Author Topic: Dangerous Winter Storm Jonas to Bring Crippling Snowstorm, Major Ice Threat; Blizzard Warnings for D.C., Baltimore  (Read 7571 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Charlespg

Some jackass threw this guy out at my nearby restaurant this morning
10:30am and 30 degrees outside  frozen rain and snow  :chairbang:

Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline DCPatriot

That's so wrong, weather aside.

Hope you can help him/her.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

There isn't a dungeon dark or deep enough for that insensitive, uncaring HUMAN.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Poor puppy!  Looks to be in good shape, though.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Southern Maryland, between DC and Baltimore............. less than an hour ago.....

On the positive side, is there a realistic chance this could keep govt. workers at home for a few days in Wash. DC ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

Dang....cutie. I sometimes despise  the human race.  Are you keeping it?

Offline flowers

Blizzard brings nearly 20 inches of snow and 50 mph winds, as 3 die across NYC while shoveling; Cuomo shuts down travel

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/gov-cuomo-declare-state-emergency-blizzard-article-1.2506950

wow they did get slammed. They got one right for a change. Stay safe if you live in those areas.

Wingnut

10:30am and 30 degrees outside  frozen rain and snow

Will you just Look at that face.  Hoping for the best for this 4 legged little buddy.   

Offline Charlespg

Dang....cutie. I sometimes despise  the human race.  Are you keeping it?
have him in my house as we speak ...I have one dog  already but will  likely keep this guy if I cant find a home for him

Offline flowers

have him in my house as we speak ...I have one dog  already but will  likely keep this guy if I cant find a home for him
:bighug: :kisses2:  If I lived alone I would have more than one poochie. God Bless Ya! My present dog and the last one I had was not wanted.  They both great dogs. My present one is my avatar here.

Offline flowers

Three killed in New York as city shuts down to cope with Jonas: Cars banned; trains cancelled and Broadway shows closed - as New Jersey battles FLOODS and power loss

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3413454/Now-come-FLOODS-New-Jersey-warned-rising-tides-make-Jonas-worse-state-emergency-declared-New-York.html

Winter storm Jonas is battering the East Coast with 'life-threatening blizzard conditions' and powerful winds
    Coastal flooding has already been reported in the state and power outages have affected 80,000 people
    New Jersey governor Chris Christie has warned residents to stay off the roads and remain indoors during the storm
    The last trains on the Long Island Railroad and exterior subway services will stop running at 4pm on Saturday
    NYPD Chief James P. O'Neill said police have towed 300 vehicles in the city and responded to over 300 accidents
    Officials announced that there have been three shoveling-related deaths in New York City
    Visit New York's Severe Weather website for information and advice on how to stay safe during the storm
    See our full news coverage on New York as it faces winter storm Jonas at www.dailymail.co.uk/nyc

Here is a shocker, I am actually watching.......msnbc!! :laugh:  Most I have watched that channel in years. Pretty good storm coverage.

Offline flowers

'The storm of a generation': Jonas leaves 17 dead; 8,700 flights axed; hundreds of cars stranded overnight; TWO FOOT of snow in DC and 19 inches in Manhattan, as 85million are told 'stay inside!'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3413634/Jonas-leaves-ten-dead-8-500-flights-axed-hundreds-cars-stranded-overnight-TWO-FOOT-snow-DC-ten-inches-Manhattan.html

'Life-threatening' storm Jonas continues to batter the East Coast today having reached New York and New Jersey
    Thousands of flights have been cancelled while motorists in Kentucky became stranded in a 35-mile traffic jam
    One in seven Americans is expected to see half a foot of snow by Sunday and Washington state could get four feet
    New York has banned all road travel, canceled all bus services, and shut overground parts of the subway
    The city is currently receiving three inches of snow an hour with up to 24 inches expected by the end of today
    Sixteen people have been killed nationwide in weather-related accidents, according to police departments
    Coastal flooding has been reported in New Jersey while Virginia police responded to 1,000 crashes overnight
    Do you want to send us your own pictures of Jonas? If so, email nypictures@dailymail.co.uk

Offline musiclady

On the positive side, is there a realistic chance this could keep govt. workers at home for a few days in Wash. DC ??

There's no way....... NO way.......... anyone living anywhere near DC is going to get into the city Monday, IMO.  When I think of our son's neighborhood in MD, it probably won't get plowed for days.  He takes the metro into work, but the above ground part of it will probably be closed for a few days too.

The world will be saved from the US government at least ONE day this month.  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

My son Adam asked me if I thought he'd be closed on Monday.

Told him he's not going anywhere till at least Tuesday....normal driving conditions with visible pavement.

The temperatures are going to remain above freezing during the day, which will help, but make undisturbed snow very heavy.

Be careful out there....

Offline Charlespg

:bighug: :kisses2:  If I lived alone I would have more than one poochie. God Bless Ya! My present dog and the last one I had was not wanted.  They both great dogs. My present one is my avatar here.
Yeah found my other dog scooter dumped on my NC farm 15 years ago

so far so good    (new dog )he might to someone in town but I think those idiots in the pickup threw him out

Offline flowers

Yeah found my other dog scooter dumped on my NC farm 15 years ago

so far so good    (new dog )he might to someone in town but I think those idiots in the pickup threw him out
thank you for pictures. I was told once they know......they do know when they are not wanted and you get them. Fredd follows me room to room some days. Had nothing to do with the cheeseburger I gave him when I first got him..... :whistle:  Tasha was the same way.... I was her human. We got her around July 05  from one of her former owners. They beat her and treated her badly, I found  that out after we had her. The day we got her I put her bed by the front door and her bowls in the kitchen. I thought she would run off to her previous owners place. she never did. She even started to speak. She had never did that before.

Offline DCPatriot

I love you, flowers!     :patriot:

Offline Carling

You're a good person!!   :beer:

We already have two dogs (labs), a cat to keep the field rodents away, and various others at times for the kids (hamsters/frogs/snake have been a part of this zoo in the past. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

I don't think I've ever told you all that I trained my now 11 year-old choco lab to be a competitive Dock Dog!  This is from our cabin when he was 5!

My wife took this photo as I was training him.

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I don't think I've ever told you all that I trained my now 11 year-old choco lab to be a competitive Dock Dog!  This is from our cabin when he was 5!

Nice!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is a nice thread..we should do a weekend thread every week just to chat...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Offline flowers

sweeet! 

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
This is a nice thread..we should do a weekend thread every week just to chat...

It would be nice, kind of like a coffeehouse thing. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!