Author Topic: As Trump woos primary voters, New York records indicate he has NEVER voted in a Republican presidential primary (and neither have Ivanka or Melania!)  (Read 2053 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3410858/As-Trump-woos-primary-voters-New-York-records-indicate-NEVER-voted-Republican-presidential-primary.html

Trump's voting record from New York was obtained by DailyMail.com
Only primary elections on the list were from mayoral and Senate contests
He has voted consistently in general elections, but not primaries
Same can be said of his daughter Ivanka and wife Melania
Trump is leading in nearly every statewide and national GOP primary pol

ruh roh!

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
He hasn't voted in many primaries period.  I haven't voted in many primaries either...need some impetus to leave work.

But why must we resort to the foreign press to find out such things these days?

And you aren't running for President!

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:48:25 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump has not voted in primaries????!!!!   888ohnoes

HAPPY2BME

You can look at this one of two ways:

#1:  Trump is a stealth operative sent by the Democrats to destroy the Republican Party.

#2:  Trump didn't 'participate' because he had no interest in running for the POTUS.

Offline flowers

Because our media is controlled by the white house.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
You can look at this one of two ways:

#1:  Trump is a stealth operative sent by the Democrats to destroy the Republican Party.

#2:  Trump didn't 'participate' because he had no interest in running for the POTUS.

True on #2...career politicians usually take care of details like that...the rest of us in the work world...well, we need a real reason sometimes.

...Bob Dylan

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS

And you aren't running for President!

Oh Lordy, how to ruin a life!!!

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

Oh Lordy, how to ruin a life!!!

===============================

Think about it.

Who in their right mind would want to be the POTUS?

Wingnut

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
2010 was probably for the gubernatorial primary. Carl Paladino was likewise a wealthy property developer; it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that Trump voted for Carl. 2013 was the mayoral primary, by which point he'd toyed with running for office at least twice; I don't know who he would have supported in that race. There typically aren't a lot of statewide Republican primaries in New York so that's probably why you didn't see more in the 2000s and 1990s.

It's still peculiar that he NEVER voted in a presidential primary at all given his consistent record in voting in general elections, even in the midterms. He may not have even voted for President in those general elections if he didn't vote at all in the primaries; he may have just selected downballot positions such as Congress and state legislature positions.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Well, it could also be that the NY primary is usually after Super Tuesday---so  the candidate is pretty set by then.  I know Republican New Yorkers who have never voted in a primary.  They didn't see the point.     :shrug:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 02:29:24 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well, it could also be that the NY primary is after Super Tuesday---so  the candidate is pretty set by then.  I know Republican New Yorkers who have never voted in a primary.  They didn't see the point.     :shrug:

How many of them are running to be president under the republican banner?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Come on, Bigun.  Trump's been a politician for 12 seconds.  Private citizens don't worry about their primary voting records; only career politicians do that. 

Offline katzenjammer

I don't think that many people bother to vote in the primaries in those late states, contests are usually long over by the time they hold their primaries or presidential preference polls.   :shrug:

Offline musiclady

Patriots vote in Primaries.

Period.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Fascinating how Trump supporters will defend everything he does, regardless of what opinion they had before Trump was their candidate......

If you believed a candidate should be moral, you no longer believe a candidate should be moral.
If you believed a candidate should be conservative, you no longer believe a candidate should be a conservative.
If you believed a candidate should be consistent and have core values, you no longer believe a candidate should be consistent and have core values.

It's the most remarkable transformation/removal of political beliefs I've ever seen.

And all because Donald Trump (liberal) is running for President.

Yikes.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:09:01 am by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline flowers

Fascinating how Trump supporters will defend everything he does, regardless of what opinion they had before Trump was their candidate......

If you believed a candidate should be moral, you no longer believe a candidate should be moral.
If you believed a candidate should be conservative, you no longer believe a candidate should be a conservative.
If you believed a candidate should be consistent and have core values, you no longer believe a candidate should be consistent and have core values.

It's the most remarkable transformation/removal of political beliefs I've ever seen.

Yikes.
how many state secrets has trump sold? how many people have died on his watch? how many women has he raped and let his wife intimate and thoroughly destroy? How many assets have been killed because of his private emails where not secure, only for money? 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:29:31 am by flowers »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

how many state secrets has trump sold? how many people have died on his watch? how many women has he raped and let his wife intimate and thoroughly destroy? How many assets have been killed because of his private emails where not secure, only for money?
flowers you could ask those same questions of any GOP candidate.

Let me ask you rhetorically how many primaries you have skipped.  I say rhetorically because I know the answer is none or almost none.

Amiright?

I'm guessing that is true for almost all of the posters at this forum.  Why?  Because we give a damn about our country and our government.

Offline musiclady

Not sure where you're going with that, flowers.............. that Trump isn't a Clinton?

OBVIOUSLY, he's not that bad.  But our standards ought to be as high as they can so that the most exemplary man/woman represents us in the general election.

I have a sinking feeling we're going to be settling for a sad substitute for honor this time around.

But let me tell you this........... whenever the primary is settled by the time Ohio votes, I STILL vote.  I ALWAYS vote.  I sure didn't vote for John McCain, even though the election was settled, but I voted.

It is my sacred duty to my country to let my voice be heard.

And I DO think less of those who don't take the privilege of voting seriously.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
flowers you could ask those same questions of any GOP candidate.

Let me ask you rhetorically how many primaries you have skipped.  I say rhetorically because I know the answer is none or almost none.

Amiright?

I'm guessing that is true for almost all of the posters at this forum.  Why?  Because we give a damn about our country and our government.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :beer:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

Yikes.

Classic symptoms of a cult of personality.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

Classic symptoms of a cult of personality.

No argument here.

Though the politics are different, it's a very similar scenario to 2008.

Offline aligncare

2010 was probably for the gubernatorial primary. Carl Paladino was likewise a wealthy property developer; it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that Trump voted for Carl. 2013 was the mayoral primary, by which point he'd toyed with running for office at least twice; I don't know who he would have supported in that race. There typically aren't a lot of statewide Republican primaries in New York so that's probably why you didn't see more in the 2000s and 1990s.

It's still peculiar that he NEVER voted in a presidential primary at all given his consistent record in voting in general elections, even in the midterms. He may not have even voted for President in those general elections if he didn't vote at all in the primaries; he may have just selected downballot positions such as Congress and state legislature positions.

And wouldn't we have been much better off had Paladino won and not Cuomo?

By the way, turnout was 35.5% in that election. Pitiful.

Offline aligncare

You go, girl!

:thumbsup: