Author Topic: DON'T ASSUME A REPUBLICAN WIN - Moody’s model gives Dem candidate advantage in 2016  (Read 6271 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Projection! Bigun!  With a dollop of wishful thinking!  IMHO!!

You're entitled to your opinions however wrong they may be!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

===================================

Hillary (if 'IT' survives) is leaning towards tapping Julian Castro as her VP.

Whoever wins the GOP nomination, there is also a very strong chance that VP pick will also be a Latino.

Demographically, scientifically, and statistically, Latinos will be the vast majority of the inhabitants of 'the USA' by no longer than 2050.  Probably 2025.

I'm keeping popcorn ready for when the urban blacks finally figure out they are no longer needed for votes by the Dems.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

HAPPY2BME

"Sooner or later, as the globalist elites seek to drag the country into conflicts and global commitments, preside over the economic pastoralization of the United States, manage the delegitimization of our own culture, and the dispossession of our people, and disregard or diminish our national interest and national sovereignty, a nationalist reaction is almost inevitable and will probably assume populist form when it arrives. The sooner it comes, the better.”

Samuel T. Francis

HAPPY2BME

I'm keeping popcorn ready for when the urban blacks finally figure out they are no longer needed for votes by the Dems.

Don't write off the Blacks, especially the Southern Blacks.

And don't write off the Mexicans, especially those born here.

Those are two key swing votes.  Another major two are PISSED-OFF Republicans and Democrats.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
===========================================

I really hate to pop your bubble, but Ted Cruz is not electable, even if he gets the nomination.

What you are completely assuming is that there are enough Republicans to elect him.  Hate to be the one to tell you this, but there are not.

Thanks to the massive, and completely intentionally designed social engineering of both the Democrats AND the Republicans, the voting demographics have now shifted towards the Left.  The injection of a minimum of TEN MILLION ILLEGAL ALIENS from Mexico who are now eligible to vote in national elections (THANKS TO THE RECENT VOTER ID RULINGS OF THE USSC) leave this coming election completely wide open, and quite significantly influenced by the very same illegal alien voters WE REPUBLICANS have been warning YOU REPUBLICANS about now for over twenty years.

It is here, and there is not one damned thing you or any other 'Republican' can do about it. 

Now the GOOD part about that is that either Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio are the ONLY ones THEY will vote for.  The bad part about THAT is that there are not enough illegal alien voters to get either Ted Cruz or Marco Rubio over the election hump.

That brings us back to the man you despise, which is Donald Trump.

You and the Republicans like you are in the 'Catch-22' of your lives.

I suspect someone's bubble will be popped fairly soon and if it's mine I will accept it but you nor anyone else is going to badger me into voting for Donald Trump in the primary! Ain't gonna happen!

I'f I'm forced to pull the lever for him in the general  that will be a vote against the democrat and not FOR Trump!  Just like what I did for Dole, McCain, and Romney!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

I suspect someone's bubble will be popped fairly soon and if it's mine I will accept it but you nor anyone else is going to badger me into voting for Donald Trump in the primary! Ain't gonna happen!

I'f I'm forced to pull the lever for him in the general  that will be a vote against the democrat and not FOR Trump! Just like what I did for Dole, McCain, and Romney!

I'm with you even if Kasich/Rubio/Bush/Ryan end up being the nominee.

In the end, our votes all count the same no matter who our horse is in the primary, and I want Cruz, too, but unlike you Trump is my second choice.   :beer:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
In a way, I hope they do. Then they can snag what they already have.

So do I!  He has a record as well and it ain't a good one!  Let's find out once and for all if this country is still worth fighting for!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Hillary (if 'IT' survives) is leaning towards tapping Julian Castro as her VP.

Whoever wins the GOP nomination, there is also a very strong chance that VP pick will also be a Latino.

Demographically, scientifically, and statistically, Latinos will be the vast majority of the inhabitants of 'the USA' by no longer than 2050.  Probably 2025.

Are you really Karl Rove?  You sure sound a lot like him!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

"Sooner or later, as the globalist elites seek to drag the country into conflicts and global commitments, preside over the economic pastoralization of the United States, manage the delegitimization of our own culture, and the dispossession of our people, and disregard or diminish our national interest and national sovereignty, a nationalist reaction is almost inevitable and will probably assume populist form when it arrives. The sooner it comes, the better.”

Samuel T. Francis

Nice quote. Rings true.

Offline aligncare

I'f I'm forced to pull the lever for him in the general  that will be a vote against the democrat and not FOR Trump!  Just like what I did for Dole, McCain, and Romney!

You corralled me on that one!

