Author Topic: Trump: I Suggested Palin Talk About Son's PTSD, Domestic Violence Arrest  (Read 254 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=710282

Newsmax
Trump: I Suggested Palin Talk About Son's PTSD, Domestic Violence Arrest
Thursday, January 21, 2016 09:13 AM

By: Cathy Burke

Donald Trump says he "actually suggested" Sarah Palin talk about her son's domestic violence arrest and post-traumatic stress disorder because "it's something very important to discuss."

In a call-in interview with CNN's Don Lemon on Wednesday, Trump called the issue of PTSD among military veterans "a very important dialogue" to have.

"I told her . . . it's something very important to discuss not just for her son, but for so many other sons and daughters coming back from the Middle East where they have traumatic problems," Trump said.

"I actually suggested it. I know she started the dialogue and it's a very important dialogue."

At a rally in Tulsa, Okla., Wednesday Palin said oldest son Track Palin, 26, suffers from PTSD from his Iraqi combat service, and said the root of his issues can be traced to the White House and President Barack Obama.

"They come back hardened," Palin stated. "They come back wondering if there is that respect for what it is that their fellow soldiers and airmen and every other member of the military so sacrificially have given to this country, and that starts at the top," she said.

Trump agreed, decrying the poor quality of the care for vets, and called the Department of Veterans Affairs an illustration of the president's failure.

"Everything starts at the top, and he's the president," he told CNN. "All you have to do is look at the Veterans Administration and look at the bad, the horrible care our veterans get."

"Take a look at the Phoenix Veterans Administration in Phoenix, Ariz. It's a disgrace," he added. "It's a cesspool. It's dishonest and corrupt in every way and incompetent. You have to say ultimately it's the president's charge."

Palin endorsed Trump's presidential campaign on Tuesday night.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34