Author Topic: Palin's Son Arrested for Domestic Abuse  (Read 4664 times)

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Palin's Son Arrested for Domestic Abuse
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2016, 04:29:26 pm »
I've read and heard a number of comments (some here) about how nice and normal Trump's family seems to be, ex-wives and assorted children.  (And, they do seem to be nice.) I'm guessing we shouldn't give any credit to Trump as to the niceness of his family either.

Yes!  That is a key part of the two-part model:

1.  Dig up every possible tidbit of dirt about Trump, his friends, supporters, endorsers, associates, and business partners from the present to as long back as anyone can find, then impute guilt on Don Trump for all it. 
2.  Completely ignore, or find a way (even if it must stretch credibility to the heights of Trump Tower) to somehow discredit, every single positive thing that Trump, his friends, supporters, endorsers, associates, and business partners have ever done.

It seems to be the model that the (especially "conservative") media has adopted.  It seems to be working really well, too!   :whistle:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2016, 04:30:49 pm »

1.  Dig up every possible tidbit of dirt about Trump, his friends, supporters, endorsers, associates, and business partners from the present to as long back as anyone can find, then impute guilt on Don Trump for all it. 
2.  Completely ignore, or find a way (even if it must stretch credibility to the heights of Trump Tower) to somehow discredit, every single positive thing that Trump, his friends, supporters, endorsers, associates, and business partners have ever done.

It seems to be the model that the (especially "conservative") media has adopted.  It seems to be working really well, too!   :whistle:

Katz, you are going waaaaaaaaaay out of your way to defend Trump.  Was anything I said inaccurate or biased?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:31:31 pm by Sanguine »

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 04:34:17 pm »
Katz, you are going waaaaaaaaaay out of your way to defend Trump.  Was anything I said inaccurate or biased?

I was just abstracting the hypothetical (and perhaps, tongue in cheek) musing you presented, into the specifics of the model that I have seen emerge.  No comment on the particulars of your thought, just using it to illustrate one part of the general model.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 04:38:41 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2016, 04:47:46 pm »
I was just abstracting the hypothetical (and perhaps, tongue in cheek) musing you presented, into the specifics of the model that I have seen emerge.  No comment on the particulars of your thought, just using it to illustrate one part of the general model.

I think the proper wording would be "misusing it to illustrate one part of the my general model".

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2016, 04:51:25 pm »
I think the proper wording would be "misusing it to illustrate one part of the my general model".

The model stands on its own.  Whether or not you want your thought to be mapped into it really isn't an issue!    :shrug:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2016, 05:00:11 pm »

This is awful. A clown, a dunce, a man who was a liberal--up until the day before yesterday, who was pro abortion, and he's running for president!:

Some of the things that were said in 1980 from the left and right wing media...about Ronald Reagan.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 05:05:42 pm »
This is awful. A clown, a dunce, a man who was a liberal--up until the day before yesterday, who was pro abortion, and he's running for president!:

Some of the things that were said in 1980 from the left and right wing media...about Ronald Reagan.

Political back-stabbing at it's best. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 05:10:02 pm »

Yes, "amicable dunce" was one of the more frequently used pejoratives as I recall.  Some of the worst Reagan detractors are still paraded out regularly on Fox News; sometimes, they even pretend to wear the mantle of Reagan to do their current bashing.

(What every Ted Cruz supporter needs to keep in mind, is that if Don Trump didn't enter this race, all of the venom (including the hand-wringing and pearl clutching coming from the "conservative" media shills) would ALL be directed onto Mr. Cruz.  He, more than anyone, has benefited from Trump's presence (and high visibility).)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 05:11:25 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline Longiron

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 06:58:42 pm »
Yes, "amicable dunce" was one of the more frequently used pejoratives as I recall.  Some of the worst Reagan detractors are still paraded out regularly on Fox News; sometimes, they even pretend to wear the mantle of Reagan to do their current bashing.

(What every Ted Cruz supporter needs to keep in mind, is that if Don Trump didn't enter this race, all of the venom (including the hand-wringing and pearl clutching coming from the "conservative" media shills) would ALL be directed onto Mr. Cruz.  He, more than anyone, has benefited from Trump's presence (and high visibility).)

