Author Topic: Trump to Megyn Kelly in 2011: You’ve “Done a Great Job” Moderating Debates, People who Skip Debates are Cowards  (Read 690 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://iotwreport.com/trump-to-megyn-kelly-in-2011-youve-done-a-great-job-moderating-debates-people-who-skip-debates-are-cowards/

“Do you really think that you’re a better moderator than I am?” Kelly asked him. “No, I could never beat you,” Mr. Trump responded. “I wouldn’t even be close. It would be no contest. You have done a great job, by the way and I mean it.”

On candidates not attending a debate that Mr. Trump might moderate because of his tough questions, he responded, “We’re not seeing a lot of courage here, are we? Not lots of courage. You know, these Republicans, they’re supposed to be brave.” Mr. Trump added that someone missing a debate would “probably” change his opinion of them.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm confused, I thought The Don never heard of Megyn before he was running; no one heard of her until he made her famous last year?

HAPPY2BME

http://iotwreport.com/trump-to-megyn-kelly-in-2011-youve-done-a-great-job-moderating-debates-people-who-skip-debates-are-cowards/

==================================

Both the article and the reported statements from Trump are likely true - five years ago.

From the source blog:

People often do change their minds. That’s still allowed, right? Most people on here used to like Glen Beck too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

People often do change their minds. That’s still allowed, right?

Does Trump get to change his mind on everything?

HAPPY2BME

Does Trump get to change his mind on everything?

============================

No, not everything.

He is also causing tons of problems for the GOPe by changing millions of minds on who they are going to be voting for this November.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

============================

No, not everything.

He is also causing tons of problems for the GOPe by changing millions of minds on who they are going to be voting for this November.

No doubt.  I always suspected Trump's main motivation was to destroy the GOP and elect Hitlery.  His sabotaging the last debate before Iowa pretty much clinches it for lots of Republicans.  Enjoy the final chapter of the history of the conservative movement.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 07:37:24 am by Once-Ler »

HAPPY2BME

No doubt.  I always suspected Trump's main motivation was to destroy the GOP and elect Hitlery.  His sabotaging the last debate before Iowa pretty much clinches it for lots of Republicans.  Enjoy the final chapter of the history of the conservative movement.

==============================

What you are saying here is that the total combined strength and stability of 'the entire conservative movement' is being single-handedly destroyed by ONE POLITICAL ATTACK from ONE MAN is incredulous.  That would mean that the Republican Party has become so anemic - so utterly weak and defenseless it had nothing left - no will to live - that the attack was just too powerful to overcome.

But that is what you said.