Author Topic: BACKFIRE BEGINS - TRUMP'S DISSING MEGYN KELLY ISN'T BRINGING HIM DOWN - University of Iowa Football Team Endorses Donald Trump: ‘What a Team!’  (Read 5557 times)

HAPPY2BME

Your point being?

I had read that, not that I particularly care who shows it. I was answering the question "Why CNN."

====================================

Are you serious?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

HAPPY2BME

Yes. Totally.

OK then.  Let me run this down real quick for you.

The Republican Party is completely infested with corrupt, career politicians who could care less if you drop dead, just as long as you continue to vote for them.

They are so bad in fact, that there is now a revolution within not just the Republican Party (thank god), but more importantly within the rank and file of tens of million desperate working-class American outside the GOP that are completely fed up to the point that they simply are not going to accept, trust, or vote for another lying scumbag career Republican.

So desperate in fact, that they are actually going to put their faith and trust into someone who has never held a public office, and that right there is one of the single-most qualifiers.

Breaking this stranglehold of diseased political malfeasance has been a long time coming.

Offline aligncare

OK then.  Let me run this down real quick for you.

The Republican Party is completely infested with corrupt, career politicians who could care less if you drop dead, just as long as you continue to vote for them.

They are so bad in fact, that there is now a revolution within not just the Republican Party (thank god), but more importantly within the rank and file of tens of million desperate working-class American outside the GOP that are completely fed up to the point that they simply are not going to accept, trust, or vote for another lying scumbag career Republican.

So desperate in fact, that they are actually going to put their faith and trust into someone who has never held a public office, and that right there is one of the single-most qualifiers.

Breaking this stranglehold of diseased political malfeasance has been a long time coming.

Good post. Yes, tear it all down, YES. With a house in such decay and disrepair, it's best to tear it down to the foundation and start over. This time, a fresh coat of paint just won't do it.

Donald Trump is that wrecking ball. He can not only bring in conservative and evangelical republicans and disaffected moderate republicans, but also disaffected democrats, many of them Reagan Democrats and union workers, especially blacks and Latinos after years of Obama talk and no action on jobs or better pay.

Donald Trump is not just running for president. He's running to lead a political movement.

Offline Longiron

Surprise Trump admits Failure! This will soon be Breaking News: He had the Wrestling team up on stage also and one guy had a bad foot on crutches and Trump asked the other team members so if Trump could take him? Response no way Mr. Trump you would not have a chance! Trump agreeded! :silly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Your point being?

I had read that, not that I particularly care who shows it. I was answering the question "Why CNN."

You can't walk into any doctor's office, or auto repair shop where CNN isn't playing on the screen.....that's why. :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You can't walk into any doctor's office, or auto repair shop where CNN isn't playing on the screen.....that's why. :laugh:

:beer:

They ARE the town bike of the 24 hour news world, aren't they.  :laugh:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Good post. Yes, tear it all down, YES. With a house in such decay and disrepair, it's best to tear it down to the foundation and start over. This time, a fresh coat of paint just won't do it.

Donald Trump is that wrecking ball. He can not only bring in conservative and evangelical republicans and disaffected moderate republicans, but also disaffected democrats, many of them Reagan Democrats and union workers, especially blacks and Latinos after years of Obama talk and no action on jobs or better pay.

Donald Trump is not just running for president. He's running to lead a political movement.

Yes indeed. These last few post really sum it all up very well. I will throw-in with the burn it down meme.

Almost every major Republican has discussed things like abolishing the IRS, abolishing the EPA, abolishing the NEA and the SEIU, et al. However, it was a carrot on a stick. As we know now, they never had ANY real intention of doing any of that. Not even a single one. Nothing. In fact, these bureaucracies always wind up getting bigger and bigger each year.

From a strict point of view, these organizations are not only illegal, they are prohibited by the founding fathers. No unelected bureaucrat should have the power to make law. And yet they do it every day. Congress is supposed to create law by vote. However, Congress is feckless and corrupt and they want to do dirty corrupt things without having to be associated with them. This is where the bureaucrats come in handy. Congress has deliberately and 'illegally' ceded power to faceless bureaucrats to implement corrupt policies that benefit them personally and directly. Then they hold their hands up and say, Hey, it wasn't us. They did it. It is all a rigged shell game. And they know it. And they like it that way. That is why none of these organizations are going to go away. It will simply never happen.

However, enter Trump. Trump is the guy who do these major reforms that we have been teased with for decades. Trump would 'burn it down'. He has moxie to do it. And he would do it quickly. He doesn't procrastinate. He is a doer. This is exactly what has the D.C. rats crapping themselves and running about hysterical.   

Trump represents the exact opposite of everything Washington is. Politicians love studies, and surveys, and sampling, etc. But never do anything. They hate action. The want everything the stay the same forever. Trump scares them to death.

