Author Topic: Trump says he could shoot people and still wouldn't lose voters  (Read 7890 times)

Offline flowers

Trump says he could shoot people and still wouldn't lose voters
« on: January 23, 2016, 07:17:49 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/23/politics/donald-trump-shoot-somebody-support/index.html

Sioux Center, Iowa (CNN)Donald Trump boasted Saturday that support for his presidential campaign would not decline even if he shot someone in the middle of a crowded street.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said at a campaign rally here.

Trump has repeatedly pointed to the loyalty of his supporters, many of whom tell reporters and pollsters that almost nothing could make them change their mind about voting for Trump in the presidential race.

Trump's comments come as the debate about gun violence in America has taken center stage in American political discourse amid several highly publicized mass shootings.

Trump has repeatedly touted his strong support for the Second Amendment and slammed President Barack Obama's recent use of executive orders to expand the reach of background checks needed to purchase a gun.

Trump's comments also come less than two months after two ISIS-inspired terrorists killed 14 people in San Bernardino, California, and ISIS-linked attacks killed 130 in Paris. In response, Trump has called for fewer gun restrictions and a harder stance on terrorism.

Offline Carling

Re: Trump says he could shoot people and still wouldn't lose voters
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 07:20:10 pm »
What the hell is he talking about?  Is he cracking?
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 07:25:30 pm »
What the hell is he talking about?  Is he cracking?
I cannot find the audio now.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 07:28:07 pm »
Jeremy Diamond Verified account ‏@JDiamond1

.@realDonaldTrump on his loyal supporters:"I could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot people and I wouldn’t lose voters."

I don't see it at trumps twitter feed only this guys.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 07:29:47 pm by flowers »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 07:30:32 pm »
Well, it would depend on who he shot.

:bolt:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2016, 07:32:03 pm »

.@realDonaldTrump on his loyal supporters:"I could stand in the middle of 5th avenue and shoot people and I wouldn’t lose voters."

I don't see it at trumps twitter feed only this guys.

You can probably see/hear if you watch the video of the rally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBg-J2vNSHg

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 07:33:46 pm »

Exactly!  The right target would probably garner him millions more!!    :whistle:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2016, 07:34:20 pm »

If he would shoot another AMERICAN, no big deal BUT a terrorist that happens to be more DEVOUT then he would be in BIG TIME trouble. :patriot:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2016, 07:38:10 pm »
Why does he say such things? Really, no big deal if he shot another American?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2016, 07:38:40 pm »
Or, Trump could say he could shoot people and not lose support, and not lose support.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 07:43:37 pm »

HAPPY2BME

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 07:45:37 pm »
Why does he say such things? Really, no big deal if he shot another American?

Probably because he knows his supporters will just laugh and say, "That's just Trump being Trump."

And most of them will.......   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 07:48:26 pm »
Suddenly, using absurdity to illustrate absurdity is a foreign concept to people around here?     **nononono*
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2016, 07:49:05 pm »
In other words, he is saying that his supporters don't really care, what he say or what he does, they will still support him.  So ... what does that say about his supporters?   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Carling

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2016, 07:54:57 pm »
In other words, he is saying that his supporters don't really care, what he say or what he does, they will still support him.  So ... what does that say about his supporters?   :shrug:

It says his supporters are loyal, I suppose.   :shrug:

Who is the GOPe candidate du jour?  I just read a few minutes ago that Mort Kondracke is going to write-in Paul Ryan. 

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/01/23/kondracke-paul-ryan-for-president-trump-is-natavist-xenphobic-misoginist/

When does the "Draft Ryan" movement begin as the other GOPe duds fall by the wayside?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:06:33 pm by Carling »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2016, 08:00:42 pm »
  I just read a few minutes ago that Mort Krondacke is going to write-in Paul Ryan.

===========================================

That right there would absolutely be a straight bullseye hit right between the eyes of the (nearly dead anyway) GOP.

Go Paul Ryan.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2016, 08:08:31 pm »

I don't see it anywhere now.

Maybe he never said it, maybe he said it but pulled back, maybe it's a bogus website, maybe, maybe, maybe.

The Internet can be a fantastic source for information, a percentage of which, is bad information.

But, I suspect he said it and said it purposefully. Trump has a knack for getting to the key element, using precision attacks.

For example, Trump didn't have a laundry list of policy points to use against Jeb Bush in the debates. No. He simply said, Bush is "low energy." (oh. Voter looks at Jeb, thinks, hmm he is low energy), and "oh you're a tough guy, Jeb." See how this works?

I love Ted Cruz, but he is often too smart. He makes a political attack against an opponent, but it's like a power point presentation. He has 17 different points on policy, cross referencing case law, citing Supreme Court decisions. He's loaded for bear--with extra flourishes.

Great constitutional lawyer but he shouldn't make the case against his opponents as if he were arguing in front of the court. He stands before voters, not lawyers. Look for the emotional hook and boil it down to one or two words.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2016, 08:12:41 pm »

He's right about his supporters, isn't he?

He seriously could do anything he wanted and a large portion of his apologists and defenders would think it was great.

I haven't seen anything like this............... other than with Obama, I think...........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Carling

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2016, 08:17:00 pm »
He's right about his supporters, isn't he?

He seriously could do anything he wanted and a large portion of his apologists and defenders would think it was great.

I haven't seen anything like this............... other than with Obama, I think...........

Oh really?  Can I think of another example that led to my banning at TOS?   :pondering:

You betcha!

« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 08:19:59 pm by Carling »

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2016, 08:25:17 pm »
Suddenly, using absurdity to illustrate absurdity is a foreign concept to people around here?     **nononono*

As is humor...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
Trump: I could 'shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters'
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2016, 08:35:24 pm »
 Trump: I could 'shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters'

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/23/politics/donald-trump-shoot-somebody-support/index.html

the meltdown begins!!

I guarantee it!
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2016, 08:44:17 pm »
LOL!  He's done any 2nd Amendment-loving American a huge favor.

While Obama is shedding phony tears for the cameras pushing for gun confiscation, along comes Donald Trump and suggests he could shoot somebody and not lose a supporter.

You couldn't write a better script...   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2016, 08:48:46 pm »

Yeah, I think this'll make melt down #28.