Author Topic: Jada Pinkett Smith to Academy We're Not Begging You Anymore You're Irrelevant to Us  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
We're sorry, the correct response would have been, "Quotas are wholly inappropriate to the Oscar nomination process."

Rest of story at The Wrap.

Great answer.

Offline mountaineer

Jada and Will Smith, not nominated for an Academy Award nor Parent of the Year.
Scientologist Obama Donor Will Smith Did a Number on His Two Kids
BY: Brent Scher   
November 18, 2014 3:13 pm
Free Beacon

Obama donor and Scientologist Will Smith has raised two completely bizarre children, according to a recent interview Jaden and Willow did with T magazine.

Will and Jada Pinkett Smith have a long history with President Obama, including a personal interview with him in 2009 and a fundraiser in 2012 that raised more than $500,000 for his reelection.

The Smiths probably shouldn’t be Obama’s go-to couple for advice on education reform. Jaden and Willow don’t believe in school. Jaden reminded readers that people take driver’s ed classes, yet still get in accidents.

“You never learn anything in school,” explained Jaden. “Think about how many car accidents happen every day. Driver’s ed? What’s up? I still haven’t been to driver’s ed because if everybody I know has been in an accident, I can’t see how driver’s ed is really helping them out.”

The two teenagers are on the same page when it comes to schools.

“I went to school for one year,” Willow said. “It was the best experience but the worst experience. The best experience because I was, like, ‘Oh, now I know why kids are so depressed.’ But it was the worst experience because I was depressed.”

Perhaps Jaden and Willow’s views on education have something to do with the fact that they were both students at the New Village Acadamy in Calabasas, which was founded with a $1.2 million Will Smith donation in 2008 and teaches a “100 percent” Scientology curriculum crafted by the religion’s founder.

This is the same school that fellow Scientologist Tom Cruise forced his daughter Suri to go to, that scared then-wife Katie Holmes enough that she took her child across the country to New York.

The two teenagers also claim in the interview that “concept of time” doesn’t exist, with Willow stating that she actually has the ability to control time.

“I mean, time for me, I can make it go slow or fast, however I please, and that’s how I know it doesn’t exist,” Willow said. Her brother Jaden agrees.

“It’s proven that how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe,” said Jaden. “It’s relative to beings and other places. But on the level of being here on earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it’s also such a thing that you can get lost in.”

Willow also stated that she has never read a book that she likes, so she just writes her own books and then reads them.

“That’s what I do with novels. There’re no novels that I like to read so I write my own novels, and then I read them again, and it’s the best thing,” said Willow.

“Willow’s been writing her own novels since she was 6,” said Jaden.

Jaden and Willow also don’t think that anybody else makes “cool” music, so they only listen to their own music. This is one of their songs: (video at link)

To his credit, Will Smith has instilled a confidence in his children that they can do anything. “I have a goal to be just the most craziest person of all time. And when I say craziest, I mean, like, I want to do like Olympic-level things. I want to be the most durable person on the planet,” said Jaden. “I think by the time we’re 30 or 20, we’re going to be climbing as many mountains as we can possibly climb,” said Willow.

Child Protective Services investigated the family earlier this year when pictures were released of 13-year-old Willow in bed with an older man.
I won't bother posting the fashion shoot photos of son Jaden in a skirt, pouting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air's Janet Hubert Slams Jada Pinkett-Smith for Calling an Oscars Boycott

http://www.eonline.com/news/732196/the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-s-janet-hubert-slams-jada-pinkett-smith-for-calling-an-oscars-boycott

"First of all, Miss Thing," she began (oh yeah, we're not kidding), "does your man not have a mouth of his own with which to speak?" OH SNAP.

She continued, "The second thing, girlfriend, there's a lot of s--t going on in the world that you all don't seem to recognize. People are dying. Our boys are being shot left and right. People are starving. People are trying to pay bills. And you're talking about some [expletive] actors and Oscars. It just ain't that deep."

snip

And here's the other thing—they don't care. They don't care! And I find it ironic that somebody who has made their living, made their living and made millions and millions of dollars from the very people you're talking about boycotting just because you didn't get a nomination, just because you didn't win."

:laugh:

Offline flowers

Jada and Will Smith, not nominated for an Academy Award nor Parent of the Year.I won't bother posting the fashion shoot photos of son Jaden in a skirt, pouting.
That article explains so much about those kids and why CPS was at their place a while back.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Jada and Will Smith, not nominated for an Academy Award nor Parent of the Year.I won't bother posting the fashion shoot photos of son Jaden in a skirt, pouting.

Thank you for not posting the picture.  It's a lucky thing these kids have rich parents - they sure don't have a clue of what reality is.  Hollywood will give them roles solely because of who their parents are. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

That whole thing reads like a heavy-duty exercise in narcissism.  These poor kids are going to have problems, and problems for which they will have no ability to understand or learn from.  This is vile.

Offline PzLdr

As you and yours, Jada, are irrelevant to many of us. 
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline flowers

1.  Liberals deserve this. 
2.  Do blacks REALLY want affirmative action awards?  Would they mean anything?
3.  Liberals have become:  BAKE THAT CAKE.  GIMME THAT STATUE.  LET ME PEE IN THE WRONG RESTROOM.  PERFORM THAT WEDDING.  SERVE THAT WEDDING.  HOST THAT WEDDING.  CALL THAT GIRL A BOY.  CALL THAT BOY A GIRL.  ACCEPT CLIMATE CHANGE.  SELLING BABY PARTS IS NOT SELLING BABY PARTS. FUND THOSE ABORTIONS. DON'T DISCRIMINATE BY DISCRIMINATING ACCORDING TO OUR DEMANDS.  GIMME YOUR GUNS.   SHUT UP BECAUSE I CAN'T COME UP WITH A REAL DEFENSE.  Etc.  They've gone way beyond just supporting big government.
When sharia fully takes over we won't have to worry about any of those things anymore. None of that will be around anymore.

Offline Paladin

This is from a post on Facebook and no source was provided. Nonetheless:

"Will Smith's net worth is $250,000,000 (that's million)
 Tyler Perry's is $400 million
 Bill Cosby is worth $350 million
 Samuel L. Jackson is worth $150 million
 Comedian Martin Lawrence is worth $110 million
 Denzel Washington is worth $150 million
 Morgan Freeman is worth $90 million
 Rapper Ice Cube is worth $120 million
 Jamie Foxx is worth $85 million
 LeVar Burton is worth $14 million
 Billy Dee Williams is worth $7.5 million
 Idris Elba is worth $15 million
 Djimon Hounsou is worth $10 million
 Forest Whitaker is worth $15 million
 ER actor Eriq La Salle is worth $40 million
 Danny Glover is worth $15 million
 Terrence Howard is worth $30 million
 Ving Rhames is worth $16 million
 Ice T is worth $30 million
 Sidney Poitier is worth $65 million
 Dennis Haysbert is worth $42 million
 Spike Lee is worth $40 million
 Kevin Hart is worth $25 million
 Eddie Murphy is worth $75 million
 Chris Rock is worth $70 million
 John Singleton is worth $50 million
 Actor and rapper LL Cool Jay is worth $100 million
 Don Cheadle is worth $35 million
 Director Antoine Fuqua is worth $18 million
 And Oprah Winfrey is worth $3,000,000,000.
 That's 3 BILLION DOLLARS!

There is over $9 billion dollars in net worth from these people!

Don't bitch that Blacks can't make it in Hollywood.
 Get off your ass and make something of your life."
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline flowers

I say to Jada and the rest of the ones complaining about whitey. Give all that coin you made off of whitey to charity.

Offline mountaineer

Actor Kevin Sorbo posted this on Facebook:
This is a letter written by a director I worked with on an independent film that I starred in alongside Ernie Hudson who carries our movie, Gallows Road. This letter is in response to Will Smith's interview about lack of diversity in Hollywood.
Open Letter to Will Smith from Filmmaker Bill McAdams Jr

I'm sorry Will… I am glad you are speaking out but as an indy filmmaker with no money to get my films on the platforms that your films are beautifully laid out… I can't feel sorry for a 20 million dollar a movie paycheck actor. That is 20 million for three to 6 months of work. Ernie Hudson was the star of my film (dare me to compare his pay with Will's) - that I feel he should get attention as an individual actor… Not for me the director/writer or even co-star who after 20 years in this business is still "earning and learning my keep" but for a 50 year veteran who deserves a look. He has earned it. Where is he in this "no black academy picture". He's working. Working hard at his game. Something he says always in interviews…"I am an actor.. I do the work … I have been doing this 50 years. I love what I do"… I wish Will Smith would watch Gallows Road and other films of color that got no look due to no big priced marketing, publicity, agents - no powerhouse teams backing - just a good script with a great performance - but are worthy… Not to mention the 20 actors that did get nominated - who are getting well deserved attention, diverted. I am glad you spoke out Will… cause now I'm talking.

Offline mountaineer

And this concerns that stupid cow Chelsea how, exactly? Ignorant, Chelz? At least Rampling is an actress, an Oscar nominee and actually has a dog in this hunt.
Chelsea Clinton Blasts Charlotte Rampling, Calls Oscar Comments 'Outrageous, Ignorant & Offensive'
Michael Miller
People Magazine via MSN
17 hrs ago

Chelsea Clinton is slamming Charlotte Rampling for her comments on the Oscar diversity controversy.

"Outrageous, ignorant & offensive comments from Rampling," Clinton, 35, tweeted on Friday.

Rampling, who's nominated for a best actress Oscar for her performance in 45 Years, called the decision by some actors to boycott the Oscars "anti-white racism."

"Maybe this time, no black actor or actress deserved to make it to the final selection," she said in an interview on French radio station Europe 1.

"Why should we always categorize people? I think nowadays we are living in easily offended societies. There will always be someone who's too beautiful, too black or not white enough," she elaborated.

The actress's comments come in the wake of celebrities like Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith and Spike Lee's decision to boycott the ceremony. This is the second year in a row that no actors of color have been nominated in the acting categories.

Other actors, like Tyrese Gibson, have called for African-American comedian Chris Rock to step down from his hosting duties in protest.

Rampling's comments have already received criticism from celebrities like Piers Morgan, who tweeted, "MISSING: a set of marbles. If found, please return to Charlotte Rampling."

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The whole "Black grievance" thing is so tired and stupid.

I am sick of it, all of it.

If Blacks don't like America, then they should go somewhere else.

To all Black people, do us all a favor and boycott America. I am sure we will get along just fine without you.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Paladin

I am sick of it, all of it.

Likewise, and with what inevitably follows.

"Actress Charlotte Rampling said her remarks about a possible boycott of the Oscars due to a lack of diversity in nominations being “racist to white people” were misinterpreted.

“I regret that my comments could have been misinterpreted this week in my interview with Europe 1 Radio. I simply meant to say that in an ideal world every performance will be given equal opportunities for consideration,” she told “CBS Sunday Morning” in an interview. ” I am very honored to be included in this year’s wonderful group of nominated actors and actresses.”

Rampling was earlier asked about calls for a boycott of the Oscar ceremony during an interview with France’s Europe 1 Radio and said the move would be “racist to white people.”

An interview between Rampling and CBS News correspondent Anthony Mason is slated to appear during this Sunday’s broadcast of the show. In the interview with Europe 1 Radio, Rampling was asked about a movement to boycott the awards that has grown since actors Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith and director Spike Lee have indicated they would not attend this year’s Oscars ceremonies.

