Author Topic: Go Home, Sarah. You’re Drunk.  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Go Home, Sarah. You’re Drunk.
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2016, 09:34:02 pm »
Very few radio hosts retire. Howard Stern just renewed.

I still miss Neal Boortz.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2016, 09:38:26 pm »
Actually, I'm glad this article was posted.

Not for the puerile content, but I've had a slight unease about the tone of Red State for a bit now, and this confirms it.  :shrug:

I think that Wolf will soon have people wishing Erickson didn't leave!   :shrug:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2016, 09:43:02 pm »
I think that Wolf will soon have people wishing Erickson didn't leave!   :shrug:

Yep. Didn't always agree with Erickson's slant on things, but he did try to keep the lid on the worst impulses.

Same with Breitbart, really. Andrew would have been absolutely horrified at some of the writers they have now - Milo Yappyshit especially. Andrew liked bomb throwers - not pandering fools.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2016, 09:45:15 pm »
Limbaugh is not retiring. I guarantee he won't.

You may well be right. His ego is not just shtick. It's real. And it sometimes clouds his judgment.

Sadly, I think his best days are behind him.  **nononono*

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2016, 09:45:48 pm »

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2016, 09:52:23 pm »
So do I.

He was never on in the NY area, but I didn't like his show when I've heard it. He reminds me of Jesse Ventura.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2016, 09:57:40 pm »
You may well be right. His ego is not just shtick. It's real. And it sometimes clouds his judgment.

Sadly, I think his best days are behind him.  **nononono*

For the first time in the more than two decades I've been listening to him, I think his judgment is seriously clouded right now.

He's obsessed with Trump, and refuses to detail how Trump's views are opposed to everything Rush has stood for.

You can't ignore your core values and stay on the air.  He's got to recover from this, or he just may not make it as a serious political commentator.  He can stay on as an entertainer, but his authenticity as a spokesman for conservatism is in serious peril.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 02:27:31 am »
He was never on in the NY area, but I didn't like his show when I've heard it. He reminds me of Jesse Ventura.

He wasn't in my area either. I listened to him online. I do all my radio listening online unless I'm in the car.

He didn't remind me of Jesse Ventura. However, I agreed with what one person said about him: One moment you could be cheering him. The next moment you could be screaming at him and angrily changing the station.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 02:28:52 am »
He wasn't in my area either. I listened to him online. I do all my radio listening online unless I'm in the car.

He didn't remind me of Jesse Ventura. However, I agreed with what one person said about him: One moment you could be cheering him. The next moment you could be screaming at him and angrily changing the station.

Yep, that's Boortz.  But, when he was good, he was really good.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2016, 02:35:45 am »
Exactly. I have seen juvenile namecalling directed at Trump, Cruz, Bush, you name it - mostly on Facebook but also here to some extent. Come November, we're going to have just one GOP nominee and we'd better get behind him or her or this country is doomed. Chances are, we won't be 100% thrilled, but what's the alternative?

I believe this site ought to try to focus on the eventually universal agreement to vote for the Republican to avoid the democrat. UNITY
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 03:00:30 am »
I believe this site ought to try to focus on the eventually universal agreement to vote for the Republican to avoid the democrat. UNITY

I suspect unity will come as assuredly as night follows day. There are always ruffled feathers in the beginning, but then the unity always comes. Because a democrat is a terrible thing to unleash on your neighbors.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 09:30:29 am »
I still miss Neal Boortz.

And Tony Snow.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 01:30:00 pm »

He sounds like a blow-hard like Ventura.

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 01:30:39 pm »
For the first time in the more than two decades I've been listening to him, I think his judgment is seriously clouded right now.

He's obsessed with Trump, and refuses to detail how Trump's views are opposed to everything Rush has stood for.

You can't ignore your core values and stay on the air.  He's got to recover from this, or he just may not make it as a serious political commentator.  He can stay on as an entertainer, but his authenticity as a spokesman for conservatism is in serious peril.

He was a defender of GWB!