:patriot:

HAPPY2BME

Are you really Karl Rove?  You sure sound a lot like him!

===============================

Oh, my goodness.  You caught me again.

Here's where I kinda 'flubbed up' a little bit last time.  I'll get it right this time around though, I promise.

Recognize me now?

November 01, 2012

Rove predicts Romney victory with at least 279 Electoral College votes

In an op-ed published in The Wall Street Journal, the former George W. Bush adviser said he expected Romney to win with 51 percent of the vote to Obama's 48, "with Mr. Romney carrying at least 279 Electoral College votes, probably more."

Rove, who now runs the conservative nonprofit group Crossroads GPS, which has spent heavily in swing states in support of Romney, focused on the recent Gallup tracking numbers, showing they suggested Obama would hit a ceiling of 48 percent support.

Karl Rove's Prediction: Mitt Romney Wins 285 Electoral Votes to President Obama's 253

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRtgSK_PgY4

HAPPY2BME

KARL ROVE REARS HIS HEAD AGAIN - Motion demands Cruz be removed from Illinois ballot Republican lawyer 'terrified' unresolved status might open door to Democrat victory

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Samuel T. Francis

This isn't exactly something we should be cheering seeing fulfilled (as I'm seeing a lot do lately without really understanding Francis). I'm really not sure why Conservatives cling to him because he was a rabid anti-Capitalist and against free markets- always talking about how profits should be reigned in or forced to be redistributed to the middle. He called Capitalism an old bourgeois economic formula and said the that defense of capitalism is not a conservative issue. ("The Intellectual Incoherence of Conservatism.").

He is latched on to by many neoconfederates (like Buckley called them) because of his promotion of racial identity and many who call themselves paleocons because his calls verge on almost a nationalist authoritarian state (get rid of trappings of democracy for someone who will yield minimalist power with maximum force). He called it Anarcho-tyranny (as if that was a positive thing).

He wanted this populist/nationalist movement to bring about his Anarcho-tyranny vision. He wanted the end of Capitalism and free markets to a tightly centrally controlled nationalism based market.

Seeing what he wanted fulfilled is almost as bad as seeing what Marx wanted fulfilled. It is that full circle of politics that is often mentioned (you swing far enough to the right you'll end up back on the extreme left).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:01:24 pm by AbaraXas »

HAPPY2BME

Seeing what he wanted fulfilled is almost as bad as seeing what Marx wanted fulfilled. It is that full circle of politics that is often mentioned (you swing far enough to the right you'll end up back on the extreme left).

=======================================

If nothing else, I am in complete and total agreement with the last comment.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
.... It is that full circle of politics that is often mentioned (you swing far enough to the right you'll end up back on the extreme left).

Nope.  That's an oft-repeated lie that seems to make sense after enough repetitions.  And, it might be true of European right/leftism, and which is another reason to reject europeanism.

The left tends towards facism/oligarchism/big government.  The right tends towards anarchy/small government/individual liberty.  Ain't no circle there.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Nope.  That's an oft-repeated lie that seems to make sense after enough repetitions.  And, it might be true of European right/leftism, and which is another reason to reject europeanism.

The left tends towards facism/oligarchism/big government.  The right tends towards anarchy/small government/individual liberty.  Ain't no circle there.

But that's exactly what Samuel Francis wanted and where we seem to be heading (and sadly what many Trump fans seem to be cheering with the oft repeated quote upthread- even Rush quoted it in almost praise not really understanding what Francis wanted (or if he did understand that is more disturbing)). He called it Anarcho-tyranny.  He wanted a very strong, centralized nationalism driven market dictator (for lack of a better term) who allowed the trappings of laissez-faire in most other areas. Everything should work towards the national interest and the republic set aside for a strong centralized ruling system to make that happen, but gives them the belief they have maximum individual liberty (which they don't if the engine behind that- the capital market, is so highly controlled).

Offline katzenjammer

This isn't exactly something we should be cheering seeing fulfilled (as I'm seeing a lot do lately without really understanding Francis). I'm really not sure why Conservatives cling to him because he was a rabid anti-Capitalist and against free markets- always talking about how profits should be reigned in or forced to be redistributed to the middle. He called Capitalism an old bourgeois economic formula and said the that defense of capitalism is not a conservative issue. ("The Intellectual Incoherence of Conservatism.").

He is latched on to by many neoconfederates (like Buckley called them) because of his promotion of racial identity and many who call themselves paleocons because his calls verge on almost a nationalist authoritarian state (get rid of trappings of democracy for someone who will yield minimalist power with maximum force). He called it Anarcho-tyranny (as if that was a positive thing).

