Author Topic: Insider leaks real reason for GOP kingpins' anti-Cruz venom  (Read 6100 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Insider leaks real reason for GOP kingpins' anti-Cruz venom
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2016, 06:46:09 pm »

Oh, I just thought. Pete, did you ask or worry if candidate Romney (you know, the way rich guy, Romney) if he was willing to put his fortune in a blind trust?

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2016, 06:51:40 pm »
His children are mature and very smart, they've been working with him in the business for awhile.  He doesn't need to tell them how to invest or how to run it.  They already know. 

From the remarks I see from many here - he's already buying that "inside information" now from all the politicians he's bought - so why would he need to run for president to get that?   :laugh:

I think trying to turn this country around is the ultimate challenge for a man that has pretty much arrived at the ultimate pinnacle in his professional life.  God bless him for doing it too, it's nearly impossible for most any common person to do so. 

By the way, that's how Donald learned about the real business world; at his father's knee.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2016, 06:52:14 pm »
All other issues aside I think Trump has a much better chance of winning the general election.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2016, 07:06:39 pm »
All other issues aside I think Trump has a much better chance of winning the general election.

When you look at the demographics and the number spread, yes. Trump may struggle (then again, he may not) with an intransigent sector of Republicans and conservatives in the primaries, but once he's the nominee democrats will be forced back on their heels playing defense.

And that, in short, is how democrats lose the 2016 presidential election to DJT.

(Democrats have their FDR, their JFK, their LBJ. I decided it's time republicans had their first initialed president. Say it along with me: DJT. Has a nice ring.)

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 07:08:34 pm »

My bad. Forgot W.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 07:11:04 pm »

Agreed. This weekend has witnessed a Cruz display of horrible judgment with the Beck performances.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 07:12:06 pm »
His children are mature and very smart, they've been working with him in the business for awhile.  He doesn't need to tell them how to invest or how to run it.  They already know. 

The daughter is supposed to be the brightest of them all,and the heir apparent.

Still,it's only a BLIND trust if you don't know who is managing it. The purpose of a blind trust is to insure political figures that get advance notice of government policies and insider information don't use that information for personal gain. That way every decision their administration makes isn't suspected of being insider dealing and profiting,and the legislation they write and sign isn't designed to benefit them instead of the country.

You can NOT trust a billionaire to ignore making profits on advance information. It goes against their nature. It's what made them billionaires.

Can you seriously suggest that The Donald would not give tips to his spawn about mergers,new tax laws,etc,etc,etc that would cause his empire to lose money? Remember,this is a man whose business model is bankruptcy,which means he is a bottom-feeding scavenger that doesn't care who he hurts as long as he profits.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:13:24 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 07:15:59 pm »
Oh, I just thought. Pete, did you ask or worry if candidate Romney (you know, the way rich guy, Romney) if he was willing to put his fortune in a blind trust?

No. Why would I? He never had a chance of winning to begin with.

Or should I write this in a manner more recognizable to you,and say "You not the boss of me! I don't have to answer your questions!"

Either way,you sure are obsessed with saying and doing anything to help your idol. I'm betting you would be screaming bloody murder if Hillary or Bloomberg refused to put their money in blind trusts.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:17:52 pm by sneakypete »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 07:16:29 pm »

Say, Pete, before you pulled the lever for him, were you able to trust a millionaire like Romney without his fortune in a blind trust? Or is it only billionaires you're concerned about?

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2016, 07:19:30 pm »
Gohmert said moderate Republicans and the mainstream media are aligning with Trump based on a major assumption.

"They think he'll be more of a deal maker. They're probably figuring, 'You know, Trump is a winner. He says what he has to to win. He'll say what he has to to win the Republican primary,'" Gohmert explained. "And so they're probably thinking, 'So then he'll go back and agree with Democrats to say what he needs to to win the general election.'"

Quoted because it needs to be repeated over and over until the truth starts to sink in.

And THAT is even if he just doesn't take a lump sum payment with the promises of future government contracts and tax breaks to drop out right before the primary elections.

The [DELETED - Mod.] don't care about such facts...Pope Donald  is their spiritual hero!!

« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:40:22 pm by Mod1 »
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2016, 07:25:04 pm »
Agreed. This weekend has witnessed a Cruz display of horrible judgment with the Beck performances.

...hmm let's see. Bad judgement.  Someone who states "I could shoot someone and not loose voters" v. Someone who has a well known conservative radio host, patriot and devout Christian rallying behind them. 

