Author Topic: Trump brands Cruz a 'nasty guy'  (Read 3553 times)

Offline Carling

Trump brands Cruz a 'nasty guy'
« on: January 17, 2016, 04:11:00 pm »
Cruz is living rent free in Trump's mind at this point, and I love it!  Trump calling anyone "nasty" is so hypocritical that it defies logic.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/donald-trump-ted-cruz-nasty-guy-217896

The fracas between the Republican presidential front-runners escalated Sunday as Donald Trump went after Ted Cruz's likability, calling him a "nasty guy."

"Nobody likes him, nobody in Congress likes him, nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him," Trump said in an interview airing on ABC's "This Week."

After weeks of circling each other, the gloves came off between Cruz and Trump in Thursday's debate, as Trump questioned Cruz's birthright citizenship and Cruz attacked Trump's "New York values."

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Longiron

Re: Trump brands Cruz a 'nasty guy'
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 05:44:51 pm »
Fun watching the 2 leaders go after each other. Needed this in the last 2 elections. GOOD news ONE will WIN and that is the good for the country. Bad news is this could be. BUSHIE, RUBIO,  the MAILMAN, Santorium, Carly and know one would be interested. GREAT that both TRUMP and CRUZ are NOT RINOGOPe and they lose big time no matter which one WINS.  :beer: ENJOY and don't get up tight because we all know it will be forgotten in a heart beat. :patriot:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 06:04:06 pm »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 01:24:44 am »
"Nobody likes him, nobody in Congress likes him, nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him," Trump said
This is schoolyard-type talk. I seem to remember 7th grade girls saying stuff like this about other girls.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 02:41:36 am »
Nobody likes him, nobody in Congress likes him, nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him
"Better to be feared than loved(.)" —Nicolo Macchiavelli, The Prince
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 03:24:18 am »
...hmmm...obviously my definition of nasty is different than Trump's.  Nasty is when you insult someone by insinuating that they were rude because they were on their menstrual cycle.  Nasty is when you insinuate someone has an ugly face.  Nasty is when you make fun of someone who sweats too much.  Nasty is when you mock a disabled person.  Nasty is mocking the way someone speaks. ....etc.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 03:48:50 am »
...hmmm...obviously my definition of nasty is different than Trump's.  Nasty is when you insult someone by insinuating that they were rude because they were on their menstrual cycle.  Nasty is when you insinuate someone has an ugly face.  Nasty is when you make fun of someone who sweats too much.  Nasty is when you mock a disabled person.  Nasty is mocking the way someone speaks. ....etc.

I'm not a Trump fan, but literally zero of what you posted as criticisms of him actually are iron-clad as being factual.  People make fun of his hair all the time, so it seems a bit hypocritical to call him out for his own pokes at those he's running against.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:49:49 am by Carling »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2016, 03:54:11 am »
I'm not Trump fan, but literally zero of what you posted as criticisms of him actually are iron-clad as being factual.

???? Zero?  Are you denying he made a statement in reference to Kelly's menstrual cycle or Fiorina's face?  Come on Carling.  I'm not going to take the time to post the links and look up those stories that dominated the headlines.  Fiorina even did an interview on the 'View' and ran an ad in response to Trump's insult. If you can find links disputing those references you are free to post them.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:54:55 am by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Carling

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2016, 04:59:01 am »
???? Zero?  Are you denying he made a statement in reference to Kelly's menstrual cycle or Fiorina's face?  Come on Carling.  I'm not going to take the time to post the links and look up those stories that dominated the headlines.  Fiorina even did an interview on the 'View' and ran an ad in response to Trump's insult. If you can find links disputing those references you are free to post them.

Trump made vague statements that some people made more about than what was actually said.

It was sad seeing "conservatives" overreact then, and it's even more sad now.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2016, 05:07:01 am »
Trump has said more than once that he wants Cruz to be his VP. He only brought up the 'birther' issue, not because he cares, but because he wants Cruz to 'fix it', formally, and once for all. That is not an attack. That is tough love.

Trump likes Cruz. Cruz likes Trump. They belong together. And hopefully they will be together, soon.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 08:29:10 am »
Trump has said more than once that he wants Cruz to be his VP. He only brought up the 'birther' issue, not because he cares, but because he wants Cruz to 'fix it', formally, and once for all. That is not an attack. That is tough love.

Trump likes Cruz. Cruz likes Trump. They belong together. And hopefully they will be together, soon.

===================================

Are you trying to start a 'rumor?'

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 11:58:29 am »

That was before Cruz was threatening his poll standing. If anything, this is more proof that Trump will say anything to win an election. However, Mitt Romney did the exact same thing four years ago and we all know how that turned out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 12:23:19 pm »

Agree, but I think Trump is trying to get the entire natural born citizen think put to rest.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 12:24:22 pm »
That was before Cruz was threatening his poll standing. If anything, this is more proof that Trump will say anything to win an election. However, Mitt Romney did the exact same thing four years ago and we all know how that turned out.

