Author Topic: Donald Trump is wrecking the conservative movement: How the billionaire is exposing its most toxic secret  (Read 1214 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Duke,the tile is wrong. There ain't no such critter as "Big Government Conservatism".

Unfortunately, I know you didn't sleep through the Bush II years, though I could certainly understand why people might have wanted to. ;)

Those are polite code words for "Fascism",which is the adult brother of the child known as "Communism".

By the way, you cited the subtitle. The title was quite accurate. Give Leviathan on the Right a read one of these days. It stays on one of my most accessible book shelves in my home office. But what the substitle could be called more accurately is code for collectivism. And, anyway, I always thought fascism was Communism's more roughhousing kid brother. ;)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
They also had for long enough a Republican Congress who went batsh@t nuts spending like it was going out of style

That's because Boy Jorge and the Bush Crime Family were taking their marching orders from Saudi Arabia.

The final time I was kicked off of FR was for ranting and raving about this to the Bush-Bots,and reminding them all they were being lied to and fools for blindly believing the lies to get us to go to war with Iraq because Saddam Hussein and Iraq were our allies,and single-handedly responsible for the deaths of more fundie Muslims than every other nation and leader in the world combined.

Iraq was never a danger to the US,and never a danger to Israel. They WERE a danger to the Saud Royal Family though,but the Sauds and Hussein both shared the same vision of becoming the King of a united Arabia.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
By the way, you cited the subtitle. The title was quite accurate. Give Leviathan on the Right a read one of these days. It stays on one of my most accessible book shelves in my home office. But what the substitle could be called more accurately is code for collectivism. And, anyway, I always thought fascism was Communism's more roughhousing kid brother. ;)

My apologies. You are right about that.

Nah,fascists are what communists become once they grow up. Fascism shares the police state values of communism,but people have a little more freedom,and most of all,the leadership can flaunt their wealth without being hanged because suddenly wealth is a good thing.

Even in the USSR the ruling class pretty much hid their wealth and privilege by government dicatates. For example,you had to have permission to live in Moscow. That meant it was almost all loyal party members with their own privileges that lived there, and they didn't bitch about the special highway lanes on politburo members could ride on. Even then their dachas were all close to town,and it took special permission for them to travel more than x miles out of Moscow. They couldn't even buy bus tickets that took them past the huge villas the leadership kept out in the country as dachas.

Fascists not only don't hide their wealth and power,they flaunt it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!