Author Topic: Trump says he could shoot people and still wouldn't lose voters  (Read 7864 times)

Offline aligncare

Re: Trump says he could shoot people and still wouldn't lose voters
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2016, 03:36:14 am »
Know exactly what you mean. 

Buddy Hackett once said, paraphrased, "I never hold grudges, because while I'm home grudging, they're out dancing!"

That Buckhead thing was what, 16 years ago?  Or, was it 12, when they tried to use it vs. Kerry?

My point though is that some of here have been together since then...and we're a family of sorts.

And family members scratch and fight sometimes.

I was thinking along the lines that maybe Carling realized that when he offered his apology. 

But maybe I'm just projecting.

I think it's high time we let Sinkspur (Mike) come back home.   For chrissakes, it's a blizzard out there!

Uh uh. Not until we have a nominee.  **nononono*  Nope, not until then. He's too ornery a cuss. With  the worst cases of TDS I've every see.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2016, 03:37:48 am »
Uh uh. Not until we have a nominee.  **nononono*  Nope, not until then. He's too ornery a cuss. With  the worst cases of TDS I've every see.

What if he's contrite?  Genuinely?

If not...what does it take to 'zap' him again.   Use it like an invisible fence.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2016, 03:46:51 am »

I really think it'd be safer if we least waited till we get through the South Carolina primary.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2016, 04:00:09 am »
And there ya have it. Bathhouse Barry might think he is the smartest person in any room he enters,but Trump really and truly thinks he is the smartest man in the world. Based mostly on him being "smart enough" to inherit money and position.

God FORBID you point that out to the WRONG PEOPLE....such as some forum OWNERS!!

Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2016, 04:32:50 am »
I agree with you DC. I remember him back to the Ivan days someone mentioned earlier.

I also have to say knowing your political preference in the race, you set a perfect example of how political discourse can occur without losing sight of more important things. thank you DC  :patriot:

Aaah, DC's just sucking up. He's hoping that when he's allowed back in sinky will spare him. Fat chance, DC. No one escapes unscathed from sinkspur's barbs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2016, 04:48:55 am »
Aaah, DC's just sucking up. He's hoping that when he's allowed back in sinky will spare him. Fat chance, DC. No one escapes unscathed from sinkspur's barbs.

I dunno about that. I never had any problems with him that I remember.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2016, 04:46:16 pm »
Don Surber:
Sunday, January 24, 2016
Fifth Avenue liars

Please note, I do not care who wins the Republican race. I was for Scott Walker, then Carly Fiorina, but now I realize I do not vote until the May primary, so the rest of the Republicans can select someone and I will back that candidate. Still I am keeping up with the campaigns and The Campaign. Trump was in Iowa on Saturday and the press covered his remarks.

Reporters flat-out lied.

First, the list of all the news reporters who got the story right.

Jenna Johnson of the Washington Post:
    "They say I have the most loyal people -- did you ever see that? -- where I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters," Trump said, illustrating his point by pulling his fingers into a gun shape. "OK? It's like incredible."

The crowd laughed and clapped, and someone in the audience shouted out love for the candidate.

"We love you, too, man," Trump said.
She was the only honest reporter I could find.

Now for the (expletive) list of the mother (expletive) liars.

Ali Vitali of NBC News, you are a liar:

Donald Trump said Saturday that his supporters are so loyal that he would not lose backers even if he were to shoot someone in the middle of downtown Manhattan.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, okay, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump said at a rally in Sioux Center, Iowa as the audience laughed. "It's, like, incredible."
Ben Kamisar of The Hill, you are a liar:

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump thinks there's not much he could possibly do to erode his support.

Lauding his fans' loyalty at a campaign event in Sioux Center, Iowa, on Saturday, Trump said he could kill people and still be popular.

“I have the most loyal people, did you ever see that? I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot people and I wouldn’t lose voters,” he said.
Jill Colvin and Steve Peoples of the Associated Press, you are liars:

SIOUX CENTER, Iowa — Donald Trump is so confident about the loyalty of his supporters that he predicted Saturday they would stick with him even if he shot someone.