He wanted this populist/nationalist movement to bring about his Anarcho-tyranny vision. He wanted the end of Capitalism and free markets to a tightly centrally controlled nationalism based market.

I don't know all that much about this Francis fellow, and never heard of him before Rush brought up the article the other day.  So, I will accept all that you say about him as the truth. 

But, I will try to use your post to illustrate something that I think, many are missing about what is going on.  Many seem to be searching for some level of "purity" in candidates, their surrogates, and even dead people referenced in this primary season.  The line of thinking goes something along the lines of: "Well if person-X said this, you must realize that person-X also said this, that, and the other thing in the past."  And hence attempt to devalue the "this" statement that is currently being discussed.  (And also leads to the "shoot the messenger" type of tactics being used from all sides.)

I think that some people (myself included) don't really mind the fact that the person-X may have said other things in the past (be they contrary, antagonistic, etc.), and rather just deal with the "this" statement.  And I think that this fact is very frustrating to many that have a vested interest in arguing against the "this" statement, either directly or obliquely.

For example, I really like Dr. Ron Paul, I voted for him in the 2012 primary (my personal form of a protest vote!).  I agree with a lot of things that Dr. Paul has said in the past, and I disagree with some other things that he said.  So I am perfectly comfortable with standing by his statements about the role of the Fed, even though I may disagree with some tenets of his non-intraventionist policies as relevant to the present day geopolitical landscape.  It even goes further, if one were to accept the rumors and innuendo that have been thrown around about him being "racist" or "anti-Israel" as fact, it still doesn't reduce or eliminate my support for his views on the Fed.

I'm pretty sure that Rush had the same line of thought regrading the Francis article from 1996.  The particular point that Francis was making, and that Rush highlighted, was the only reason the article was being discussed.  No one really cares what else Francis may have said or done in the past.

Another current example, some people think that Glenn Beck at Waterloo is a kiss of death for Cruz's campaign and that Beck has descended into a madman at this point.  Others still love Glenn Beck and view him as a voice of reason and "conservatism."  But almost all of agree that Moron Trivia sucks!

I'm not making a judgement on who may be "right" or "wrong" in this particular case, or when it is abstracted to the more general.  Just my personal musings as I try to figure out: "What the hell is going on in this world!" 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 04:44:21 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
But that's exactly what Samuel Francis wanted and where we seem to be heading (and sadly what many Trump fans seem to be cheering with the oft repeated quote upthread- even Rush quoted it in almost praise not really understanding what Francis wanted (or if he did understand that is more disturbing)). He called it Anarcho-tyranny.  He wanted a very strong, centralized nationalism driven market dictator (for lack of a better term) who allowed the trappings of laissez-faire in most other areas. Everything should work towards the national interest and the republic set aside for a strong centralized ruling system to make that happen, but gives them the belief they have maximum individual liberty (which they don't if the engine behind that- the capital market, is so highly controlled).

Like Katzenjammer, I don't know anything about this Francis guy and am just trying to figure out what's going on (to quote the big T).  Anarcho-tyranny, huh?  Well, first off, the second word negates the first.  Maybe someone can make it fit in theoretical terms, but it doesn't work in the real world.  Sort of like cold fusion.  Maybe someday, but not with the materials and tools we have today.

HAPPY2BME

The right tends towards anarchy/small government/individual liberty.

====================================

Did you mean to say that?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I did.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Yes, I've read that philosophy here before.

Every man is incapable of bearing the personal responsibility that comes with total freedom/liberty. 

I was going to say that the right tends toward 'Honor Payment' jars like you see on some country road corn/fruit stands.

We all understand where the Left's hedonism will take us.

OTOH...there was a reason they hung horse thieves and cattle rustlers.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Well said and absolutely true!  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
katzenjammer wrote above:
"I don't know all that much about this Francis fellow, and never heard of him before Rush brought up the article the other day.  So, I will accept all that you say about him as the truth."

My advice, is -- don't. Take what AbraraXas wrote above as such, that is.

Instead, read some more about what Mr. Francis said from a very controversial site:
http://www.amren.com/features/2016/01/strangers-in-their-own-country/

One of the best articles on the "Trump popular insurgency" that I've seen.

Offline GAJohnnie

My advice, is -- don't. Take what AbraraXas wrote above as such, that is.

Instead, read some more about what Mr. Francis said from a very controversial site:
http://www.amren.com/features/2016/01/strangers-in-their-own-country/

One of the best articles on the "Trump popular insurgency" that I've see
n.

The “Message from MARS” seems to be that Americans are tired of dispossession, do not trust the establishments of either party, and want a future for their children.

Yep, very good article
[/quote]