Author Topic: Long-Time Leaders of Conservative Movement Unite in Support of Ted Cruz  (Read 4381 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Long-Time Leaders of Conservative Movement Unite in Support of Ted Cruz
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 09:54:10 pm »
For perspective, I recall Viguere endorsing Romney in '08.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 09:55:43 pm »
Actually you have that exactly backwards. Outside of a Court room, Cruz has only talked. He has accomplished ZERO politically other then tag alone on other people's work.
Excuse me?

Who was he "tagging alone (sic)" when he held up the Senate trying to stop Obamacare when no one else would?

Look, if we were talking governmental accomplishments, Scott Walker and Bobby Jindal would be frontrunners at this point. Yet both have left the race. We're left with people like Jeb and Kasich, who accomplished all the wrong things as Governors.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:57:00 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 10:01:02 pm »
Curious about what that comment about the Millennials is based upon? 

From my anecdotal experiences (a few rallies and debate watch parties, looking at people driving the cars/trucks with the Trump stickers on them, people's ball cap choices, chatting up folks in the stores, etc.), it seems that there are a fair amount of folks that appear to be in the Millennials demographic.  I would agree that Trump's largest demographic skews to 40+, but I am seeing more and more younger people getting on board.  It may be that the Gulf Coast of Central Florida is not representative of the nation as a whole.   :shrug:

Go to Cracked. Biggest humour website for Millennials that exists. Poke around in the forums, not just on the main page - though you'll see plenty of anti Trump articles there. It's a fairly representative sample, and with a huge audience and user base is a pretty good indicator of trends. Not perfect, by any means, but indicative.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 10:02:17 pm »
Go to Cracked. Biggest humour website for Millennials that exists. Poke around in the forums, not just on the main page - though you'll see plenty of anti Trump articles there. It's a fairly representative sample, and with a huge audience and user base is a pretty good indicator of trends. Not perfect, by any means, but indicative.

Ok, never heard of it, but I trust your take on it!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 10:11:04 pm »
 :beer:

I used to write for them from time to time, back when it was more humorous information based articles. Don't now, but do sort of keep an eye :P

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 10:57:18 pm »

Yeah, I keep forgetting those millennials--who voted for The One, who play pincushion to a half dozen body piercings in parts too delicate to mention, and whose claim to greatness is perfecting recumbent bicycles and inventing ways to inject beer and flavored nicotine rapidly into the body bypassing all control mechanisms--yeah, those millennials.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2016, 11:06:33 pm »
Yeah. Those Millennials. The ones who's votes count exactly as much as yours, but who are normally too lazy to vote - unless they got a reason.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2016, 11:23:04 pm »
Yeah. Those Millennials. The ones who's votes count exactly as much as yours, but who are normally too lazy to vote - unless they got a reason.

A beer bong party at the polling station? Barf bags and designated drivers provided free!

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2016, 11:28:20 pm »
A beer bong party at the polling station? Barf bags and designated drivers provided free!

I missed it.  Why do the millennials hate Trump?  I thought they would be in his corner.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2016, 11:31:29 pm »
I missed it.  Why do the millennials hate Trump?  I thought they would be in his corner.

You'd think they would be since they tend to value hype over substance...........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2016, 11:49:33 pm »
You'd think they would be since they tend to value hype over substance...........

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 01:06:06 am »
Quote from: musiclady on Today at 06:31:29 PM

:beer: :beer:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 01:07:10 am »
Yeah, I keep forgetting those millennials--who voted for The One, who play pincushion to a half dozen body piercings in parts too delicate to mention, and whose claim to greatness is perfecting recumbent bicycles and inventing ways to inject beer and flavored nicotine rapidly into the body bypassing all control mechanisms--yeah, those millennials.

Aligncare, I'm not sure, but do you have an opinion on millennials? 

:laugh:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 01:30:27 am »
Aligncare, I'm not sure, but do you have an opinion on millennials? 

:laugh:

Meh. I've raised 2 1/2 millennials myself. I paid my dues.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 01:33:22 am »
Meh. I've raised 2 1/2 millennials myself. I paid my dues.

??? ok -- and the 1/2 millennial??

Offline musiclady

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 03:10:39 am »
??? ok -- and the 1/2 millennial??

Yes, I guess I should explain. Big gap between the first, and the second and third. So for some reason #1 is actually closer in personality to a classic hippie/yuppie than a millennial. Hence, 1/2.  :laugh:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 03:16:46 am »
Yes, I guess I should explain. Big gap between the first, and the second and third. So for some reason #1 is actually closer in personality to a classic hippie/yuppie than a millennial. Hence, 1/2.  :laugh:

Gottcha.  I have two children-- one who is ultra conservative but voting for Trump ... the second one went through the liberal college system and has no interest in politics or voting. (sigh ... I tried).

Offline musiclady

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2016, 03:20:06 am »
Gottcha.  I have two children-- one who is ultra conservative but voting for Trump ... the second one went through the liberal college system and has no interest in politics or voting. (sigh ... I tried).

You can't control (nor should we) what grown kids think.

I'm pretty sure that at least one of our four tries to be liberal because her parents were both so conservative.  (She'll get over that).

Out of four, only one is conservative across the board, and he despises Trump.

They each have a mind of their own............. and that's good because sooner or later, they'll figure it out and turn conservative.  ^-^

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2016, 06:03:36 am »
Just a quick correction. Trump does not rest on his laurels. He is a doer 24/7. That's what he does. Anyone who's worked with him knows this. Work and accomplishment is his raison d'ĂȘtre. Talker? Really?

He's dangerous.  You ignore that.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2016, 12:53:46 pm »
He's dangerous.  You ignore that.

Yeah, there is a danger in hiring a workaholic with a Midas touch to be president. He might actually figure a way to pay down the debt, balance the budget, and make China pay for it; after he seizes ISIS oil supplies and forces sanctions back onto Iran, just before freezing the money Obama released... He might even show up on our southern border and supervise the building of the wall using Mexican taxpayers' pesos.   ^-^

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2016, 01:23:12 pm »
Yeah, there is a danger in hiring a workaholic with a Midas touch to be president. He might actually figure a way to pay down the debt, balance the budget, and make China pay for it; after he seizes ISIS oil supplies and forces sanctions back onto Iran, just before freezing the money Obama released... He might even show up on our southern border and supervise the building of the wall using Mexican taxpayers' pesos.   ^-^

:hands:    :hands:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 01:47:34 pm »
Because he's rich and they're not.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2016, 01:54:31 pm »

Yes, and there is a danger in hiring Mussolini, or Hugo Chavez, or Putin to be President.   As NR succinctly put it:

Trump is a philosophically unmoored political opportunist who would trash the broad conservative ideological consensus within the GOP in favor of a free-floating populism with strong-man overtones.

NR is spot on.  Don't lose your soul in your zeal to see the trains run on time.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2016, 02:09:33 pm »
Yes, and there is a danger in hiring Mussolini, or Hugo Chavez, or Putin to be President.   As NR succinctly put it:

NR is spot on.  Don't lose your soul in your zeal to see the trains run on time.

(Needless to say, but...) I disagree that (now isn't this just plain silly?) that Trump is the 21st century Mussolini.

My grandfather lived under Mussolini. He knew Mussolini's character, had him figured out. At family gatherings my grandfather used to curse and rail against Mussolini at the drop of a hat. And let me tell you, Trump is no Mussolini.