If TRUMP would have not been in this race CRUZ would not have made it to the kiddie debate. They the RINOGOPe would have seen he was OUT long ago and they would have been telling us how good BUSHIE was going to be. The DONOR class would have continue to RULE.  :beer:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 07:11:40 pm »
...(What every Ted Cruz supporter needs to keep in mind, is that if Don Trump didn't enter this race, all of the venom (including the hand-wringing and pearl clutching coming from the "conservative" media shills) would ALL be directed onto Mr. Cruz.  He, more than anyone, has benefited from Trump's presence (and high visibility).)

As I've said before, I'm an America supporter and Cruz happens to best fit the bill as a pro-America candidate.

Trump's presence only benefits Cruz if Cruz beats him.  Let's hope that is the case.

Offline flowers

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 07:12:56 pm »
They will never let anyone in her family alone. Ever.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 07:24:56 pm »
Sarah in Tulsa saying her son suffers from PTSD from serving in Iraq.....that was my first thought when I heard this.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 07:35:47 pm »
Sarah in Tulsa saying her son suffers from PTSD from serving in Iraq.....that was my first thought when I heard this.

OK, I deleted everything I just wrote.  This is all I'm going to say:  misbehavior long after the fact, is NOT generally caused by PTSD, and it does PTSD sufferers a disservice to blame bad actions on this disorder.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:36:33 pm by Sanguine »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 07:43:12 pm »
That may be a "reason" but it is not an excuse.

PTSD is a mental condition. A lot of reasonable people believe those with mental conditions should have less, or no access to firearms.

He raised a weapon against his helpless girlfriend. He had supposedly been drinking.

This example is fodder for those that want firearm restrictions.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 07:45:06 pm »
OK, I deleted everything I just wrote.  This is all I'm going to say:  misbehavior long after the fact, is NOT generally caused by PTSD, and it does PTSD sufferers a disservice to blame bad actions on this disorder.
Do you have any credentials in the field of mental health, treatment, etc.? Or merely expressing opinion?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 09:25:09 pm »
If TRUMP would have not been in this race CRUZ would not have made it to the kiddie debate. They the RINOGOPe would have seen he was OUT long ago and they would have been telling us how good BUSHIE was going to be. The DONOR class would have continue to RULE.  :beer:
Nonsense.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 09:35:55 pm »
I am not an authority on PTSD but I do know many many vets from Iraq and Afghanistan including my husband and son...they have all been affected in some way by what they saw and did as any war veteran will tell you.....
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2016, 09:50:02 pm »

=====================================

There is hope for you.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2016, 09:51:41 pm »
I am not an authority on PTSD but I do know many many vets from Iraq and Afghanistan including my husband and son...they have all been affected in some way by what they saw and did as any war veteran will tell you.....

This is a foreign language to 95% of those hearing it.

Think about this:  NONE of the candidates running in either (corrupt) party spent a SINGLE DAY in uniform.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 09:52:19 pm by HAPPY2BME »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2016, 10:03:14 pm »
This example is fodder for those that want firearm restrictions.
Gee, the daughter who preaches abstinence but doesn't follow it. The son who is a textbook case for gun control. You'd swear these guys are stooges.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2016, 10:03:58 pm »
Think about this:  NONE of the candidates running in either (corrupt) party spent a SINGLE DAY in uniform.
That's right: because here in America, we don't require our citizens to surrender their freedom to represent the public. That's a good thing.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2016, 10:05:21 pm »

Unless you count the uniform Trump wore when he was in a military academy for five years.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:06:12 pm by aligncare »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 10:27:16 pm »

And that bothers me a lot....as I believe a CinC should have served in the military..but that's just me..
Support the USO

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 10:27:30 pm »
Unless you count the uniform Trump wore when he was in a military academy for five years.

I don't.

Should we count someone as a great urban planner because they play minecraft?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:28:47 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2016, 10:38:23 pm »
And that bothers me a lot....as I believe a CinC should have served in the military..but that's just me..

I know what you're saying, but another perspective is that the founders decision to have civilian control of the military was a wise one (see Napoleon) and that Washington, Grant, Eisenhower (maybe others?) notwithstanding, not having military experience may be seen as a plus by some voters.

(that even sounded silly to me after I wrote it)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 10:38:52 pm by aligncare »