Author Topic: Sarah Palin Endorses Donald Trump, Rallying Conservatives  (Read 6104 times)

HonestJohn

Re: Sarah Palin Endorses Donald Trump, Rallying Conservatives
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 11:27:57 pm »
but Cruz supporters are issue supporters

Really? I haven't seen that at all. Most of what I am reading around the internet indicates Cruz supporters are the typical dogmatic self styled "Conservatives" who only real interest is the ideological purity of what ever candidate they currently have a crush on. Cruz is just the idol du jour. They aren't really interested in issues, or winning, just that the candidate validate their dogmas of ideological purity.

That looks like the definition of 'issue supporters' to me.

Offline flowers

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 11:31:25 pm »

Sarah Palin's Son Track Arrested For Drunken Domestic Violence ... With A Gun

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/19/sarah-palin-son-track-arrested-domestic-violence/

Here we go!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016, 11:33:35 pm »
That won't happen.  No way.  We go one direction or the other.  Go Trump, conservatism and the Constitution are forever changed.  Go Cruz, get time with a doer, not just a talker.

Vote Trump and get a moderate VP.

Respectfully, you couldn't be more wrong. Trump's history shows otherwise.

For example. The minute Trump announces he's building a shopping mall or golf course or skyscraper someplace, every government bureaucrat and politician, from local to state and national, comes out against the project.

But, despite intense opposition, he fights and negotiates and negotiates, until he wins over the opposition. Look it up, Trump's record is clear--he gets things done. That's the kind of determined leader we need to lead America back to greatness.

Not to take away anything from Cruz, who has shown himself to be a tough fighter, but there's no comparison to Trump's long career of one accomplishment after another. Of announcing plans to build something grand and actually doing it on time and under budget. Not very long ago Ted Cruz was just the solicitor General of Texas and now the one-term senator appears to be in a hurry to get somewhere fast without having any executive experience or business experience anything even remotely like Trumps.

I completely disagree with your quote.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 11:38:43 pm »
Ben Shapiro
The Palin Acid Test: Do You Care More About Conservatism Or Fighting The Establishment?
Daily Wire

How much do you hate the establishment?

That’s the question Donald Trump’s campaign is asking today as they trot out disestablishment figure Sarah Palin. Since 2008, when the John McCain campaign selected Palin from relative obscurity, only to throw her under the bus as a radical liability, Palin has built a grassroots movement shredding the Republican political establishment. Those who hate the establishment – those who believe that Republican establishment types would rather go along with the left than fight them – became fond of Palin as she used her support to push conservatives to primary victory, including one Ted Cruz of Texas. We disliked her enemies, because they were smug elitists; we disliked them because their elitism wasn’t restricted to Palin’s Alaskan accent or her Melvilleian sentence structure – it extended to Palin’s conservative politics. We thought the media’s attacks on Palin were for the most part unjust, because they were. We liked Palin because support for Palin meant a backlash against those who deserved to be smacked politically.

As Donald Trump rose to the forefront of the 2016 race, many of those same backlash dynamics came into play. Trump’s defenders felt the same way about Trump that Palin supporters felt about Palin. They felt, rightly, that many of those who attacked Trump didn’t do so on the basis of his insufficient conservatism, but on the basis of his polarizing language, on the basis of his blue collar appeal and his accent. They felt that the establishment GOP wanted to stop Trump because they couldn’t control him.

The Trump/Palin backlash was disestablishmentarian in nature. It remains so now.

But there is one problem.

There is one crucial difference between Trump and Palin: Palin was actually far more conservative politically than Trump. She didn’t shilly-shally on abortion. She didn’t waver on same-sex marriage. She didn’t believe in bailouts; she railed against crony capitalism; she hasn’t spoken about the need to maintain entitlement programs; she hasn’t endorsed campaign finance reform; she never spoke about the glories of single-payer healthcare. It was easier to get behind Palin’s movement than Trump’s without compromising principle.

No longer.

Palin’s endorsement of Trump now puts Republican voters to the test: are they disestablishmentarians, or are they conservatives? Will they side with Trump and Palin just to slap at the establishment? Or will they side with conservatism, even if it means breaking support for some of those who fight establishment elitists?

Count me with the conservatives. I hate the establishment Republican Party, but not merely because they are elitists – I despise them because they join with the left in compromise rather than standing on principle, and attempt to destroy anyone who won’t back their play.
Recommended for You

But that doesn’t mean I’ll sacrifice my own principle to destroy them. I’m a conservative before a disestablishmentarian. So call me a devotee of antidisestablishmentarianism – I’m not for dumping the establishment over just for its own sake. It’s only worthwhile replacing our dictators if we can replace them with something better. And, thankfully, we do have that choice, with Cruz – or even with Marco Rubio, to an extent (remember, the establishment supported Crist over Rubio in his Senate Race).

I’m not convinced that Donald Trump is an upgrade from Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, John McCain, or Mitt Romney. And Sarah Palin’s endorsement doesn’t change that for me. Conservatism isn’t just about the backlash. It’s about the principle.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Carling

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 11:41:47 pm »
Respectfully, you couldn't be more wrong. Trump's history shows otherwise.

For example. The minute Trump announces he's building a shopping mall or golf course or skyscraper someplace, every government bureaucrat and politician, from local to state and national, comes out against the project.

