Author Topic: Breaking- Trump floats Scott Brown as potential VP  (Read 2041 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Breaking- Trump floats Scott Brown as potential VP
« on: January 16, 2016, 06:49:13 pm »
This should go over well with Conservatives who just love Scott Brown.

Speaking to a crowd at a Portsmouth, N.H., rally hosted by Scott Brown on Saturday, Donald Trump said the former senator would make a “very good” vice president.

After Trump asked Brown whether he would consider running for public office again, a member of the audience floated the idea of a Trump-Brown ticket in 2016.

“Vice president – hey, that sounds like it could, hey, hey, very good,” Trump responded.

“Hey, you know what? And he’s central casting. Look at that guy. Central casting,” he added. “He’s great. Great guy and a great, beautiful, great wife and family. So important.”

Brown hosted Trump in the Granite State as a part of his “No BS Backyard BBQ” series. He will also hold a rally with Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) this weekend.

The former Massachusetts senator relocated to New Hampshire to challenge incumbent Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-N.H.) for her seat in 2014, but lost in a close race.

He won a special election in 2010 to succeed former Sen. Ted Kennedy, who passed away in office, but was ousted by Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) in 2012.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/266159-trump-floats-scott-brown-as-potential-vp

Offline flowers

Re: Breaking- Trump floats Scott Brown as potential VP
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 07:01:47 pm »
 :2popcorn:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 07:08:01 pm »
 :facepalm:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 07:12:33 pm »
:facepalm:
Scott Brown has no followers. No fans and thus no votes.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 07:14:29 pm »
Oh no. Not somebody to the left of Eduardo Cruz ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 07:18:38 pm »
Oh no. Not somebody to the left of Eduardo Cruz ??

Worse, to the left of Trump, and that's pretty far left. But I guess with his support of single payer health care, abortion, amnesty, and the like, they are a good fit together.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 07:22:08 pm »
Trump's just yakking - what do you expect him to say?  The rally was hosted by Scott Brown - once again - Trump was responding to something someone asked him about.

"After Trump asked Brown whether he would consider running for public office again, a member of the audience floated the idea of a Trump-Brown ticket in 2016."

888ohnoes

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 07:23:17 pm »
Worse, to the left of Trump, and that's pretty far left. But I guess with his support of single payer health care, abortion, amnesty, and the like, they are a good fit together.
:beer:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline ABX

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 07:24:43 pm »
Trump's just yakking - what do you expect him to say?  The rally was hosted by Scott Brown.......

You know, you are actually spot on. You really can't take anything he says as truth. He'll say whatever panders to the crowd he is in front of.  My bad, I should have known better.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 07:26:05 pm »
You know, you are actually spot on. You really can't take anything he says as truth. He'll say whatever panders to the crowd he is in front of.  My bad, I should have known better.

To be fair, you should also direct those comments to most of the GOP.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 07:27:15 pm »

How does he support amnesty?

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 07:29:26 pm »
How does he support amnesty?

Touchback amnesty is part of Donald's plan. He even said he would expedite them returning (even though under current law they couldn't even reapply due to their former illegal entry). That is amnesty with out even parsing words.
http://www.redstate.com/diary/southernconstitutionalist/2016/01/11/cruz-far-tougher-illegal-aliens-trump-supports-touchback-amnesty/

Offline Carling

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2016, 07:42:14 pm »

This "single-payer healthcare" lie needs to stop.  What Trump proposed is not even close to a government-only single-payer plan.  When I read that criticism it is hard for me to take anything that poster says with any credibility.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2016, 07:46:50 pm »

Yep.  A good fit.

Only Scott Brown's a heck of lot better looking.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2016, 07:47:35 pm »
This "single-payer healthcare" lie needs to stop.  What Trump proposed is not even close to a government-only single-payer plan.  When I read that criticism it is hard for me to take anything that poster says with any credibility.

When I see a poster call it a "lie" I KNOW not to take the poster says with any credibility.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2016, 07:55:32 pm »

In other words ... his true colors are beginning to shine through?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 08:03:08 pm »

You know Carling - the single-payer lie was indisputedly exposed on the Donald Trump Comparison Thread - all of these same people saw it - ignored it - and continue to repeat it.  They're not interested in facts. 

Nobody I know is saying that Trump has not switched positions repeatedly - just like Marco Rubio is famous for doing!

But I don't see big long threads full of criticism about him. 

Offline ABX

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 08:11:20 pm »

....Yet that's the exact term and example description Trump used...
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2015/08/09/trump-singlepayer-health-care-could-have-worked-in-a-different-age-n2036717

I guess this is like the Democrats when Kerry ran... It seems the most common phrase was "...what he really meant was...."

Offline Carling

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2016, 08:21:03 pm »
When I see a poster call it a "lie" I KNOW not to take the poster says with any credibility.

I laid out exactly how Trump's plan is not single-payer in the Member forum.  You were in that thread.  If you continue to say that Trump supports single-payer after myself and other posters proved that obviously is not the case, then yes, you're lying.

Offline Carling

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2016, 08:23:32 pm »
....Yet that's the exact term and example description Trump used...
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2015/08/09/trump-singlepayer-health-care-could-have-worked-in-a-different-age-n2036717

I guess this is like the Democrats when Kerry ran... It seems the most common phrase was "...what he really meant was...."

Meanwhile what he actually proposed isn't single-payer,  the plan he's actually outlined is mostly private sector competition and getting rid of obstacles such as no selling across state lines, and your video shows he knows it won't work in present-day America.

So yes, you're lying.  Nowhere as a candidate does Trump say he supports single-payer, and seeing conservatives lie about it is disheartening to say the least.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 08:25:37 pm by Carling »

Offline flowers

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2016, 08:42:05 pm »
Meanwhile what he actually proposed isn't single-payer,  the plan he's actually outlined is mostly private sector competition and getting rid of obstacles such as no selling across state lines, and your video shows he knows it won't work in present-day America.

So yes, you're lying.  Nowhere as a candidate does Trump say he supports single-payer, and seeing conservatives lie about it is disheartening to say the least.
I heard Trump say at the first debate that he thought government should pay for healthcare. Then a month or so later he said the same thing in a one on one interview.  That is single payer... It upset me and still does. Who the heck does Trump think government money comes from. Now if he has said anything different of late, I have not heard it.  Do you have a link to him saying exactly what his plan is now a days?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2016, 08:44:34 pm »
Speaking to a crowd at a Portsmouth, N.H., rally hosted by Scott Brown on Saturday, Donald Trump said the former senator would make a “very good” vice president.

Trump gives an answer aimed at not insulting his host in public.     888ohnoes

Offline Carling

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2016, 08:49:54 pm »
I heard Trump say at the first debate that he thought government should pay for healthcare. Then a month or so later he said the same thing in a one on one interview.  That is single payer... It upset me and still does. Who the heck does Trump think government money comes from. Now if he has said anything different of late, I have not heard it.  Do you have a link to him saying exactly what his plan is now a days?

Start on Page 5 of this thread.

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,177374.msg763788.html#msg763788

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2016, 08:55:19 pm »
I laid out exactly how Trump's plan is not single-payer in the Member forum.  You were in that thread.  If you continue to say that Trump supports single-payer after myself and other posters proved that obviously is not the case, then yes, you're lying.

So............. if I don't agree with your pro-Trump interpretation, and if I ignore the words he's actually said (multiple times) then I am a "liar."

I guess that clears things up.

Don't agree with Carling's post, and you're a liar.

Yeah......

Right.......................   **nononono*