As it's been stated a couple of times (the line is priceless) ... I'll take my Constitutional Conservative over your Reformed Democrat any Day!!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:28:28 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2016, 07:25:07 pm »
I think trying to turn this country around is the ultimate challenge for a man that has pretty much arrived at the ultimate pinnacle in his professional life.  God bless him for doing it too, it's nearly impossible for most any common person to do so. 

I missed that the first time. Sorry.

You DO know he is the 3rd generation of his family to be real estate speculators,and that when he turned 21 over 40 years ago he inherited
12 MILLION dollars and 15,000 rental properties in NYC,right? In addition to that he got his grandfathers and fathers contacts in NYC government offices including tax offices and building inspectors. Not to mention banks. It was a money-making growing business before he ever got control over it.  That's worth more than a little right there.

If you break down the purchasing power of a dollar now against the purchasing power of a dollar 40+ years ago,he probably inherited more money then than he has now.

It's not hard to win a race when you start out with a toe on the finish line.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2016, 07:29:57 pm »
Say, Pete, before you pulled the lever for him, were you able to trust a millionaire like Romney without his fortune in a blind trust? Or is it only billionaires you're concerned about?

I didn't vote for him,and I won't be voting for the poser with the orange possum on his head,either. I am NOT Party People,and I will NOT vote for anyone unless I actually want to see THAT person holding public office. Period.

I understand why a (No - Mod2) like you would struggle with a concept like that. Were you a cheerleader for Romney,too? Boy Jorge? Poppy?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 07:45:52 pm by Mod2 »

Offline Mod1

« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2016, 07:39:57 pm »
Stop the name-calling, Mikey. Discuss the candidates without nasty remarks about their supporters.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2016, 07:42:39 pm »

You DO know he is the 3rd generation of his family to be real estate speculators,and that when he turned 21 over 40 years ago he inherited
12 MILLION dollars and 15,000 rental properties in NYC,right? In addition to that he got his grandfathers and fathers contacts in NYC government offices including tax offices and building inspectors. Not to mention banks. It was a money-making growing business before he ever got control over it.  That's worth more than a little right there.

If you break down the purchasing power of a dollar now against the purchasing power of a dollar 40+ years ago,he probably inherited more money then than he has now.

I have Google. What you said about the amount of Trump's inheritance is untrue.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2016, 07:46:02 pm »

:beer:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2016, 07:47:00 pm »

I'll say this once. Let's see if it sinks in.

We have a full slate of Republican presidential candidates. Donald Trump is one of them.

What you'all call being in love with Donald Trump, I call support for a candidate.

So tell me Mikey, Petey. Which candidate are you in love with?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2016, 07:53:35 pm »
I have Google. What you said about the amount of Trump's inheritance is untrue.

Actually.  It is true.  Trump did inherit his father's money; real estate tycoon Fred Trump.  Fred Trump's story is the story of rags to riches; not Trump's. 

"Trump was born in New York City in 1946, the son of real estate tycoon Fred Trump. Fred Trump’s business success not only provided Donald Trump with a posh youth of private schools and economic security but eventually blessed him with an inheritance worth an estimated $40 million to $200 million. It is critical to note, however, that his father’s success, which granted Donald Trump such a great advantage, was enabled and buffered by governmental financing programs. In 1934, while struggling during the Great Depression, financing from the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) allowed Fred Trump to revive his business and begin building a multitude of homes in Brooklyn, selling at $6,000 apiece. Furthermore, throughout World War II, Fred Trump constructed FHA-backed housing for US naval personnel near major shipyards along the East Coast...."

Perhaps most important to note about Trump:

Trump eventually found himself in serious financial trouble. In 1990, due to excessive leveraging, The Trump Organization revealed that it was $5 billion in debt ($8.8 billion by some estimates), with $1 billion personally guaranteed by Trump himself. The survival of the company was made possible only by a bailout pact agreed upon in August of that same year by some 70 banks, allowing Trump to defer on nearly $1 billion in debt, as well as to take out second and third mortgages on almost all of his properties. If it were not for the collective effort of all banks and parties involved in that 1990 deal, Trump’s business would have gone bankrupt and failed.

http://www.alternet.org/story/156234/exposing_how_donald_trump_really_made_his_fortune%3A_inheritance_from_dad_and_the_government's_protection_mostly_did_the_trick

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2016, 08:04:48 pm »
I sure can't argue with that one.  This is not only the perfect time for this to happen,but it is also probably the last chance for it TO happen.