Trump has been talking about Cruz and the birth issue for years, this did not just come up.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 12:34:33 pm »

240B well said and people cannot get emotionally involved at this point with TRUMP and CRUZ going at each other. Sit back watch, it is a primary and both going  after the same job at this point in time. This will be forgotten in a heart beat when the time comes. YOU ARE RIGHT THEY BELONG TOGETHER. CRUZ can learn a lot from TRUMP and take over in 8 years and TRUMP can learn a lot from CRUZ. TRUMP is a doer and will do what needs to be done to get this country back. CRUZ is a administrator and can continue to improve on what TRUMP does. TRUMP is exact opposite of OBAMA and that is what is needed to get the job done at this point in time, JMO :patriot:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2016, 01:16:58 pm »
CRUZ is a administrator

There's my chuckle of the morning.  Cruz has no executive or administrative experience - he is a first term Senator just as Obama was.   And Trump has a point about his potential to be an effective administrator -  Cruz is broadly disliked by his own colleagues.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2016, 01:52:52 pm »
There's my chuckle of the morning.  Cruz has no executive or administrative experience - he is a first term Senator just as Obama was.   And Trump has a point about his potential to be an effective administrator -  Cruz is broadly disliked by his own colleagues.

Obviously you haven't done much research on Cruz.  You might want to check out his background; especially as Solicitor General.  Does Heller v. DC ring any bells?  Cruz is disliked by his colleagues because a lot of them are RINO's and his intent all along has been to break up the Washington cartel, you know the Kingmakers.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2016, 03:00:27 pm »
Good point,  libertybele - I stand corrected.   Service as Solicitor General is excellent administrative experience, just as Christie's service as a chief federal prosecutor helped qualify him for his current job as governor.  Cruz is a smart guy,  and I understand and respect his appeal to his supporters.   We were indeed burned by Obama's inexperience,  but I concede your point that Cruz has better qualifications.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »
Good point,  libertybele - I stand corrected.   Service as Solicitor General is excellent administrative experience, just as Christie's service as a chief federal prosecutor helped qualify him for his current job as governor.  Cruz is a smart guy,  and I understand and respect his appeal to his supporters.   We were indeed burned by Obama's inexperience,  but I concede your point that Cruz has better qualifications.   

Obama's inexperience isn't any where near the problem is ALLEGIANCE to the Iranian Mullahs is!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2016, 03:13:18 pm »
I remember reading about Churchill when I was a youngster and being baffled and offended that the English had rejected Churchill during peacetime and only called upon him when the situation was dire.  I wonder if they argued like this?  "He has no administrative experience", "he only has administrative experience", "is he even an Englishman, his mother being an American and all".  Luckily for the English, they got past that and let Churchill lead them. 

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2016, 03:42:13 pm »
I remember reading about Churchill when I was a youngster and being baffled and offended that the English had rejected Churchill during peacetime and only called upon him when the situation was dire.  I wonder if they argued like this?  "He has no administrative experience", "he only has administrative experience", "is he even an Englishman, his mother being an American and all".  Luckily for the English, they got past that and let Churchill lead them.

=======================================

The difference is that at the time, the British refused to accept that Germany would invade them - until they did.

Today, the Republican Party still refuses to admit this country has been invaded (and occupied) by Mexico.  A semi-peaceful occupation, but still one that violates borders, and national stability and security.

The 'English' you were amazed at for not supporting Churchill are today's progressive Republicans for not securing our national border with Mexico.

Modern England won't last long though.  What Hitler couldn't do is now being done by England's (and Europe's) ensuing demise by hordes of Muslims now occupying them as well.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2016, 04:01:02 pm »
Trump has been talking about Cruz and the birth issue for years, this did not just come up.

============================================

Look at this.  Trump donated $$ to Cruz.

The Donald Donates to Cruz

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2016, 04:03:50 pm »
=======================================

The difference is that at the time, the British refused to accept that Germany would invade them - until they did.

Today, the Republican Party still refuses to admit this country has been invaded (and occupied) by Mexico.  A semi-peaceful occupation, but still one that violates borders, and national stability and security.

The 'English' you were amazed at for not supporting Churchill are today's progressive Republicans for not securing our national border with Mexico.

Modern England won't last long though.  What Hitler couldn't do is now being done by England's (and Europe's) ensuing demise by hordes of Muslims now occupying them as well.

I wonder how long we'll last after Europe/Britain succumbs?

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2016, 04:08:43 pm »

Churchill!  Yes, an interesting story there, the British statesman and leader, born outside of the US to an American mother.

I wonder why no one ever considered Sir Winston to be an American natural born Citizen?  Certainly many would have supported his candidacy for the Presidency!  In fact, Churchill was not even an American citizen.

There must have been something different when Churchill was born in England on November 30, 1874 to the American mother, Jeanette Jerome, than when Ted Cruz was born on December 22, 1970 to an American mother, Eleanor Darragh Wilson, in Canada.

What could that difference have been?    :pondering:

The difference is that the statute (McCarran-Walter Act, or INA of 1952) that grants Mr. Cruz's claim to US Citizenship wasn't passed until 1952.  (Poor Winston!)

Before the INA, a variety of statutes governed immigration law but were not organized in one location. The McCarran-Walter bill of 1952, Public Law No. 82-414, collected and codified many existing provisions and reorganized the structure of immigration law. The Act has been amended many times over the years, but is still the basic body of immigration law.

So, it is easy to see why, one person with very similar birth circumstances as another, has a claim to US citizenship, and the other doesn't.  It is because a naturalization statute existed when one person was born, and didn't exist when the other person was born. When you look at these two examples, it become very clear that citizenship by statute, even when granted at birth via collective naturalization, is very different that natural born Citizenship, because natural born Citizenship, as a Natural Law construct, is not dependent on the existence of any statute!

(But all was not lost for Sir Winston!  The United States so appreciated his valiant allied leadership, that he was made an Honorary Citizen of the United States in 1963!)

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2016, 04:11:51 pm »
============================================

Look at this.  Trump donated $$ to Cruz.

The Donald Donates to Cruz

That little tidbit will be ignored.  Trump gave money to buy politicians from both parties - pay to play and all that.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!