Author Topic: Cruz Blasts Trump as a Fake Conservative  (Read 766 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Cruz Blasts Trump as a Fake Conservative
« on: January 16, 2016, 06:04:34 pm »
FORT MILL, S.C. — Ted Cruz, long reluctant to directly criticize Donald Trump, threw caution to the wind Saturday as he ripped his Republican presidential opponent as a fake conservative.

"Donald’s record does not match what he says as a candidate," told reporters before a national security forum here at a church, delivering an assessment of the onetime ally in the race that would have been unthinkable as recently as last week. "I recognize what Donald says on the campaign trail today is fairly conservative, but voters are discerning."

Cruz went on to respond to a serious of critical tweets earlier Saturday morning from Trump by questioning his judgment and temperament to be president. The senator suggested Trump's tweets were caused by a new poll that show him beating the survey-obsessed billionaire in a head-to-head match-up.

"That has got to drive him nuts, and I imagine it sent him out of bed this morning tweeting and tweeting and tweeting," Cruz said. "I think in terms of a commander in chief, we ought to have someone who isn’t springing out of bed to tweet in a frantic response to the latest polls."....

http://www.texastribune.org/2016/01/16/cruz-blasts-trump-fake-conservative/

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Cruz Blasts Trump as a Fake Conservative
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 06:38:04 pm »
In the words of our great 240B:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,191423.msg765050.html#msg765050

This is way their are more people calling themselves Independent, than ever before. And this is why Trump had to 'pick' a label to run under.

I don't think Trump fits into any of the current political parties. He is just Trump, and that's all. There is no Trump platform because he is running as a person, and not as a representative of some dogmatic institution. We believe this. And, we believe that. Trump has no part of that. Trump believes what he believes. He does not live with blinder on. He takes the best parts of both sides, and rejects the nonsense.

That is a large part of his popularity and success.

Best encapsulation I've seen yet.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 08:32:57 pm »
What percent of American voters self identify as a "conservative"?  Three?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 08:35:46 pm »

According to Gallup, 40%, the largest group of those who identify with a specific ideology.
http://www.gallup.com/poll/152021/Conservatives-Remain-Largest-Ideological-Group.aspx

35% Moderate, 21% Liberal

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 08:38:23 pm »

Last time I checked...the conservative movement was alive and very well.  Liberalism hasn't worked, isn't working and won't work.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/180452/liberals-record-trail-conservatives.aspx
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.