Which,IMHO is WHY Trump is running. The current system is one that all his contacts exist in,and if it were to go down it would be the end of his influence and severely cripple his ability to scam money. Protecting that very system is WHY he entered the race.

You started your reply so, so well  ^-^.    However, I disagree on your reasoning for why Donald Trump entered this race.  It has nothing to do with money.  He's got more of it that you and I combined could spend through the rest of our lifetimes.  So, no, it's not about money.  Period.

I think Trump is an American patriot and he is sickened by what has happened to us, most especially though these past eight years, but also including the Bush II years.  Trump himself answered the question:  "Why are you running" and he said because (and I paraphrase) he's watched the past few presidents and presidential candidates and came to the conclusion that he could do a better job for America.

Apparently, so do the Americans paying attention to our economic, social a geopolitical decline.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2016, 08:08:28 pm »
True,but anybody can rent him.   

You're grabbing at straws here.  Being free from the ties of other people's money is a cornerstone of Donald Trump, the man--and a source of pride.

No one is going to rent him or own him.  Ever.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2016, 08:11:49 pm »
...hmm let's see. Bad judgement.  Someone who states "I could shoot someone and not loose voters" v. Someone who has a well known conservative radio host, patriot and devout Christian rallying behind them. 

As it's been stated a couple of times (the line is priceless) ... I'll take my Constitutional Conservative over your Reformed Democrat any Day!!
You have been duped by your Constitutional Conservative. He cannot even manage a political campaign.

His manager handled Perry and Mourdock in 2012. That took some kind of lousy judgment by Cruz, to pick him of all choices.

Then this weekend of Beck. Notice the last few days have seen a 15 point swing for Trump vs. Cruz.

People see what I see, not what you wish.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2016, 08:13:03 pm »
Actually.  It is true.  Trump did inherit his father's money; real estate tycoon Fred Trump.  Fred Trump's story is the story of rags to riches; not Trump's. 

"Trump was born in New York City in 1946, the son of real estate tycoon Fred Trump. Fred Trump’s business success not only provided Donald Trump with a posh youth of private schools and economic security but eventually blessed him with an inheritance worth an estimated $40 million to $200 million. It is critical to note, however, that his father’s success, which granted Donald Trump such a great advantage, was enabled and buffered by governmental financing programs. In 1934, while struggling during the Great Depression, financing from the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) allowed Fred Trump to revive his business and begin building a multitude of homes in Brooklyn, selling at $6,000 apiece. Furthermore, throughout World War II, Fred Trump constructed FHA-backed housing for US naval personnel near major shipyards along the East Coast...."

Perhaps most important to note about Trump:

Trump eventually found himself in serious financial trouble. In 1990, due to excessive leveraging, The Trump Organization revealed that it was $5 billion in debt ($8.8 billion by some estimates), with $1 billion personally guaranteed by Trump himself. The survival of the company was made possible only by a bailout pact agreed upon in August of that same year by some 70 banks, allowing Trump to defer on nearly $1 billion in debt, as well as to take out second and third mortgages on almost all of his properties. If it were not for the collective effort of all banks and parties involved in that 1990 deal, Trump’s business would have gone bankrupt and failed.

http://www.alternet.org/story/156234/exposing_how_donald_trump_really_made_his_fortune%3A_inheritance_from_dad_and_the_government's_protection_mostly_did_the_trick

I stand corrected on the amount of his inheritance: The will of Trump's father, who died in 1999, divided an estate estimated at $250–300 million equally among his four surviving children.[49]

However, it is an estimate.

But I'm getting some mixed signals from Trump's detractors. Do you like old money (inherited money) or do you dislike old money? (By the way, Trump took that inheritance, and in less than a generation turned it into a vast fortune. A remarkable feat for anybody. Revealing tremendous talent, drive and determination on the part of Donald Trump)

Are we supposed to like the rich or are we supposed to dislike the rich. Which is it?

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2016, 08:24:05 pm »
Are we supposed to like the rich or are we supposed to dislike the rich. Which is it?

You are supposed to be against anything that Trump says, does, or represents.

If Trump says that he prefers Coke, you must like Pepsi.

If Trump says that he likes cats, you must say that you prefer dogs.

If Trump says....

You get the general idea!   :silly:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2016, 08:28:58 pm »
Stop the name-calling, Mikey. Discuss the candidates without nasty remarks about their supporters.
Trumpeteer is a negative name for a Trump fan,now? If they/you find that insulting,why are you fans of Trump?

BTW,nice job of removing the word Trumpeteer so that others will think I actually did call them something they would see as degrading.