The Republican presidential front-runner bashed conservative commentator Glenn Beck's support of rival Ted Cruz and welcomed a figure from the GOP establishment, Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa, in rallies nine days before the Iowa caucuses open voting in the 2016 campaign.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump told an enthusiastic audience at a Christian school, Dordt College. "It's like incredible."
Reuters, you are a pack of liars:

U.S. Republican front-runner Donald Trump expressed confidence on Saturday that he could push back attempts by his rivals to knock him off his top perch, saying he could stand in New York's Fifth Avenue "and shoot people and I wouldn't lose voters."

Colin Dwyer of NPR, you are a liar:

With less than two weeks to go until the Iowa caucus, Donald Trump remains characteristically confident about his chances. In fact, the Republican front-runner is so confident, he says his supporters would stay loyal even if he happened to commit a capital offense.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."
You are liars. Turn in your press passes.

Did none of their editors ask why he would say something so foolish?

Oddly enough, their very own lies proved he was correct in their dismissive, sneering, ugly contempt for Trump's supporters, whom they view as subhuman zombies. That is almost how Tom Jackman of the Washington Post described them. ...
Rest of article at Surber's blog
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2016, 04:48:28 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/266839-trump-defends-shooting-comments

January 24, 2016, 11:10 am
Trump defends shooting comments

By Keith Laing

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump on Sunday defended his comments about being able to shoot someone and retain support from GOP voters.

Asked during an appearance on CBS's "Face The Nation" about his declaration that "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters," Trump said the comments were intended to demonstrate the durability of his polling advantage ahead of early voting in states like Iowa and New Hampshire.

"Well, I have a very great group of people ...  I have people that are so loyal and it's been so reported and even in your poll, but in a lot of the polls they do that, the loyalty factor," he said.

"And my factor’s up - when you add it all up, it's pretty much close to 90 percent," Trump continued. "These are people that just won't leave, they will not leave. I love my people. And it's a great thing. I mean, it's a great thing. Far greater loyalty than any other candidate by double, triple, quadruple and I love my people."

Trump has been criticized for invoking the imagery of a violent incident in the context of a presidential campaign.

He said he is not worried about criticism from conservative publications like the National Review, which recently dedicated an issue to critiques of Trump's presidential campaign.

"Well, it's a failing magazine, number one, they need publicity," he said.

"These are people for the most part I don't know, I don't even know who most of them are, I don't want to know who most of them are," Trump continued. "And they're just people that are I guess trying to save a magazine that's close to closing up. And you know, they're going to get publicity and I actually think it plays into what I'm saying because it shows the divisiveness."

Trump said the National Review does not have a good track record of picking winners of GOP presidential primaries.

"You know, they backed Romney, he lost. They backed McCain, he lost. They lose and they don't know how to win," he said. "And I'm not sure they even want to win, they just want to stay relevant. And they're very irrelevant."

Trump also said that he would "love" to run against former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg (I), who is rumored to be considering mounting an independent presidential bid.

"I know Michael very well, I'd love to compete against Michael. And I know him very well," he said. "And I think he might very well get in the race and I would love to have him get in the race.

"He's very opposite on me with guns and he's opposite on pro-life and he's opposite on a lot of things, so I would love to have Michael get in the race," Trump continued. "But I don't know if he's going to do it, but I hope he does, I would love to compete against Michael."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2016, 04:49:09 pm »
Don Surber:She was the only honest reporter I could find.

Now for the (expletive) list of the mother (expletive) liars.

Ali Vitali of NBC News, you are a liar:
  Ben Kamisar of The Hill, you are a liar:
   Jill Colvin and Steve Peoples of the Associated Press, you are liars:
   Reuters, you are a pack of liars:

Colin Dwyer of NPR, you are a liar:
   You are liars. Turn in your press passes.

Did none of their editors ask why he would say something so foolish?

Oddly enough, their very own lies proved he was correct in their dismissive, sneering, ugly contempt for Trump's supporters, whom they view as subhuman zombies. That is almost how Tom Jackman of the Washington Post described them. ...Rest of article at Surber's blog

That's a shocker.  The media manipulating the truth like the loyal minions they are.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2016, 04:57:31 pm »
That's a shocker.  The media manipulating the truth like the loyal minions they are.

