Author Topic: Trump on Cruz’s “rough temperament”: You can’t call your leaders liars on the Senate floor  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
John Kasich?   That's out of left field!

So, I'm curious - what is it about Kasich, given your parameters above, that you feel Kasich represents?

Kasich is, IMO, the class act in the race.  Not as ideological, to be sure, as some others - he's a pragmatist,  and appeals to some of the same centrist voters that the polls suggest may be gravitating to Trump.   

He's the only candidate to have quality experience in all three facets of government.  He was a distinguished Congressman (and a true movement conservative, for those of us old enough to remember),  worked on security issues with a Republican administration, and of course is wildly popular in Ohio for a couple of terms of excellent stewardship.

Sure, he pissed off the hard right when he accepted that Medicaid funding.   Yes, it didn't help the national political battle against ObamaCare,  but it did help a lot of Ohio's working poor.   It sucks to have no recourse for family sickness other than an emergency room.

Kasich is, to me, the most authentic Christian of all the candidates.   What he says has the ring of truth - St.  Peter won't ask a politician whether he cut taxes, he'll ask him whether he helped the poor.   That is Christian grace,  that is the sort of heart I want to see in a President.   But listen to Kasich on foreign policy -  you won't here any kumbaya out of him when he addresses the Islamofascist threat.

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Kasich is, IMO, the class act in the race.  Not as ideological, to be sure, as some others - he's a pragmatist,  and appeals to some of the same centrist voters that the polls suggest may be gravitating to Trump.   

He's the only candidate to have quality experience in all three facets of government.  He was a distinguished Congressman (and a true movement conservative, for those of us old enough to remember),  worked on security issues with a Republican administration, and of course is wildly popular in Ohio for a couple of terms of excellent stewardship.

Sure, he pissed off the hard right when he accepted that Medicaid funding.   Yes, it didn't help the national political battle against ObamaCare,  but it did help a lot of Ohio's working poor.   It sucks to have no recourse for family sickness other than an emergency room.

Kasich is, to me, the most authentic Christian of all the candidates.   What he says has the ring of truth - St.  Peter won't ask a politician whether he cut taxes, he'll ask him whether he helped the poor.   That is Christian grace,  that is the sort of heart I want to see in a President.   But listen to Kasich on foreign policy -  you won't here any kumbaya out of him when he addresses the Islamofascist threat.

Well in doing a little research on Kasich, I'm not quite sure that I would agree that he is the most authentic Christians of all the candidates ... Cruz has a known record for fighting for religious liberty.  As for Kasich on foreign policy ... I'm sorry, but he stated that he would support bringing in Syrian refugees.  I see that as very weak on national security - allowing refugees with the probability of also allowing in terrorists into this country is just plain lunacy, especially when the FBI has stated there is no way to adequately vet them.  As for being a pragmatist; I don't see that Trump or Cruz is any less pragmatic; in fact I think they are more so.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Well in doing a little research on Kasich, I'm not quite sure that I would agree that he is the most authentic Christians of all the candidates ... Cruz has a known record for fighting for religious liberty.  As for Kasich on foreign policy ... I'm sorry, but he stated that he would support bringing in Syrian refugees.  I see that as very weak on national security - allowing refugees with the probability of also allowing in terrorists into this country is just plain lunacy, especially when the FBI has stated there is no way to adequately vet them.  As for being a pragmatist; I don't see that Trump or Cruz is any less pragmatic; in fact I think they are more so.

Thanks for your response, LB.   My understanding is that Kasich's position, after the Paris attacks, is that we should not be permitting more Syrian refugees because we cannot adequately vet them,  but that at some point in the future he may be open to the possibility.  Here's a  LINK from a mainstream press account.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide