Author Topic: Meet The 25-Year-Old Swedish Woman Using 3D Scanning To Make Shoes Fit Perfectly  (Read 404 times)

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2016/01/18/forbes-under-30-europe-volumental-caroline-walerud-3d-printing/#2715e4857a0b3a713c747281

Caroline Walerud wants you to forget your shoe size. Or, at least, to forget that number you’ve been reeling off to salespeople for years, like a U.S. 9, or a European 40. It’s likely that it isn’t quite right anyway, given the complex anatomical structure of our feet and the inconsistent sizing used by footwear brands. “Half of women regularly buy shoes that don’t fit,” says the 25-year-old, who is a member of the first ever Forbes 30 Under 30 Europe list. Walerud’s company, Stockholm-based Volumental, aims to solve this problem. Since 2012, the Cambridge University neuroscience graduate has been working alongside her three cofounders — computer vision experts — to build technology that uses 3D scanning to ensure a perfect fit.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
I would love that.  My feet are slightly different sized and width - makes my shopping for shoes an ordeal for my husband.   :shrug:

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!