But, despite intense opposition, he fights and negotiates and negotiates, until he wins over the opposition. Look it up, Trump's record is clear--he gets things done. That's the kind of determined leader we need to lead America back to greatness.

Not to take away anything from Cruz, who has shown himself to be a tough fighter, but there's no comparison to Trump's long career of one accomplishment after another. Of announcing plans to build something grand and actually doing it on time and under budget. Not very long ago Ted Cruz was just the solicitor General of Texas and now the one-term senator appears to be in a hurry to get somewhere fast without having any executive experience or business experience anything even remotely like Trumps.

I completely disagree with your quote.

I agree with your points on Trump, but I think Cruz ran for President because he truly believed that the DC culture is out of touch and also part of the same one-party system.  I can't see criticizing him for that, because it's not like he's Rubio, who also ran anti-establishment but is clearly the GOPe's preferred choice at this point.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:44:14 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 11:59:28 pm »
Yes it was a smart move. The only reason I voted for him was her. 

Me too!   :laugh:

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2016, 12:02:44 am »
Get ready to say "Madame President."   

:facepalm2:

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2016, 12:04:07 am »
So the Palin cultists join the Trump cultists!

It's a SuperNova of celebrity!

:pondering:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:05:34 am by ArneFufkin »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2016, 12:05:23 am »
So the Palin cultists join the Trump cultists!

It's a SuperNova of celebrity!

Could create a massive black hole.

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2016, 12:06:14 am »
Palin's endorsement is live on Fox.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2016, 12:07:46 am »
I agree with your points on Trump, but I think Cruz ran for President because he truly believed that the DC culture is out of touch and also part of the same one-party system.  I can't see criticizing him for that, because it's not like he's Rubio, who also ran anti-establishment but is clearly the GOPe's preferred choice at this point.

I agree with you. I don't doubt Cruz's sincerity. I do doubt he can defeat whoever the democrats put up--since no one is sure who the democrats even have as a candidate.

Rumor has it they debate in secret and in the end they decided to select a candidate by spinning a bottle.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:10:16 am by aligncare »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2016, 12:14:49 am »
Her Facebook is blowing up, about 10 to one pissed versus supportive.

https://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin/posts/10153895739778588

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2016, 12:18:10 am »
Palin's endorsement is live on Fox.

Her voice is just like nails on a chalk board for me...nothing against her, just that voice is horrid.  Trump's move here though really boxes Cruz in in Iowa, given the nature of Cruz support there.  If Trump wins narrowly in Iowa and then solidly in New Hampshire, he will make it very hard on the rest of the field.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 12:22:15 am »
Her voice is just like nails on a chalk board for me...nothing against her, just that voice is horrid.  Trump's move here though really boxes Cruz in in Iowa, given the nature of Cruz support there.  If Trump wins narrowly in Iowa and then solidly in New Hampshire, he will make it very hard on the rest of the field.

Her speaking style has not changed and still drives me nuts.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 12:23:37 am »

If nothing else, this is an embarrassment for Ted Cruz.  But he's also in a box because he kindda can't say Sarah's wrong, since she essentially took the unknown Cruz and carried him into the Senate.   :shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 12:25:06 am »

I presume her Facebook cult just naturally assumed she would be for Cruzie, since that is how they lean

And that is how the online affinity thingie works; associate with people that you think are like you.

Self affirming. Then the letdown; wow
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 12:46:01 am »
Reality TV Star Endorses Reality TV Star

Sarah Palin, the host of “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” and “Amazing America with Sarah Palin,” has endorsed the star of “The Apprentice” and “The Celebrity Apprentice”:

“I’m proud to endorse Donald J. Trump for president,” Ms. Palin said in a statement provided by his campaign.....

....Ralph Reed, chairman of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, added, “Palin’s brand among evangelicals is as gold as the faucets in Trump tower.” It is equally as gold at that calf below Mount Sinai, I presume.....

https://ricochet.com/reality-tv-star-endorses-reality-tv-star/

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2016, 01:01:21 am »
Her speaking style has not changed and still drives me nuts.

This drives me nuts:

Watching my country destroyed by feckless opportunists: Dem and Rep.
Watching my military deliberately humiliated by a muslim marxist in my WH
Fearing my fate as a practicing Catholic in my own country.
There's more.  Want to hear it?

Offline Longiron

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2016, 01:09:54 am »
Unpredictable and WINNING  :patriot:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2016, 01:21:26 am »

Yeah, I think she really miscalculated on this one.  Much like hitching her star to John McCain...or endorsing Mitt Romney.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2016, 01:22:09 am »
If nothing else, this is an embarrassment for Ted Cruz.  But he's also in a box because he kindda can't say Sarah's wrong, since she essentially took the unknown Cruz and carried him into the Senate.   :shrug:

Sure he can.  She was right then, she's wrong now.

Offline ABX

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2016, 01:28:14 am »
The memes didn't take long..

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2016, 01:29:17 am »
Sure he can.  She was right then, she's wrong now.

Cruz doesn't need another groan-worthy event. 

Offline famousdayandyear

« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2016, 01:33:32 am »

Exhibit A:  Why this site has become "Dumb and Dumber".  Too bad.  Used to be informative.

Wingnut

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2016, 02:31:46 am »
All I have to say about this is....Misery acquaints a man with strange bedwomen.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 02:33:06 am by Wingnut »