And so many people in America HATE Washington D.C. and politicians, that they would vote for Trump only because the establishment does not want them to. Anything that scares them this much must be, by definition, a good thing.

When is a vote for Trump not a vote for Trump? When it is a vote to tear up Washington D.C.

Burn it down, baby, tear it all down. Let it burn.

P.S.
That is the mistake they keep making. That is the source of their confusion. Every time they criticize Trump, his numbers go up. It is a waste of time to focus on Trump, the man. Because what Trump represents is bigger than Trump. Trump is not a 'politician'.

Trump is a 'movement'. The Trump movement is what people are voting for, not the man.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:47:18 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

Yes indeed. These last few post really sum it all up very well. I will throw-in with the burn it down meme.

Almost every major Republican has discussed things like abolishing the IRS, abolishing the EPA, abolishing the NEA and the SEIU, et al. However, it was a carrot on a stick. As we know now, they never had ANY real intention of doing any of that. Not even a single one. Nothing. In fact, these bureaucracies always wind up getting bigger and bigger each year.

From a strict point of view, these organizations are not only illegal, they are prohibited by the founding fathers. No unelected bureaucrat should have the power to make law. And yet they do it every day. Congress is supposed to create law by vote. However, Congress is feckless and corrupt and they want to do dirty corrupt things without having to be associated with them. This is where the bureaucrats come in handy. Congress has deliberately and 'illegally' ceded power to faceless bureaucrats to implement corrupt policies that benefit them personally and directly. Then they hold their hands up and say, Hey, it wasn't us. They did it. It is all a rigged shell game. And they know it. And they like it that way. That is why none of these organizations are going to go away. It will simply never happen.

However, enter Trump. Trump is the guy who do these major reforms that we have been teased with for decades. Trump would 'burn it down'. He has moxie to do it. And he would do it quickly. He doesn't procrastinate. He is a doer. This is exactly what has the D.C. rats crapping themselves and running about hysterical.   

Trump represents the exact opposite of everything Washington is. Politicians love studies, and surveys, and sampling, etc. But never do anything. They hate action. The want everything the stay the same forever. Trump scares them to death.

And so many people in America HATE Washington D.C. and politicians, that they would vote for Trump only because the establishment does not want them to. Anything that scares them this much must be, by definition, a good thing.

When is a vote for Trump not a vote for Trump? When it is a vote to tear up Washington D.C.

P.S.
That is the mistake they keep making. That is the source of their confusion. Every time they criticize Trump, his numbers go up. It is a waste of time to focus on Trump, the man. Because what Trump represents is bigger than Trump. Trump is not a 'politician'.

Trump is a 'movement'. The Trump movement is what people are voting for, not the man.

I don't know where to begin. You hit so many salient points in just a few paragraphs. But, I'll settle to say this.

Donald Trump is not afraid to make mistakes. Others here have used batting analogies, but it comes down to to this: if you haven't failed in business or in personal, baby you're not trying. The objective is to pileup more good decisions than bad, more wins than losses, more doing and less talking.

And before the critics jump in here to blast the scary Trumpman away, Trump talks a few direct, simple sentences. And speaks like real people. You want to hear talk? Listen to some lawyer/politicians talk: Ted Cruz, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, John Kasich. They find six different ways to bloviate and debate and after 20 minutes you're asking yourself (what was that he said?).

That's why so many people from across the spectrum are supporting Donald J Trump.

Offline Relic

If everyone in the room sees the glass half full, and you see that it's clearly half empty. Who's crazy, you or them?

Yes.

HonestJohn

The idea of 'tearing it all down' is the quintessence of nihilism.

Offline GAJohnnie

And the inability to see a failed political system that needs significant reform is the quintessence of Avoidance

Offline aligncare

And the inability to see a failed political system that needs significant reform is the quintessence of Avoidance

Some people fail to see that "tear it down" is an ironic phrase, as much a metaphor as it is a call to disrupt the (political) status quo and cause positive changes as the constitution provides.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:35:17 pm by aligncare »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

I don't really get the point of the statement.

There are thousands of bureaucracies in D.C. wielding way much more power than they should ever have. I know it is probably no more than a dream, but the first step in gaining back control over the government is to eliminate most of these unaccountable bureaucracies and put the responsibility for 'governance' back in Congress where it was always intended to be.

When the foundation of a structure is damaged, it cannot be repaired. Little tweaks and corrections cannot fix it. I would say the the foundation of Washington D.C. is corrupted. The only way that I can see to fix it, or even to somewhat 'normalize' it, is to start over with a major overhaul. That is what is needed today in American government. Maybe Trump will do it, maybe he won't. But it is an absolute certainty that with someone like Bush or Rubio, everything will stay exactly the same as it always has been and nothing will change. Trump is a risk. There are a lot of unknowns with him. But, with Trump, at least there is a chance for real reform and real change. It is a risk worth taking.

