Author Topic: Trump taunts Cruz over citizenship lawsuit: ‘I told you so’  (Read 886 times)

HAPPY2BME

Trump taunts Cruz over citizenship lawsuit: ‘I told you so’
« on: January 16, 2016, 03:27:09 pm »
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump took aim at rival Ted Cruz in a series of Saturday morning tweets, taunting Cruz over challenges to his citizenship and reports that he did not disclose campaign loans.

Trump has tried to stoke concerns that Cruz would face legal challenges to his eligibility for president because he was born in Canada. After a Friday lawsuit questioning exactly that, Trump took a victory lap.

“Ted Cruz was born in Canada and was a Canadian citizen until 15 months ago. Lawsuits have just been filed with more to follow. I told you so,” he wrote.

Ted Cruz was born in Canada and was a Canadian citizen until 15 months ago. Lawsuits have just been filed with more to follow. I told you so
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 16, 2016

The billionaire businessman also tied concerns about Cruz’s citizenship to questions about loans for his 2012 Senate campaign that Cruz reportedly failed to disclose to the Federal Election Commission.

A series of New York Times reports in recent days accuse Cruz of getting two loans up to $500,000 each from Citibank and Goldman Sachs to fund his longshot 2016 race for the Texas Senate seat, and not fully disclosing them to campaign finance authorities.

Cruz dismissed the controversy as a “paperwork error” during Thursday’s GOP presidential debate, implying that the first Times report was attacking him unfairly to bring down his presidential campaign.

Trump on Saturday called Cruz’s explanation “not believable,” adding that “Goldman Sachs owns him, he will do anything they demand.”

Ted Cruz said he "didn't know" that he was a Canadian Citizen. He also FORGOT to file his Goldman Sachs Million $ loan papers.Not believable

Was there another loan that Ted Cruz FORGOT to file. Goldman Sachs owns him, he will do anything they demand. Not much of a reformer!

Ted Cruz purposely, and illegally, did not list on his personal disclosure form personally guaranteed loans from banks. They own him!

Noting that Cruz’s wife works for Goldman Sachs, Trump also attacked Cruz’s recent statements assailing “New York values.”

After repeatedly decrying Trump’s home city of New York, Cruz has faced a barrage of calls to apologize.

Cruz responded Friday with what he termed an apology, that was more of an attack on New York politicians.

Trump called it a “disgrace.”

The Ted Cruz wiseguy apology to the people of New York is a disgrace. Remember, his wife's employer, and his lender, is located there!

Trump’s latest volleys are part of a two-week-long skirmish between the two leading Republican presidential contenders, which featured the two attacking each other face-to-face at Thursday’s debate.

Cruz dismissed Trump’s issues over his birthplace at the debate, saying the line of thinking is largely proffered by liberals afraid of facing Cruz in a general election.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/266140-trump-taunts-cruz-over-citizenship-lawsuit-i-told-you-so

HAPPY2BME

Re: Trump taunts Cruz over citizenship lawsuit: ‘I told you so’
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 03:28:24 pm »
Noting that Cruz’s wife works for Goldman Sachs, Trump also attacked Cruz’s recent statements assailing “New York values.”

====================================================

Ouch.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 03:58:01 pm »
Beyond the specifics of these matters, I hope there is one thing that Republicans can forever learn from the Trump example: How to go on offense and stay on offense. In this game, you don't give your opponent the ball. You keep it and keep taking shots downfield - endlessly.  The Democrats have always known this.  They are alphas, or they know they have to try to be. The Republicans spend most of their time apologizing for their own existence and defending against very visual Democrat attacks (grandma eats dog food before the Republican pushes her over the cliff in her wheel chair).  I hope the Republicans learn these lessons from Trump...and actually I'm a bit hopeful, the tooth and nail fights between Rubio and Cruz are a sign of them understanding they have to hit and keep hitting.  And while they've all been following Trump on hitting Hillary - they're still grasshoppers there - at least they seem to know they have to do it (at least until the risk-averse campaign handlers get their mitts on them).
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:58:38 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 04:15:41 pm »
And while they've all been following Trump on hitting Hillary - they're still grasshoppers there - at least they seem to know they have to do it (at least until the risk-averse campaign handlers get their mitts on them).

===========================================

No, they are CRICKETS, not grasshoppers.

CAUSE:  Complete void of LEADERSHIP.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 05:42:55 pm »
Beyond the specifics of these matters, I hope there is one thing that Republicans can forever learn from the Trump example: How to go on offense and stay on offense. In this game, you don't give your opponent the ball. You keep it and keep taking shots downfield - endlessly.  The Democrats have always known this.  They are alphas, or they know they have to try to be. The Republicans spend most of their time apologizing for their own existence and defending against very visual Democrat attacks (grandma eats dog food before the Republican pushes her over the cliff in her wheel chair).  I hope the Republicans learn these lessons from Trump...and actually I'm a bit hopeful, the tooth and nail fights between Rubio and Cruz are a sign of them understanding they have to hit and keep hitting.  And while they've all been following Trump on hitting Hillary - they're still grasshoppers there - at least they seem to know they have to do it (at least until the risk-averse campaign handlers get their mitts on them).

Excellent Post, Scottie! The RINOGOPe and most all of their supporters have been on defense for so long they DO not know how to be on OFFENSE. Might as well talk Chinese to them more will understand that language than what OFFENSE is all about. Until the RINO is GONE from the R party expect more of the same. They are always REACTING to something and never make the DEMS react and just let them set the agenda. SAD but TRUMP fights like a DEM and plays to WIN and that will NEVER be understood by the RINOGOpe or their supporters. The good news they cannot do anything about it with TRUMP. He is self FUNDED and most do not realize how important that is. The DONORS are not picking the candidate and telling you to shut up, sit down and vote the way we tell you! MOST claim not to like it but when ONE has donors it is happening. Some are better hiding it than others. ALL who have donors forget IMMEDIATELY about you the minute they get elected and immediately  start paying their donors back X20 or more and because they are looking at the next election. :#@$%:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:44:57 pm by Longiron »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 09:09:48 pm »
Until the RINO is GONE from the R party expect more of the same.

=================================

Trump is 0% Rino because he owes nothing to anyone.

Cruz?