“Diversity in our industry is an important issue that needs to be addressed,” the actress said during the interview, selections of which were provided by CBS News. “I am highly encouraged by the changes announced today by the Academy to diversify its membership.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/oscars/charlotte-rampling-says-%e2%80%98racist%e2%80%99-oscars-remark-was-misinterpeted/ar-BBoAgs9?ocid=spartanntp
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline musiclady

She and her husband have enough money to produce whatever quality movie they want to make it an Oscar contender. I'm betting Concussion will have Will up for an Oscar next year (it was out of the running by 2 days of the release for this years Oscars).

I do love the irony though that this is mostly Hollywood liberals who are making these decisions.

Hollywood liberals are racists, just like all liberals are.

Quotas are racist, Affirmative Action is racist, leftist ideas are  ALL racist.

And these people are  all babies as well.  Stunted emotionally and mentally.

But they got rich because conservative America ISN'T racist.  Didn't they??
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 09:53:14 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

1.  Liberals deserve this. 
2.  Do blacks REALLY want affirmative action awards?  Would they mean anything?
3.  Liberals have become:  BAKE THAT CAKE.  GIMME THAT STATUE.  LET ME PEE IN THE WRONG RESTROOM.  PERFORM THAT WEDDING.  SERVE THAT WEDDING.  HOST THAT WEDDING.  CALL THAT GIRL A BOY.  CALL THAT BOY A GIRL.  ACCEPT CLIMATE CHANGE.  SELLING BABY PARTS IS NOT SELLING BABY PARTS. FUND THOSE ABORTIONS. DON'T DISCRIMINATE BY DISCRIMINATING ACCORDING TO OUR DEMANDS.  GIMME YOUR GUNS.   SHUT UP BECAUSE I CAN'T COME UP WITH A REAL DEFENSE.  Etc.  They've gone way beyond just supporting big government.

Nice summary.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The next black to win an award will beg the question:

Did they deserve it, or was it merely an AA quota award
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

The next black to win an award will beg the question:

Did they deserve it, or was it merely an AA quota award
Yep....I haven't watched the AA in very many years.

Wingnut

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline andy58-in-nh

Is there a person left in public life willing to state for the record that ethnic "diversity" has no intrinsic value, and has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on performance or achievement in any area of human endeavor?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Paladin

"There's talk about bringing back the Black Oscars"

"They gathered at the Beverly Wilshire, the men in tuxes, the women draped in evening gowns. The finest black talent in Hollywood was there that night in 2002, Quincy Jones, Samuel L. Jackson, Morgan Freeman, James Lassiter, Doug McHenry and Sean "P. Diddy" Combs among them.

It was an annual gathering held at one posh hotel or another on the eve of the Academy Awards. Officially, it was called the Tree of Life Awards. But most people called it by its informal name: the Black Oscars.

"It was always a celebration of what accomplishments black people had done in the film industry," said actress and director Debbie Allen, who was honored by the Black Oscars and its sister event, the Black Emmys. "Sound, music, directors, actors, whatever your participation was, you were honored."

The annual event was launched in 1981 at a time when the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences rarely recognized black achievements. By that time, only 27 African Americans had been nominated in the 52-year history of the Oscars, with only three winning. The Tree of Life Awards ended in 2007.

But with the academy nominating an all-white slate of actors for the second year in a row, Gil Robertson, president of the African American Film Critics Assn., says the circumstances that prompted the Black Oscars are prevalent again.

"It began as a way to fill a void in the city and in the community," he said. "People work hard and invest in their craft and were being ignored … so the Black Oscars became a way for them to receive acknowledgment of their talents and their craft."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-black-oscars-20160204-story.html

And so we come full circle. Now if they will only institute drinking fountains and restrooms divided according to race, all will be well.

Offline flowers

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-black-oscars-20160204-story.html

And so we come full circle. Now if they will only institute drinking fountains and restrooms divided according to race, all will be well.
I would not put it past them.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I feel like I'm living in a Star-Trek episode where the people of the planet are void of personality with no sense of humor and who would strap you in the Zapper Room for an uncovered trash can.

Where the younger people with flowers in their hair are prancing straight into hell, completely oblivious to history or reason.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald