Author Topic: Evangelicals See Donald Trump as Man of Conviction, if Not Faith  (Read 1546 times)

Offline musiclady

Re: Evangelicals See Donald Trump as Man of Conviction, if Not Faith
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 05:57:41 pm »
It's cool - and agreed, welcome in!

As far as the recent kerfuffle with articles about Donnie and his faith - who cares?

Not me. Every candidate's relationship with God is, well, between them and God, so I leave that stuff to Him. I am looking for a President and CinC, not a Pope. In fact, attacks on Trump's faith (or lack of it) make me slightly more sympathetic to him. I think, Jeez, is THAT all they got?

The problem with Donnie is that he's claiming to be something he's not.

If he'd just say, "I'm not particularly religious" there wouldn't be such a big deal.

His pandering to Evangelical Christians pretending to be one, is what's the problem.

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Evangelicals See Donald Trump as Man of Conviction, if Not Faith
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 06:00:38 pm »
I am not smearing anybody. I am posting material which the electorate will have access to, for their own use to evaluate Cruz and other candidates.

Absolutely.  All of that material about the elder Cruz has been in the Dem's Oppo files for years now.  If Ted Cruz is the nominee, it will be used.