The situation in D.C. as it is today, is ridiculous and getting worse with each passing year. And no one on the inside is ever going to do anything about it. They like it just like it is.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

There are thousands of bureaucracies in D.C. wielding way much more power than they should ever have. I know it is probably no more than a dream, but the first step in gaining back control over the government is to eliminate most of these unaccountable bureaucracies and put the responsibility for 'governance' back in Congress where it was always intended to be.

When the foundation of a structure is damaged, it cannot be repaired. Little tweaks and corrections cannot fix it. I would say the the foundation of Washington D.C. is corrupted. The only way that I can see to fix it, or even to somewhat 'normalize' it, is to start over with a major overhaul. That is what is needed today in American government. Maybe Trump will do it, maybe he won't. But it is an absolute certainty that with someone like Bush or Rubio, everything will stay exactly the same as it always has been and nothing will change. Trump is a risk. There are a lot of unknowns with him. But, with Trump, at least there is a chance for real reform and real change. It is a risk worth taking.

The situation in D.C. as it is today, is ridiculous and getting worse with each passing year. And no one on the inside is ever going to do anything about it. They like it just like it is.

B R A V O ! ! !   Spot on!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Bravo to all that. Except this bit:

... the first step in gaining back control over the government is to eliminate most of these unaccountable bureaucracies and put the responsibility for 'governance' back in Congress where it was always intended to be.

Flick that to "put the responsibility and accountability for 'governance' back in Congress and the States where it was always intended to be." and it's A+, as far as I'm concerned.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Flick that to "put the responsibility and accountability for 'governance' back in Congress and the States where it was always intended to be." and it's A+, as far as I'm concerned.

:amen: about 75% of what the federal government currently does is UNCONSTITUTIONAL!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Thank You for that.
Accountability is implied with responsibility IMO.

The addition of State government is 100% accurate and appropriate. Because, since these bureaucracies are unelected and unaccountable, they frequently usurp the power of State governments. And there is very little recourse to stop them, because they work more or less independently outside of what is considered normal government. That is precisely why they are illegal. Good luck trying to find a judge who would ever do anything about it. The judicial branch has become just as corrupt as the legislative is.

The original intent of 'checks and balances' is all but gone. The three branches have sort of merged into a monolithic government. For the most part, they all act in concert with each other for political gain. I don't see anybody 'checking' anything or anybody in Washington D.C.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Good edit, I agree!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

Yeah, 240 usually nails it. The scoundrel took me for 100 bucks! (although, that remains to be seen tonight)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Yeah, 240 usually nails it. The scoundrel took me for 100 bucks! (although, that remains to be seen tonight)

Lot of smart people here - and 240 is one of the top of them, in my book.

Should post more.

For real people, responsibility does imply accountability. This is the Feds though, so spelling it out is safer.  :tongue2:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:16:42 pm by EC »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Lot of smart people here - and 240 is one of the top of them, in my book.

Should post more.

Well, thank you all. No can do on the 'post more' situation. In fact, I expect to have to stop posting any day now. I have to go away for a while and will not be able to post. Well, maybe a little, infrequently.

I'm only here today because I called in sick. I did something very stupid yesterday. I was trying a new drink called 'Earthquake'. It is a beer drink but has 10% alcohol content. I was not used to it and drank way too many of them, because I stupidly thought that, "hey, it's only beer and I drink beer all the time. So, bottoms up!" I was wrong. That stuff kicked my butt.

I was amazed at how drunk they made me, and got a rude surprise with a 4 alarm hangover when I woke up this morning. Lesson learned. Moderation is key. No more Earthquake for me. Or, at least, no more than one or two of them.

But, nobody got hurt, I'm not in jail, and I'll be to work tomorrow. So, all is well.

Thank you all for your comments. I really enjoy this site and you all, very much.

HonestJohn

Now that I've gotten you to think about it, you don't want to tear it all down... but prune the existing government back to size.

But that wasn't what you were saying before I interjected.  You were like Sampson, calling to pull down the pillars and destroy our government for its corruption.

---

When I read this, I see someone saying that our entire government, from its originating documents... to its structure... to the people within it... as needing to 'burn'.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 04:31:29 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Now that I've gotten you to think about it, you don't want to tear it all down... but prune the existing government back to size.

But that wasn't what you were saying before I interjected.  You were like Sampson, calling to pull down the pillars and destroy our government for its corruption.

---

When I read this, I see someone saying that our entire government, from its originating documents... to its structure... to the people within it... as needing to 'burn'.

It was my intent to convey that sentiment. It was a hyperbolic expression of rage. The phrase itself is from the civil rights movement in the sixties.

But No. I never meant to give anyone the impression that I want to set anything on fire. It is only an expression not to be taken literally.