Author Topic: Michelle Obama on young Barack: 'He was a bum'  (Read 2766 times)

Online mountaineer

Michelle Obama on young Barack: 'He was a bum'
« on: January 27, 2016, 03:15:00 pm »
Michelle Obama on young Barack: 'He was a bum'
By Kevin Liptak, CNN White House Producer
Jan. 26, 2016

Washington (CNN)   President Barack Obama has always been candid about his youthful transgressions -- a history his wife referenced Tuesday when explaining anyone can become a high achiever.

"Barack fooled around in high school," the first lady said on the BET talk-show "The Real" during a session focused on higher education.

"He didn't take school seriously in high school. He barely got his work done. He was a bum! And it took him a second. He had to grow up a little bit," she said.

Michelle Obama said her husband didn't become serious about his education until he transferred to Columbia University during his second year of college.

Later, asked about any advice she'd give parents of college-bound kids, Michelle Obama offered a similarly blunt response.

"When they get to be 17, you'll be like 'Bye Felicia!'" she said to laughter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Re: Michelle Obama on young Barack: 'He was a bum'
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 03:16:24 pm »
Michelle Obama Says Barack Was 'a Bum' in High School
Tony Maccio
January 26, 2016
Yahoo

First lady Michelle Obama had a special sit-down interview with the ladies of The Real. When asked about her husband, Mrs. Obama was candid regarding the president’s early years. Apparently, he wasn’t a model citizen in his youth. “You know, and it took him a second,” she explained. “’Cause, you know, he had to grow up a little bit.”

The first lady expanded on some of the factors in Barack’s process of self-discovery. “He wasn’t raised with his father, so he was going through some stuff, had to figure himself out as a man,” she said. “Which is one of the reasons he talks to young men about this stuff.” She left the audience and the hosts of The Real with a motivational anecdote, saying, “It is never too late. The president of the United States screwed around in high school, and he still got his act together.”

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 03:34:46 pm »
 I guess the Legend in his own mind and an out-of-work bum look a lot a like.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 03:37:55 pm »
Michelle Obama Says Barack Was 'a Bum' in High School

Give him points for lifelong consistency on that one then!   :thud:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 03:39:49 pm »
The obvious response is that, he hasn't changed one iota, has he?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 04:04:24 pm »
Michelle Obama said her husband didn't become serious about his education until he transferred to Columbia University during his second year of college.
So he supposedly began his college education at Occidental but, according to the Mooch, still was a bum and not serious about education - so how did he get into such a prestigious (*cough*) university as Columbia? If he was a bum and not serious in high school (well, serious about weed), how did he supposedly get into Occidental? 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 05:40:12 pm »
Was?
The Republic is lost.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 05:48:13 pm »
So he supposedly began his college education at Occidental but, according to the Mooch, still was a bum and not serious about education - so how did he get into such a prestigious (*cough*) university as Columbia? If he was a bum and not serious in high school (well, serious about weed), how did he supposedly get into Occidental?

Probably as an affirmative action foreign student.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 06:43:26 pm »
Probably as an affirmative action foreign student.

Yeah, still way too many questions on that topic.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 06:47:05 pm »
No records whatsoever to confirm he ever was enrolled at Occidental or Columbia. Obama! Mmm, mmm, mmm.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 06:51:02 pm »
No records whatsoever to confirm he ever was enrolled at Occidental or Columbia. Obama! Mmm, mmm, mmm.

Hope and change!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 06:55:58 pm »

I guess you can get into Harvard without a college education if you're a "clean, articulate black man" with no discernible "Negro dialect."

(Melding two stellar non-racist Dem's evaluation of Barry).

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 07:01:34 pm »
I guess you can get into Harvard without a college education if you're a "clean, articulate black man" with no discernible "Negro dialect."

My personal experience tells me that all you need to get into almost any university these days is to be a foreign student with LOTS of money.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:03:03 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 07:04:25 pm »
My personal experience tells me that all you need to get into almost any university these days is to:

1. Be a foreign student

2. have LOTS of money

2. have LOTS of money

2. have LOTS of money a rich 'Pock'astani's money

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 07:13:21 pm »
Considering Mooch didn't meet B. Hussein until long after his Harvard days, it's interesting that she can tell us what a (dope-smoking) bum he was in high school.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 07:18:09 pm »
Considering Mooch didn't meet B. Hussein until long after his Harvard days, it's interesting that she can tell us what a (dope-smoking) bum he was in high school.

Yes, it's called "fitting the narrative".  Perfectly appropriate for people who live in fantasy land.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2016, 07:21:41 pm »
Considering the work he does for what he gets, and the perks he and the Wookie abuse, he still is.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2016, 07:28:25 pm »
2. have LOTS of money a rich 'Pock'astani's money

Yep. Like William Jefferson Clinton, BHO seemed to do alot of fellow traveling that required a great deal of money that neither had at a young age.
The Republic is lost.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2016, 07:36:04 pm »
Yep. Like William Jefferson Clinton, BHO seemed to do alot of fellow traveling that required a great deal of money that neither had at a young age.

:thumbsup:

Offline flowers

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2016, 08:24:30 pm »
It is amazing how she always disses him in public. Must be a fun couple behind closed doors.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2016, 08:26:22 pm »
It is amazing how she always disses him in public. Must be a fun couple behind closed doors.
I wonder if there's any interaction whatsoever behind closed doors. Separate lives in a marriage of convenience ... just like the Clintons.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2016, 08:27:41 pm »
I wonder if there's any interaction whatsoever behind closed doors. Separate lives in a marriage of convenience ... just like the Clintons.

Yep.   That's how I see it.

He uses her to get ahead.  She uses him to get ahead.

Other than that, they have nothing to do with each other.

Offline Carling

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2016, 10:17:24 pm »

It also helps when the man who molested him, Frank Marshall Davis, was an avowed Communist, and Barry's Commie dad also attended Harvard.

Wayne Allen Root's article from a few years ago is always a good read on the mystery of Barry at Columbia.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/barack-obama-the-ghost-of-columbia-university/

I just returned from New York, where I attended my 30th Columbia University reunion. I celebrated with my esteemed classmates. Everyone except Barack Obama. As usual- he wasn’t there. Not even a video greeting. Not a personalized letter to his classmates. Nothing. But worse, no one at our 30th reunion ever met him. The President of the United States is the ghost of Columbia University.

I’m certainly no “Johnny come lately.” For five years now (since 2007 when it became clear Barack Obama was running for President), I’ve been quoted in the media as saying that no one I’ve ever met at Columbia can remember ever meeting, or even seeing, our college classmate Barack Obama. Don’t you think the media should be asking questions? Isn’t this a very strange story?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2016, 10:53:26 pm »
It also helps when the man who molested him, Frank Marshall Davis, was an avowed Communist, and Barry's Commie dad also attended Harvard.

Wayne Allen Root's article from a few years ago is always a good read on the mystery of Barry at Columbia.

http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/barack-obama-the-ghost-of-columbia-university/

Yeah......... Barry the invisible student.

I just wish he were an invisible President.......

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2016, 12:39:24 am »

I know....this was my first reaction, too!