Author Topic: Carson suspending campaign activities after volunteers, staffer hurt in crash  (Read 778 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson cancelled all South Carolina campaign events on Tuesday after three campaign volunteers and a staffer were injured in a crash on an icy road in Iowa.

A statement from the retired pediatric neurosurgeon's campaign said a van with the four people hit a patch of ice and flipped on its side before it was hit by another vehicle.

Two of the volunteers and the campaign staffer, who was driving the van, were transported to a hospital in Atlantic, Iowa while the other volunteer is being transported to a trauma center in Omaha, Neb.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/266336-carson-suspending-campaign-activities-after-iowa

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
It is amazing, this much criss-crossing of winter weather states like Iowa and New Hampshire this time of year.  It is a wonder this doesn't happen a lot.  Ben is a good man, even people who don't support his candidacy can see that clearly.  He would be a good man to work for, I think.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Longiron

It is amazing, this much criss-crossing of winter weather states like Iowa and New Hampshire this time of year.  It is a wonder this doesn't happen a lot.  Ben is a good man, even people who don't support his candidacy can see that clearly.  He would be a good man to work for, I think.

ben will be in someone's Cabinet if TRUMP or CRUZ get elected. IMO :patriot:

Offline flowers

He is not out. This is just for a day.

Offline ABX

West Wing Reports ‏@WestWingReport now4 seconds ago

Sad to hear that a member of Ben Carson's staff, 25 y/o Braden Joplin, has died of injuries from Iowa crash (via Carson campaign)

Offline ABX

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline ABX

here is the young man killed in the accident.

Online Right_in_Virginia

here is the young man killed in the accident.

Awful, simply awful.   **nononono*

Offline musiclady

This is the first I've heard this.  How terribly sad....

Prayers for this young man's family, and for the entire Carson team.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

It didn't make any national news that I'm aware of other than political oriented websites. It sure does say a lot about Carson as a man who would drop everything to rush to his injured staffers and be there for them. He had several events he canceled.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Yes, indeed.

Offline musiclady

It didn't make any national news that I'm aware of other than political oriented websites. It sure does say a lot about Carson as a man who would drop everything to rush to his injured staffers and be there for them. He had several events he canceled.

It certainly does say much about this fine man.  I'm sure he will be a big help to the family because of the depth of his compassion and faith.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline LambChop

Such a loss.  My heart goes out to his family and loved ones.