Author Topic: Palin takes heat from veterans for using son's arrest, PTSD to criticize Obama  (Read 330 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/21/palin-takes-heats-from-veterans-for-using-sons-arrest-ptsd-to-criticize-obama.html?intcmp=trending

Sarah Palin is taking heat from veterans for seeming to point the finger at President Obama over mental issues her son may be dealing with following his Iraq war service.

Her son Track was arrested earlier this week on domestic violence charges, and Palin publicly addressed the case Wednesday during a post-endorsement appearance on the campaign trail for Donald Trump. She appeared to link his alleged behavior to post-traumatic stress disorder – and used it to criticize Obama’s veteran policies. 

But Paul Rieckhoff, the head of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA), criticized the former Alaska governor’s comments Wednesday night.

He tweeted: “We need more programs and less politics to battle PTSD.”

Speaking with NBC News, he also said, “"It's not President Obama's fault that Sarah Palin's son has PTSD.”

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/01/21/palin-takes-heats-from-veterans-for-using-sons-arrest-ptsd-to-criticize-obama.html?intcmp=trending

Well, I thought she may be stretching things when she tried to make the correlation; however, I'm sure vets have questioned Hussein's leadership, or lack thereof.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.