Author Topic: The Ted Cruz pile on: GOP senators warn of revolt should he win nomination  (Read 1528 times)

Offline katzenjammer

Re: The Ted Cruz pile on: GOP senators warn of revolt should he win nomination
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 12:16:04 am »
And some Republicans and Independents will consider him to be- - -

Cruz R-Alberta Canada

And not risking going any further, over eligibility alone.

Far beyond that, Cruz's campaign better make sure that they keep their eyes on the membership of the Rules and Credentials Committees now being drafted for the Convention.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 12:23:06 am »
Far beyond that, Cruz's campaign better make sure that they keep their eyes on the membership of the Rules and Credentials Committees now being drafted for the Convention.

:amen: You got that right! You can bet they are going to try to sneak some small detail in there that will cripple him.

Or anyone else not a cog in the system.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 12:42:59 am »

This is an interesting comment, it also rings true. I remember that about Reagan. How he frequently met and talked with opposition party leaders. Recall Reagan and Tip O'Neil often had drinks together after work. Reagan was himself a great dealmaker. He compromised a bit, but got a lot of what he wanted.

This is exactly what I envision Donald Trump doing.

McCain added: "He talks a lot about Ronald Reagan. One of things that Ronald Reagan did when he came to office was heavily court Republicans and Democrats. ... I don't see Sen. Cruz being able to do that."

Offline Longiron

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 12:57:14 am »
Wow.  Graham is besides himself right now.  He went so far as to state that a Trump or Cruz win would be like getting shot or poisoned.!!

I think the GOPe is not only in a panic, but they no that their days are numbered.  Happy Days Are Just Around the Corner.  Perhaps now they realize what it felt like for many us to have to hold our nose and pull the lever for McCain so that Obama wouldn't win.  I hate to say it, but a terrible thought just ran through my mind.  With a much disdain that the Senate has for Cruz and as much as he threatens their gravy train ride ... I hope Cruz has adequate body guard protection.

Anyone think a 3rd Party is out of question?? just saying! UNIPARTY does not work! :patriot:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 01:02:44 am »
This is an interesting comment, it also rings true. I remember that about Reagan. How he frequently met and talked with opposition party leaders. Recall Reagan and Tip O'Neil often had drinks together after work. Reagan was himself a great dealmaker. He compromised a bit, but got a lot of what he wanted.

This is exactly what I envision Donald Trump doing.

McCain added: "He talks a lot about Ronald Reagan. One of things that Ronald Reagan did when he came to office was heavily court Republicans and Democrats. ... I don't see Sen. Cruz being able to do that." 

Worth repeating - - - and remembering!!

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 01:09:31 am »
Anyone think a 3rd Party is out of question?? just saying! UNIPARTY does not work! :patriot:

??? Not understanding why you feel there is a need.  Trump is polling way ahead ... why would he want to run third party?  Cruz is next in line -- waiting for the votes to come in to see who is the leader in Iowa.  I think it is far too late for a 3rd party run anyways.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:09:58 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 01:17:22 am »

ABSOLUTELY!!! They will ALWAYS tell you who they fear!

I've been telling folks here for a LONG time that the inside the betway bastards will do ANYTHING to protect their little but extremely profitable game and they will prove it!

They genuinely FEAR Cruz! Trump not so much!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 01:24:59 am »
ABSOLUTELY!!! They will ALWAYS tell you who they fear!

I've been telling folks here for a LONG time that the inside the betway bastards will do ANYTHING to protect their little but extremely profitable game and they will prove it!

They genuinely FEAR Cruz! Trump not so much!

They fear Cruz because they know that he cannot be bought and can not be persuaded to compromise his principles and integrity.  They fear Trump because they are unsure if they can get him to go along with the cartel.  They fear both of them because their popularity was never supposed to happen and their plan of action has been greatly disrupted.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2016, 01:28:49 am »
They fear Cruz because they know that he cannot be bought and can not be persuaded to compromise his principles and integrity.  They fear Trump because they are unsure if they can get him to go along with the cartel.  They fear both of them because their popularity was never supposed to happen and their plan of action has been greatly disrupted.
Hence why they're trying the Goldman Sachs line. Of course, there's a much greater difference between taking out a loan with a bank your wife works at, and exchanging favors for campaign contributions. Cruz will have to pay Goldman Sachs back in actual cash, not in favors, if he hasn't already.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 01:28:55 am »
I think the GOPe is not only in a panic, but they no that their days are numbered. 

========================================

GOPe + Chamber of Commerce = AMNESTY FOR OVER TEN MILLION * VOTING * ILLEGAL ALIENS

How is that going to work?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 01:34:12 am »
...Cruz will have to pay Goldman Sachs back in actual cash, not in favors, if he hasn't already.

^-^ Nailed it!

Online libertybele

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 01:38:59 am »
  ^-^ Nailed it!

If I am understanding the situation correctly; he reported the loan on one form and not another ... when it was asked during the debate even Trump let it go ... if Trump felt there was something there he would have been all over him...and you know it.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 01:55:32 am »

=======================================

Unless you have nine or ten extra billion discretionary (loose) dollars of your own personal money laying around then yeah, a third party is out of the question.

This government is the best money can buy, regardless of the snake that comes out of the hole the day after the election is over.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 02:11:01 am »
If I am understanding the situation correctly; he reported the loan on one form and not another ... when it was asked during the debate even Trump let it go ... if Trump felt there was something there he would have been all over him...and you know it.

I feel certain that is something we can all count on.

Not that it will keep Mrs Bubba from trying to make mileage on it,which would be the height of hypocrisy.

Personally,I just can't see  her having the guts to face either Trump or Cruz in a one on one debate. I am still predicting that before that happens,she will have stepped down "for health reasons",and be replaced. *I* am predicting that Goober Gore will be the most likely suspect. Sure,he is an idiot,but he can be taught to repeat words like a parrot,and many,many Dims still honestly believe he beat Boy Jorge and was robbed. That means he would have it all from the Dim POV. He is a rabid environmentalist as well as being a rabid idiot,he is a vic-tum of dirty deeds when the wascaly Republicans dun stolen an election from him. Plus he had the name and visual recongition to hit the campaign trail at full speed. Nobody needs to learn anything about him to either be for or against him.

Laugh if you want,but Goober would be tough to beat.  Not only does he have all of the above going for him,he is one of the worlds most accomplished liars because he is literally too stupid to know the difference between the truth and a lie.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 02:18:52 am »
=======================================

Unless you have nine or ten extra billion discretionary (loose) dollars of your own personal money laying around then yeah, a third party is out of the question.

This government is the best money can buy, regardless of the snake that comes out of the hole the day after the election is over.

I think time is also a factor because if it is already too late to get on the ballots of all 50 states,you are hosed.

I am ALMOST certain the Big Chiefs in the DNC and RNC can get their minions together and agree to support one of their candidates after the cut-off date,but no way do i see them allowing a 3rd Party Candidate do it.