Donald Trump is a big enough phenom that he could call a press conference in prime-time with just FOX and CNN, and take these liars apart.

At this point, he could hurt the mainstream media and their lap dog bloggers more than they can harm him.   And it won't cost him a dime.

Do it, Mr. Trump.    :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2016, 05:13:09 pm »
Donald Trump is a big enough phenom that he could call a press conference in prime-time with just FOX and CNN, and take these liars apart.

At this point, he could hurt the mainstream media and their lap dog bloggers more than they can harm him.   And it won't cost him a dime.

Do it, Mr. Trump.    :smokin:

I think he's building up to it.  Notice he jumps at the opportunity to turn negative press into a chance to opine his views.  He never backs down, doesn't waste time trying to 'splain' what he really meant - he just goes right into warrior mode and slices them all to pieces!

Run Bloomberg run!  It will only take votes from the Democrats!   :silly:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2016, 05:21:50 pm »
Figured it was something like that.

Trump is an arrogant, egotistical, immature, insecure blowhard.

He isn't bleep STUPID.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2016, 05:22:31 pm »
I still think Hillary will become the victim of some serious health issues very soon!

Yup. I strongly suspect she will have a stroke right after the NH primary,and have to drop out due to "health reasons". The prime one being she would commit suicide if she lost twice in a row.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2016, 05:25:27 pm »
Yup. I strongly suspect she will have a stroke right after the NH primary,and have to drop out due to "health reasons". The prime one being she would commit suicide if she lost twice in a row.

:laugh:

Online libertybele

« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2016, 05:32:37 pm »

Promise? Will that before she is indicted or after?   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2016, 05:42:01 pm »
Promise? Will that before she is indicted or after?

She's never going to be indicted. The ruling class just will not allow that precedent to be established.

Just look at all the other crimes she has committed over the years and gotten away with for proof of this. Remember the FBI telling her they wanted the 1,000+ "raw" background files on political figures that she had stolen,and she just said "No",and walked away with them?

If she wasn't arrested for that,it ain't going to happen. She had no legal right to even see them,never mind be in possession of them. Can you imagine how much blackmail material there is in the confidential background files of over 1,000 political figures?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2016, 05:43:34 pm »

I can see her committing homicide before she would ever commit suicide.  Oh, wait....

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #92 on: January 24, 2016, 05:46:50 pm »
 :silly:
I can see her committing homicide before she would ever commit suicide.  Oh, wait....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #93 on: January 24, 2016, 06:30:24 pm »

The FBI's integrity and morale are at stake here. Comey is universally respected (translation: he can't be bought by either right or left). He will not let the FBI's reputation be tarnished by politics. If he finds evidence of Hillary wrongdoing – how could he not? – he will forward it to Justice.

If Justice does not move forward with an indictment, as they did with Gen. Petraeus for exactly the same offense, we will witness massive leaks coming from within the FBI.

Hillary is finished, one way or the other. Count on it.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #94 on: January 24, 2016, 06:34:13 pm »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2016, 06:43:00 pm »
I keep tellin ya, DC - carry a Zippo!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2016, 07:09:17 pm »
I keep tellin ya, DC - carry a Zippo!

Online libertybele

« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2016, 07:18:01 pm »
And there ya have it. Bathhouse Barry might think he is the smartest person in any room he enters,but Trump really and truly thinks he is the smartest man in the world. Based mostly on him being "smart enough" to inherit money and position.

...and I might add, smart enough to manipulate the tax rules, get banks to back him and know when to close businesses they are just about ready to tank...in other words, 'he know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em ... he's an excellent poker play. 

As for the his tax plan...during the CNBC debate Harwood stated; "I talked to economic advisers who have served presidents of both parties. They said that you have as much chance of cutting taxes that much without increasing the deficit as you would of flying away from that podium by flapping your arms around."  Oh that's right he's "The Donald"; flapping arms included.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/nov/05/donald-trump/donald-trumps-false-claim-his-tax-plan-wouldnt-inc/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2016, 09:15:08 pm »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2016, 09:20:15 pm »
LOL!  That's perfect.