Author Topic: Ted Cruz issues 'apology' to New Yorkers in response to 'New York values' comments  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Right_in_Virginia wrote above:
"But good for him.   He's forfeited New York.  And probably New Jersey."

It's ok.  Ted Cruz wasn't going to win there, anyway. None of the Republicans could.

Really?   Trump will win New York.   

What other states are we willing to forfeit so Ted Cruz can be the Republican standard bearer?  Please, list them.  List them all.

Thanks.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm not sure what you mean, but I certainly don't want a "Uniter" right now from a GOP president.  This a plus for me in the Cruz column.

No, it is not.  We need more than "conservatives" to win this election.

HonestJohn

Right_in_Virginia wrote above:
"But good for him.   He's forfeited New York.  And probably New Jersey."

It's ok.
Ted Cruz wasn't going to win there, anyway.
None of the Republicans could.
Pretty much a foregone conclusion.

Except for... you know... that guy with the funny hair...

I think he's talking about the NY and NJ primaries.  With the race looking very tight in regards to getting enough delegates to become the Republican candidate for the general election... it isn't a good idea to keep this story in the minds of those voters.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

A little too clever, IMO. He's played to his limited base, but he's not apologized for the insult.  And he keeps the story alive.

But good for him.   He's forfeited New York.  And probably New Jersey.    :shrug:

Right_in_Virginia don't take it personally.  I know you think you are right, and I know you think you know what is best for America, but you are out of your cotton picking mind.

Screw NY.  Rush left NY, and Hannity is leaving soon, and if you listen to Cuomo YOU are not welcome there either.

Cruz...or any conservative will probably never win NY.  Trump might win NY, but he wants to bang his daughter...NY values are not conservative values. What do we have to give up to win NY?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 06:57:16 am by Once-Ler »

:beer: :patriot:  Yes indeed!

Ted Cruz 2016.  Reigniting the Promise of America! 

Go Cruz!

What does it say about the values of the people of New York when they elect a woman with no values at all to serve them in the senate?

Damn Straight!

As a debate rebuttal,  Cruz's response was brilliant.  As politics, to keep pushing this "New York values" shtick is beyond stupid.  Even if he's prepared to write off New York in the general,  it's still the second biggest pool of delegates to the GOP convention.   Why make enemies of New York Republicans?

Do you think NY Republicans believe in NY values of De Blasio and Cuomo?  Are you sure Cruz has offended NY conservatives?  I live in Madison WI.  If you insulted Madison values I would join you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
No, it is not.  We need more than "conservatives" to win this election.
That is the crux of it. Cruz doesn't act like he intends to pursue people that aren't neatly in his fold to begin with.

Reagan expanded conservatism to new voters. Goldwater had not done that.

Will Cruz disrespect voters in any and all states which are not possible for him to win?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

That is the crux of it. Cruz doesn't act like he intends to pursue people that aren't neatly in his fold to begin with.

Reagan expanded conservatism to new voters. Goldwater had not done that.

Will Cruz disrespect voters in any and all states which are not possible for him to win?

You already know the answer to that question.  WI is a purple state.  I have not heard Cruz besmirch my state.  We could argue nonsense to make a political point, my friend, but Cruz will not give up the reachable moderate states like OH and PA.  He will, however, stand on conservative principles and take a pass on CA, MA, and VT...is that a mistake?  I think no.

Do you believe he should make these states his battle grounds?  Trump is fighting for them.  Maybe he can win them, but what is Trump willing to give up to win IL, NY and CA?

lizbuddie ‏@lizbuddie 5h5 hours ago
Today's Tip: Geographically-aimed bigoted remarks and insults are only acceptable when referring to Southerners or Texans. #NewYorkValues
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 07:36:34 am by Once-Ler »

HAPPY2BME

I don't know Bigun.  What does it say about the values of the people of my state - Kentucky - when we elect a man like Mitch McConnell?

Sigh.

I can tell you that I, and many many others fought it tooth and nail.  30 years this man has come to us pounding on the podium that, "he's going to fix what's wrong in Washington"....... and what is wrong is him! No one that ever had a chance would dare run against him in his own party until Matt Bevin, and Mitch pulled out all the stops to smear him and defeat him.

==================================================

One just like McConnell just left Congress.  His name is John Boehner.  He was run off for raping the farmer's daughter, and stealing his chickens. 

One just like him also took Boehner's place.  His name is Paul Ryan.

The farmer still has one daughter left still a virgin, and only a few chickens left scattered out in the woods.