Author Topic: The Supreme Court Has Already Ruled on What is a Natural Born Citizen - Cruz Eligible  (Read 5483 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

I apologized for my outburst.  As far as "Trump worshipers" goes, this forum is drenched in accusations of "Hater" at posters who for whatever reason do not like Trump.  "Hater" is a very loaded word - "hate" crimes anyone - so "worshiper" shouldn't be that shocking.

So much so that I'm going to take a break because I don't like it when I let things get the better of me.  Bye for now.

The term "hater" was first used here to describe obnoxious, anti-Trump members, some of whom, are no longer here.  (cough)

It was in retaliation to terms thrown our way...Trumpsters...Trumpster-Divers...Trumpistas....Yahoos....Uneducated....Fly-Over Farmers...

The term "hater", unlike the aforementioned list, isn't meant to be cute.  It's direct.  And it's honest.

And I'm not about to let you or anybody else try to outlaw the word around here.   Liberals do that.  Not us.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GourmetDan

Here's a hornet's nest for you...

Google... american politicians with dual israeli citizenship... you may be surprised... you may not... 

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Here's a hornet's nest for you...

Google... american politicians with dual israeli citizenship... you may be surprised... you may not...

Are any of them running for president?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You see Cruz as an opportunist? I see Cruz as our last shot at saving this country.

Yes, I do.

As for Cruz being our last shot at saving this country?  Well, if he reaches the Oval Office by stepping over two US Supreme Court decisions on the issue of natural born citizen v naturalized citizen Cruz will have brought great harm to US sovereignty.  I do not think Cruz, or any one person, is worth the damage his Presidency would cause.

As a naturalized citizen Cruz has every other option available to him to "save this country".  Chief Justice of the Supreme Court comes to mind.   ^-^

I apologized for my outburst.  As far as "Trump worshipers" goes, .../

I don't know who you're referring to as "Trump worshipers".   For me, the issue of who is and who is not eligible to be POTUS and CIC transcends both Trump and Cruz.    Rather than seeing this as a personal or political issue, I see this as precedent-setting issue.  And I rage against the precedent we're being asked to overlook at best, or embrace at worst.

Offline GourmetDan

Depends on whom you want to believe...

JEWISH CURRENTS"

"In any event, JC is a Jewish magazine, and we see it as a legitimate part of our work to report on the doings of Jews in Congress. One observation to make that brings us pride (or, for some of us, surprise): With the exception of Eric Cantor, the Republican majority whip in the House, all of the Jews in Congress are Democrats or independents, and the great majority are liberal. Despite the common misapprehension, especially among Jewish leftists, that the Jewish community is  conservative — a perception shaped mostly by highly visible, conservative Jewish activism regarding Israel — the reality of tenacious Jewish liberalism is revealed here."

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Took the words right off my keyboard.   :laugh:

Offline GourmetDan

Took the words right off my keyboard.   :laugh:

I think Bigun was referring to the candidate who was asked about their alleged dual-israeli citizenship during an interview...   :laugh:

Offline libertybele

Yes, I do.

As for Cruz being our last shot at saving this country?  Well, if he reaches the Oval Office by stepping over two US Supreme Court decisions on the issue of natural born citizen v naturalized citizen Cruz will have brought great harm to US sovereignty.  I do not think Cruz, or any one person, is worth the damage his Presidency would cause.

As a naturalized citizen Cruz has every other option available to him to "save this country".  Chief Justice of the Supreme Court comes to mind.   ^-^

Again...with the definition natural born citizen's sole stipulation of being born on soil; ANY female terrorist, illegal, etc., could come into this country and give birth and their child be eligible for president, and by your rationale do less damage to the country than Cruz.  Great harm to the sovereignty of this country has been inflicted upon this country by "W' and Obama by refusing to adequately secure and protect our borders and allowing millions of illegals into this country --- who by 'definition' can give birth and thus that child is eligible to be our president. Yet you feel Cruz who is without a doubt an American citizen and a staunch conservative who has spent most of his life, (including his time in the Senate) standing up against the Kingmakers, which includes defending the sovereignty of this country in the Medellin v. Texas case that he won, isn't eligible; even though his mother is an American citizen.  Got it. 

I have been infuriated with this issue for quite some time.  I am sick to death of every Tom and Jane entering ILLEGALLY into this country and reaping all the benefits and their children automatically becoming citizens.  Sorry, but in my books, it's a crock.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:42:18 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline katzenjammer

Again...with the definition natural born citizen's sole stipulation of being born on soil; ANY female terrorist, illegal, etc., could come into this country and give birth and their child be eligible for president, and by your rationale do less damage to the country than Cruz.  Great harm to the sovereignty of this country has been inflicted upon this country by "W' and Obama by refusing to adequately secure and protect our borders and allowing millions of illegals into this country --- who by 'definition' can give birth and thus that child is eligible to be our president. Yet you feel Cruz who is without a doubt an American citizen and a staunch conservative who has spent most of his life, (including his time in the Senate) standing up against the Kingmakers, which includes defending the sovereignty of this country in the Medellin v. Texas case that he won, isn't eligible; even though his mother is an American citizen.  Got it. 

LB, may I gently ask why you keep repeating the above (bolded portion)?  I don't believe that any one here is making such an argument.  (Perhaps elsewhere?)

I have been infuriated with this issue for quite some time.  I am sick to death of every Tom and Jane entering ILLEGALLY into this country and reaping all the benefits and their children automatically becoming citizens.  Sorry, but in my books, it's a crock.

You have a huge group, myself included, behind you on that issue!  But conflating the two issues doesn't do anyone any good, it just dilutes both issues and distracts away from your legitimate concerns!

Offline katzenjammer

Born on U.S. soil has been brought up several times in this forum as a determining factor in being a natural born citizen. As for a child born to an illegal on  American soil automatically making them natural born citizens and giving them citizenship vs. a child born to an American citizen abroad isn't a natural born citizen  I don't think is diluting the issue at all.  It is the issue.

Yes, "a" determining factor, not sole as you keep posting.

No one here that I've seen is arguing: "...for a child born to an illegal on  American soil automatically making them natural born citizens and giving them citizenship..."  Certainly not me.  Conflating the two issues does nothing for your argument.

I think Bigun was referring to the candidate who was asked about their alleged dual-israeli citizenship during an interview...   :laugh:

A bit insulting Dan, but, yes, I had gotten that.

Again...with the definition natural born citizen's sole stipulation of being born on soil;

Calm down.  Being born on the soil is part of the definition of natural born citizen.  The other part requires parents who are US citizens at the time of the child's birth.

Got it?

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:13:17 pm by Right_in_Virginia »