Author Topic: Trump Won't do Debate  (Read 16426 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Trump Won't do Debate
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2016, 02:25:06 am »
There isn't anything funny about Trump anymore.  As time goes on it is becoming more apparent how pathetic he really is.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2016, 02:29:48 am »
They're quite up front about their debate prep.  There's no issue here.

And no matter how much you hate FOX, they're clearly more objective toward ALL the candidates than any of the leftist networks.

Again..........there's no issue here.

============================

If you watched the previous six debates, and if there was not an issue in what and how the questions being asked of Donald Trump or any difference between him and the other candidates, why is it that Donald Trump took up more time answering questions than all the other candidates?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2016, 02:30:51 am »
There isn't anything funny about Trump anymore.  As time goes on it is becoming more apparent how pathetic he really is.

===========================

If he is so pathetic, then why is he winning all the polls hands down, and by wide margins?

Offline Carling

« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2016, 02:36:59 am »
Megyn Kelly is yukking it up with Michael Moore on her show right now.

Tells me all I need to know about her.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2016, 02:38:11 am »
Donald Trump will not participate in GOP debate Thursday

DES MOINES, Iowa --
Republican Donald Trump on Tuesday bowed out of the final Republican presidential debate before the leadoff Iowa caucuses, saying Fox News moderator Megyn Kelly is "a lightweight."

With 48 hours to go before the faceoff, campaign manager Corey Lewandowski confirmed Trump's decision Tuesday evening after a press conference in which Trump lashed out at Kelly and said she'd been "toying" with him.

"He will not be participating in the Fox News debate Thursday," Lewandowski said immediately after the press conference.

Trump, who called his decision "pretty close to irrevocable" in the press conference, said he'd hold an Iowa event at the same time as the debate to raise money for wounded veterans. Iowa hosts the nation's opening presidential primary contest on Monday.

"With me, they're dealing with somebody that's a little bit different. They can't toy with me like they toy with everybody else," he said. "Let them have their debate and let's see how they do with the ratings."

He added, "Why do I have to make Fox rich?"

The Republican National Committee said the decision was up to Trump.

"Obviously we would love all of the candidates to participate but each campaign ultimately makes their own decision what's it their best interest," said RNC chief strategist Sean Spicer.

Trump had suggested he might skip the Fox debate earlier in the day, drawing a sarcastic statement from the television network that "the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president."

"A nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings," the Fox statement said.

A Fox spokesman did not immediately respond to Trump's decision.

The New York real estate mogul's presence has helped produce massive ratings in the previous six Republican presidential debates. His decision leaves seven candidates to share the primetime stage on Thursday: Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.

"Let them have their debate. I'm going to raise money during that period of time for the wounded warriors and for the vets. Let Fox play its games," Trump said.

He added, "I don't' think Iowa's gonna care."

At the very least, the high-profile debate feud serves as a major distraction in the Republican contest just six days before Iowa voters cast the first votes in the 2016 primary contest.

Trump, now locked in a tight race with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, has proven to be a master of commanding media attention at key moments. Among other things, he has previously called for a temporary ban on all Muslim immigrants and later questioned Cruz's presidential eligibility given that he was born in Canada.

The provocative declarations have often left little oxygen in the race for his opponents to surge.

http://abc7ny.com/politics/donald-trump-will-not-participate-in-gop-debate-thursday/1175044/

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2016, 02:50:18 am »

Indeed.  Pathetic is a very appropriate word.

Hard core supporters don't care what he says or does, but the majority of Americans are not in that category.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:50:55 am by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2016, 02:52:34 am »
Indeed.  Pathetic is a very appropriate word.

Hard core supporters don't care what he says or does, but the majority of Americans are not in that category.

==================================

'Majority' is the key word here, isn't it?

Trump is winning the 'majority' in every single poll.

Do these numbers lie?

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2016, 03:00:25 am »
How can we confuse this discourse as anything remotely serious?  How?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2016, 03:02:16 am »
If anyone would like to take an honest assessment of the situation with Megan Kelly and FNC vs. Don Trump, then the entire context of the situation subsequent to August 6, 2015 must be considered.

In fact, one could make a case that the RNC would have more justification in demanding that FNC remove Kelly as a moderator, than they did in having National Review removed for their infamous "Against Trump" issue.

Why?

Well, to answer this I must depend on the honesty of the reader.  I have no media watchdog service that can provide me with the quantitative data on the 9PM FNC Kelly File program for the weeks after August 6, 2015 to the present.  That is, stats that display:
- minutes of total coverage per show
- minutes of negative coverage per show
- minutes of positive/neutral coverage per show

I can only relate to you what I have seen.  As I mentioned in another post here recently, for several weeks (going into months) after the 8/6 FNC debate, 3-5 shows of the Kelly File each week opened with either Ms. Kelly alone, or with a clearly anti-Trump panel, attempting to hype the most recent "bad news about Donald Trump."  The segments (some times extending beyond the A block into the B block) varied in their "intensity" and bias.

As I said, I don't have the stats (nor am I am willing to spend the time searching Youtube for a collection of all of the opening segments).  I have to depend on the honest recollection of any one reading this post, that is a regular Kelly File viewer (I know that there are some of you out there!).

So, if one takes an honest assessment, the dozens of hours of "Trump bashing" on that national cable news show, with week after of week of the highest viewing totals, was certainly evidence of a continued pattern of bias, far beyond the single NR issue to a much smaller subscriber base.  It is disingenuous to imply that the sole reason Trump did not want an unbiased moderator in the person of Ms. Kelly was because of the opening question(s) of the 8/6 debate, or any subsequent Tweets from both parties.  There is far more than most are willing to admit, or most media reports will characterize.

