Gretta has no way of controlling who responds to it! NONE what-so-ever!

=============================

The voters were HER audience.

So you are saying Democrats constantly lurk Greta so they can be ready at all times to POUNCE on her polls.

That is what you are saying.

Offline Carling

Seems obvious that nobody would want to watch it.  I'll have it on to see his Cruz does as he's now going to be the target of this GOPe trap.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

So you are saying Democrats constantly lurk Greta so they can be ready at all times to POUNCE on her polls.

Well, it could be that Trump supporters constantly watch Greta...

...which wouldn't look to good for Fox taking the positions they did earlier in the week in their nasty-gram messages...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline aligncare

My Name Is Megyn Kelly, And I Am Fair And Balanced

Consider this. Bret Baer and Chris Wallace are "hard news" guys. So, why was Megyn Kelly up there moderating a debate? She has an afternoon opinion show. She's not a "hard" news reporter.

It would be like having Hannity or Rush Limbaugh moderate a debate. Liberal Republicans watching a debate moderated by them might question their motives and their questioning of the candidates.

To answer my own question, I don't think there were nefarious reasons behind her presence on stage though. I think Fox wanted their signature sexy blonde on stage for crass ratings and the dollars that flow in.

Offline Longiron

So you want a skewed POLL. That can be arranged. :rolling:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
So you want a skewed POLL. That can be arranged. :rolling:

LOL!

They are ALL skewed! Except the ones you never get to see!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Seems obvious that nobody would want to watch it.  I'll have it on to see his Cruz does as he's now going to be the target of this GOPe trap.

That's what's being predicted. People will tune in for the first 5-10 minutes of the debate, just to hear what the candidates are saying about Trump. But after five minutes of listening to Jeb!, Kasich and the rest, they are expecting people to switch over to the Trump event.

Oh, the irony.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Seriously, if I were the other "outsider" candidates - Cruz, Carson, Fiorina - I would not agree to be in the debate either.  The loaded gotcha questions, the angry Muslim woman, the illegal questioner - these are all designed to push the establishment goals of open borders. 

There's nothing "fair and balanced" about this whole mess.  Fox's slimy sarcastic tweets about Trump and Putin right there should have disqualified them from hosting a debate. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

Seriously, if I were the other "outsider" candidates - Cruz, Carson, Fiorina - I would not agree to be in the debate either.  The loaded gotcha questions, the angry Muslim woman, the illegal questioner - these are all designed to push the establishment goals of open borders. 

There's nothing "fair and balanced" about this whole mess.  Fox's slimy sarcastic tweets about Trump and Putin right there should have disqualified them from hosting a debate.

By the way, Trump announced today there will be a couple of the other candidates at his town-hall! Rand Paul maybe? Any other guesses?

Remember, when Donald Trump announces something--he does it. So some of the other candidates will be there.

This Trump guy is amazing!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:12:51 pm by aligncare »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
By the way, Trump announced today there will be a couple of the other candidates at his town-hall! Rand Paul maybe? Any other guesses?

Remember, when Donald Trump announces something--he does it. So some of the other candidates will be there.

I thought Rand Paul was in the debate?  Santorum and Huckabee could use some air time...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline katzenjammer

I don't think that any of the remaining 7 candidates on the main stage will be dropping off to join Trump or anyone else.

At this point, they are all salivating on the chance to scramble for their piece of the 11-13 minutes of talk time that would have been Trump's, and the opportunity to take some shots at Trump without giving him a chance to respond.

Rumor has it that maybe Santy and/or Huck wander over (8 minute car ride) after their early round debate:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/27/other-candidates-may-join-donald-trump-away-from-debate/?_r=1

Offline aligncare

I don't think that any of the remaining 7 candidates on the main stage will be dropping off to join Trump or anyone else.

At this point, they are all salivating on the chance to scramble for their piece of the 11-13 minutes of talk time that would have been Trump's, and the opportunity to take some shots at Trump without giving him a chance to respond.

