Author Topic: Republican rivals launch effort to villainize Donald Trump  (Read 1449 times)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Republican rivals launch effort to villainize Donald Trump
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2016, 03:00:43 am »
Well said ac.  Not to mention the hubris of thinking that serving as a Senator for part of one term is qualification to jump in and run for president - and I'm lumping Rubio and Paul in there too.  After the debacle of our current one term Senator as president!

Just another lawyer, indeed.   **nononono*
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2016, 03:03:20 am »
You know politics has gotten bad when lying is overlooked because it's expected.

Exactly Dexter.  That's why I find Trump's brutal honesty to be refreshing.  When asked why he started attacking Cruz, he replied, "Because he was going up in the polls!"

How many politicians would state the truth like that?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2016, 03:06:57 am »
You know politics has gotten bad when lying is overlooked because it's expected.

And yet here we have Donald Trump who lies with practically every breath.

And it's so "expected" that a whole group of otherwise honest people don't care that he does......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2016, 03:21:29 am »

We're all sinners my friend. It's part of being human. However, there does appear to be a statistically higher percentage found in congress than in the general population.  ^-^

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2016, 03:26:36 am »
And yet here we have Donald Trump who lies with practically every breath.

Which makes him---wait for it!---a politician. There went that myth.

And it's so "expected" that a whole group of otherwise honest people don't care that he does......

I half expect some of those folks to start quoting Archie Bunker about Nixon: He did not lie---he just forgot to tell the truth!

I mean, I've already noticed that enough of that whole group of otherwise honest people couldn't care less, seemingly, that their man is a Constitutional illiterate. (How dare you! Quit talking about the Constitution, dummy, and start making America great again!) No matter how outraged they were, and rightly enough, over the incumbent president who presented himself as a former constitutional law professor while behaving in office as though he came by his degree in a specially marked box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes.

One has become sadly accustomed to too many of his or her fellow Americans accepting the idea of an elected monarch (to borrow F.H. Buckley's locution from The Once and Future King), considering the manner in which the last few presidents have acted in office. That Mr. Trump seems to have so many supporters having orgasms over a man who would seem to be inclined toward behaving like a monarchical despot if he should be elected to the presidency (one takes sad note of a poster on another forum who said with gleeful approval that Mr. Trump would behave exactly as Lyndon Johnson, to whom the separation of powers was antique and unenforceable rhetoric, and that that is what would make Mr. Trump a great president) gives even more pause. And while it's unwise to fault the leader for the disciples' fooleries, the leader's silence about those fooleries speaks volumes enough.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2016, 03:27:57 am »
We're all sinners my friend. It's part of being human. However, there does appear to be a statistically higher percentage found in government than in the general population.  ^-^

Fixed!

(Government---the nation's largest organised crime family.)

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 03:31:50 am »

I half expect some of those folks to start quoting Archie Bunker about Nixon: He did not lie---he just forgot to tell the truth!

I mean, I've already noticed that enough of that whole group of otherwise honest people couldn't care less, seemingly, that their man is a Constitutional illiterate. (How dare you! Quit talking about the Constitution, dummy, and start making America great again!) No matter how outraged they were, and rightly enough, over the incumbent president who presented himself as a former constitutional law professor while behaving in office as though he came by his degree in a specially marked box of Kellogg's Corn Flakes.

One has become sadly accustomed to too many of his or her fellow Americans accepting the idea of an elected monarch (to borrow F.H. Buckley's locution from The Once and Future King), considering the manner in which the last few presidents have acted in office. That Mr. Trump seems to have so many supporters having orgasms over a man who would seem to be inclined toward behaving like a monarchical despot if he should be elected to the presidency (one takes sad note of a poster on another forum who said with gleeful approval that Mr. Trump would behave exactly as Lyndon Johnson, to whom the separation of powers was antique and unenforceable rhetoric, and that that is what would make Mr. Trump a great president) gives even more pause. And while it's unwise to fault the leader for the disciples' fooleries, the leader's silence about those fooleries speaks volumes enough.

Wow.  GREAT post!

btw, WELCOME to TBR!  I have a feeling your intellect and logic is going to add significantly to this forum!

(And I'll have to pick your brain about the blues some time.  ^-^ )

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 03:50:24 am »

You do know this is an open forum, right? I can see your insults and your suggestion that my support for the republican candidate of my choosing is an "orgasm" and not a decision I arrived at through long hours of research and careful consideration.

Tell me? Which candidates picture do you masturbate over?

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 06:35:30 am »
You do know this is an open forum, right? I can see your insults and your suggestion that my support for the republican candidate of my choosing is an "orgasm" and not a decision I arrived at through long hours of research and careful consideration.

Tell me? Which candidates picture do you masturbate over?

I spoke in general terms, not explicitly about any single poster, here or elsewhere. But I thank you for reminding me that metaphor
is lost often enough when writing in cyberspace. As for "my" candidate, I do not masturbate over aspirants to political office,
metaphorically, photographically or otherwise. But there are enough other supporters of various candidates about whom
their tone of expressing their support is rather orgasmic---metaphorically speaking.

That said, I don't have a candidate just yet. I have yet to decide whom among the field now in play is likely a) to commit the least amount of damage to the Constitution,
and b) to stand on behalf of something other than a slower metastasis of government than the past few presidents (and no few
Congresses) have effected.

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2016, 06:36:12 am »
Wow.  GREAT post!

btw, WELCOME to TBR!  I have a feeling your intellect and logic is going to add significantly to this forum!

You flatter me. :)

(And I'll have to pick your brain about the blues some time.  ^-^ )

Any time you like!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2016, 02:38:07 pm »
You flatter me. :)

Any time you like!

I meant to flatter you.   :patriot:

I teach several classes that include sections on Jazz, and include a brief section on blues as one of the two genres that led to jazz, but then didn't stop as its own genre, and am always looking for new information.

(btw, you will notice that a number of our members here are quite sensitive to metaphors and generalizations about Trump supporters.   ^-^).

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2016, 06:07:14 pm »
I meant to flatter you.   :patriot:

:)

I teach several classes that include sections on Jazz, and include a brief section on blues as one of the two genres that led to jazz, but then didn't stop as its own genre, and am always looking for new information.

Any time I can help, just ask!

(btw, you will notice that a number of our members here are quite sensitive to metaphors and generalizations about Trump supporters.   ^-^).

(btw, I'll tell you a little secret---that's no secret. And, of course, that sort of thing didn't begin with Mr. Trump's sycophancy. It probably won't end there, either.)