If you don't watch the Kelly File, you will not be able to relate to this observation.  If you do watch the program regularly, you will know that my observations are correct, even if you don't wish to acknowledge it here!   :smokin:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2016, 03:03:25 am »
Megyn Kelly is yukking it up with Michael Moore on her show right now.

Tells me all I need to know about her.

You should have seen her interview with the heroes of Benghazi, or watched her coverage of the Planned Parenthood atrocities.

She covered those better than anyone else on TV.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2016, 03:04:48 am »
How can we confuse this discourse as anything remotely serious?  How?

It shows how far down our culture has sunk, even that Donald Trump is taken seriously about anything.

I'm grieving the loss of America more and more each day.

Offline Carling

« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2016, 03:05:31 am »
Cruz is making a great argument about Trump being not afraid of Fox News, but afraid to answer questions for Iowa voters.

"I think it is remarkable that Donald Trump thinks so little of the men and women of Iowa."

Way too go, Ted!
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2016, 03:11:14 am »
There will be serious, artful politicians on that stage. They will have free shots all night telling the American people how they were slighted by DT.  The voter.  Some of those shots might score. Hell, I hope he is a no-show.
John Steinbeck

Offline aligncare

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2016, 03:12:24 am »

It's a shame Trump's not doing the debate. He's the only real candidate up there. All of the others are manicured politicians--cept of course, the good doctor. (who looks like he took a wrong turn at a medical convention on his way to give a speech and found him self on a presidential debate stage)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2016, 03:14:59 am »
There will be serious, artful politicians on that stage. They will have free shots all night telling the American people how they were slighted by DT.  The voter.  Some of those shots might score. Hell, I hope he is a no-show.

You make good points.

The stage will definitely be more intelligent and civil without his being there.

I may watch this one from beginning to end without the mute......

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2016, 03:16:33 am »
Cruz is making a great argument about Trump being not afraid of Fox News, but afraid to answer questions for Iowa voters.

"I think it is remarkable that Donald Trump thinks so little of the men and women of Iowa."

Way too go, Ted!

So it begins. See a theme developing?  And, it is based in reality.
John Steinbeck

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2016, 03:16:40 am »
Well, to answer this I must depend on the honesty of the reader.  I have no media watchdog service that can provide me with the quantitative data on the 9PM FNC Kelly File program for the weeks after August 6, 2015 to the present.  That is, stats that display:
- minutes of total coverage per show
- minutes of negative coverage per show
- minutes of positive/neutral coverage per show

I can only relate to you what I have seen.  As I mentioned in another post here recently, for several weeks (going into months) after the 8/6 FNC debate, 3-5 shows of the Kelly File each week opened with either Ms. Kelly alone, or with a clearly anti-Trump panel, attempting to hype the most recent "bad news about Donald Trump."  The segments (some times extending beyond the A block into the B block) varied in their "intensity" and bias.

===============================

You are not the only one who saw those events, and came away with the same conclusions.

Megyn Kelly's handler is none other than Rupert Murdoch, who absolutely does not want Donald Trump to be elected POTUS.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2016, 03:18:24 am »
==================================

'Majority' is the key word here, isn't it?

Trump is winning the 'majority' in every single poll.

Do these numbers lie?
No, he has not won a 'majority' in any single credible poll. A 'majority' is more than all others combined. What Trump has secured is a 'plurality.'

As you and Longiron continue to inflate your guy's support, please notice that he has indeed peaked. The 'majority' of Republicans even still won't vote for Trump. His only hope is to continue to exploit two things: the Republican divide between the establishment do-nothings and the outnumbered conservatives, and his base's blatant stubbornness to even remotely consider any argument against their guy.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2016, 03:19:01 am »
It's a shame Trump's not doing the debate. He's the only real candidate up there. All of the others are manicured politicians--cept of course, the good doctor. (who looks like he took a wrong turn at a medical convention on his way to give a speech and found him self on a presidential debate stage)

==========================

Some will say, "Yeah, but at least he showed up."

The dust on this won't settle until after Iowa, but I predict it will help Trump more than it hurts him.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2016, 03:21:04 am »
So it begins. See a theme developing?  And, it is based in reality.

Absolutely! If Trump is truly a series candidate he simply can't refuse Cruz's challenge.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:21:46 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2016, 03:23:08 am »
His only hope is to continue to exploit two things: the Republican divide between the establishment do-nothings and the outnumbered conservatives, and his base's blatant stubbornness to even remotely consider any argument against their guy.

===============================

Who can command such influence and results as these in this or any other election?

The fact that we are witnessing the largest Republican SPLIT in memory (or ever) and the fact that (as you say) his base 'won't even remotely consider any argument against him,' instantly reveal that he is the only one who can produce a win against the Democrats.

Is that hard to understand?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 03:23:35 am by HAPPY2BME »

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2016, 03:24:51 am »
Absolutely! If Trump is truly a series candidate he simply can't refuse Cruz's challenge.

And, each candidate will tag-team this issue.  My gosh, it is so obvious.

Trump will be on that stage.
John Steinbeck

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2016, 03:29:17 am »
And, each candidate will tag-team this issue.  My gosh, it is so obvious.

Trump will be on that stage.

I doubt that. I have never believed Trump wants to be president and his exit strategy is beginning to play out.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2016, 03:29:43 am »
Oh well. As someone said, this will help him more than hurt. In this upside down, snapshot driven, best zinger parallel universe, I guess it must be so.
John Steinbeck

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2016, 03:30:24 am »
I doubt that. I have never believed Trump wants to be president and his exit strategy is beginning to play out.

You may be right.
John Steinbeck