Rumor has it that maybe Santy and/or Huck wander over (8 minute car ride) after their early round debate:

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/27/other-candidates-may-join-donald-trump-away-from-debate/?_r=1

I'm not certain what's going to happen tonight – nobody really does. I did hear though to expect some big Hollywood names to join Donald Trump tonight. I would speculate Arnold Schwarzenegger, (Stallone is too close to an Oscar to show up--wouldn't want to piss them off back in Hollywood)

Offline katzenjammer

You're right, ac, just speculation at this point.  I have no doubt that there will be at least one or two surprise guests.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I said when all this started that Fox News played it very poorly.
I said at the time, Now, no matter what Trump does, he wins.

All Trump was saying is that he and Kelly have a history of mutual personal animosity and it would be unfair to him for her to moderate the debate. This is both factual and reasonable. Fox told him to 'sit down and shut up'. That did not sit well with the Don. Now, he is the cock of the walk.

With his event tonight, he has as much of the 'speaking time' as he wants. And he has created a 'spectacular' which is all about him. The whole debate itself is now all about Trump.

Now, let's say that Fox capitulates and replaces Kelly with someone else. Again, Trump wins. He has now set the parameters of the debate. So, he would go in with a clear advantage in terms of dominance and leadership. Not that he would do it anyway, at this point.

Trump is da-man. He has won this confrontation on so many levels. The biggest loser is Kelly. She went head to head with Trump and lost. That's gonna leave a mark.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I heard Rand Paul say "good riddance" to Trump being at the debate tonight, so I don't think he would want to make an appearance at Trump's rally. 

I have seen Huckabee making blatant overtures Trump's way to gain favor as a short-list VP pick.  I would guess that of any of the other candidates that Huckabee and/or Santorum would be the most likely to pop in.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline MBB1984

I said when all this started that Fox News played it very poorly.
I said at the time, Now, no matter what Trump does, he wins.

All Trump was saying is that he and Kelly have a history of mutual personal animosity and it would be unfair to him for her to moderate the debate. This is both factual and reasonable. Fox told him to 'sit down and shut up'. That did not sit well with the Don. Now, he is the cock of the walk.

With his event tonight, he has as much of the 'speaking time' as he wants. And he has created a 'spectacular' which is all about him. The whole debate itself is now all about Trump.

Now, let's say that Fox capitulates and replaces Kelly with someone else. Again, Trump wins. He has now set the parameters of the debate. So, he would go in with a clear advantage in terms of dominance and leadership. Not that he would do it anyway, at this point.

Trump is da-man. He has won this confrontation on so many levels. The biggest loser is Kelly. She went head to head with Trump and lost. That's gonna leave a mark.

Fox played this unusually poorly for a brand that is self described as "fair and balanced."  The press release was completely unprofessional. Ailes has made this a WWE event instead of true and fair debate.   Trump gets more exposure and looks strong in walking away from Fox.   

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm not certain what's going to happen tonight – nobody really does. I did hear though to expect some big Hollywood names to join Donald Trump tonight. I would speculate Arnold Schwarzenegger, (Stallone is too close to an Oscar to show up--wouldn't want to piss them off back in Hollywood)

Hollywood liberals; how appropriate for Trump.  No,no one really know what will happen tonight; perhaps Trump will announce his 3rd party run.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hollywood liberals; how appropriate for Trump.  No,no one really know what will happen tonight; perhaps Trump will announce his 3rd party run.

Maybe even a 4th Party run,when you consider he seems to think he is going to be the President of Mexico,and will be able to spend their money.

The Trumpheteers are going to vote for him regardless of what he says or does because most are little more than fan bois and gurls at this time. Reality is not even a concept they can relate to any more.

I don't know why anybody watches any of the debates anymore. You can always watch them on video the next day and fast forward past all the commercials and the stuff candidates you were never going to vote for anyway,and see what your top two picks had to say and save yourself a ton of time.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Have you ever heard of FReeping? Internet polls are notoriously easy to game.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers