Author Topic: Dangerous Winter Storm Jonas to Bring Crippling Snowstorm, Major Ice Threat; Blizzard Warnings for D.C., Baltimore  (Read 7603 times)

Offline PzLdr

Long Island's supposed to get 15-22 inches, with a possibility of less out here on the East End. Doesn't look like it out the window, though.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline mountaineer

Saturday, January 23, 2016
Check Your White Privilege

In this the eighth year of Barry’s historic, post-racial presidency, history is about to be made again. A blizzard! In January! And even this historic event is marred by ongoing racism in America. I mean, DC is practically buried in white privilege today.

Yeah, I said it: white privilege (WP). And while the Snow gods are trying hard to spread the wealth around, some people are going to get way more than their fair share. As usual this unfair distribution will impact minorities and women the most as they attempt to stock up on necessities to weather the storm.

The mostly male yutes elbow women and children out of their way as they stock up on essentials at the liquor store.    ...

Read the rest at Michelle Obama's Mirror
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

Been stuck inside only two-hours and already I'm going crazy...I miss my morning excursion into my 75 acre park up the street.

:dammit:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hope you have enough butter aligncare..... :whistle:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

I've got some back up in my freezer – just in case! LOL!

Offline musiclady

Son just reported in at 2 feet, just a bit NE of DC.  It's BEAUTIFUL, and I'm jealous!

We've only gotten a bit of wind and a few flurries way up here.....    :shrug:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
The view from my home office window at present.

Offline mrclose

Started sleeting (sounded like heavy rain showers) last night, after seven inches of snow.

The sleet came down for hours, along with 30mph winds.

Snow showers started up again this morning with a forecast of another seven inches and up to 50 mph winds!

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline aligncare

I always find myself thinking and worrying about the feral cat colony in my local park when the weather gets this bad, this cold.  8888crybaby

Offline mountaineer

At least it's good for something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
OK I am here in sunny, relatively warm, Vegas. So the emperor has no clothes (doesn't really need them).

But last week I went to The Revenant. This week I see Chris Christie and Andrew Cuomo on TV for hours instructing, as if to children, how to act when it snows for two days.  A snow storm is now a very good reason for our political "fathers" to wax for hours about what the children should do (stay home, stay warm, be safe).  A snowstorm is a major governmental-action event.  The juxtaposition with the America of 1823 is pretty stark.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline aligncare

OK I am here in sunny, relatively warm, Vegas. So the emperor has no clothes (doesn't really need them).

But last week I went to The Revenant. This week I see Chris Christie and Andrew Cuomo on TV for hours instructing, as if to children, how to act when it snows for two days.  A snow storm is now a very good reason for our political "fathers" to wax for hours about what the children should do (stay home, stay warm, be safe).  A snowstorm is a major governmental-action event.  The juxtaposition with the America of 1823 is pretty stark.

Loved your analysis.

Gee, I don't know how I survived the hazards of going out to the mailbox this morning?

Well, my fingers did get cold. But, they were so cold I couldn't dial 911. And that left me very afraid.

Offline musiclady

You don't even have to go back very far to realize how precipitously the nanny state has descended upon us.

All you have to do is remember what it was like being a kid in the 1950's when we were still FREE.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Come on, Myst.....that's not fair!

How can you make French Toast or crepes with no butter?    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Come on, Myst.....that's not fair!

How can you make French Toast or crepes with no butter?    :laugh:

Crepes?.....is that what you make during blizzards..lol..

btw..I could not live without butter...always keep a couple of packages in my freezer for emergencies..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Crepes?.....is that what you make during blizzards..lol..

btw..I could not live without butter...always keep a couple of packages in my freezer for emergencies..lol

LOL!

Leesburg, Virginia just passed the 30 inch mark and have just decided to suspend all snow removal until further notice.

Leesburg is about a 30 minute drive WEST from the Washington, DC Beltway.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
LOL!

Leesburg, Virginia just passed the 30 inch mark and have just decided to suspend all snow removal until further notice.

Leesburg is about a 30 minute drive WEST from the Washington, DC Beltway.

Sounds like maybe Mordor is closed down too?

Offline flowers

I remember when I was a child the weather sometimes it would be snow storms. Other times it was the heat. I remember power outages in the east at times. Tornadoes all types of weather. Watching Cnn last night for their weather coverage was almost funny. Telling all to stay indoors meanwhile in the background you could see a guy ridding his bike and people walking around normally.

Offline Carling

I never did trust these guys.

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

I remember when I was a child the weather sometimes it would be snow storms. Other times it was the heat. I remember power outages in the east at times. Tornadoes all types of weather. Watching Cnn last night for their weather coverage was almost funny. Telling all to stay indoors meanwhile in the background you could see a guy ridding his bike and people walking around normally.

Always my favorite storm coverage video.

"Are these Holy Men, Michelle?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgm3_jzcNm4
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 07:12:41 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline flowers

Always my favorite storm coverage video.

"Are these Holy Men, Michelle?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgm3_jzcNm4
That is the best. One other was when a newscaster was saying how horrible flooding was.....then 3 people come flying by on seedos.

Offline musiclady

Southern Maryland, between DC and Baltimore............. less than an hour ago.....

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
That is the best. One other was when a newscaster was saying how horrible flooding was.....then 3 people come flying by on seedos.

I liked it when Shep Smith fell on his a$$ while he was bloviating out in a tornado.

:laughingdog: :mauslaff: 000hehehehe :happyhappy: :bigsilly:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Wow, Musiclady!   That's a lot of snow!

Stay warm.

Offline musiclady

Wow, Musiclady!   That's a lot of snow!

Stay warm.

I'm in Ohio, and we have a bout an inch on the ground.  That's our son's photo right outside DC.  They're going to be buried for quite a while, methinks!