Author Topic: DRUDGE POLL: Who Won Tonight's Debate?  (Read 5277 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: DRUDGE POLL: Who Won Tonight's Debate?
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2016, 01:35:34 pm »
========================

The progressive factions won't get behind Trump come hell or high water, so where else are the votes going to come from?

Trump is beating Hillary in the current polling. So why should we listen to your feelings about next Nov over the data?

There are a whole lot of "Reagan" Democrats Trump will get that none of the other GOP candidates appeal to. There is still a strong strain of "blue collar" Democrats, "clinging to their God and their Guns" as Obama said, that will go for Trump over Anti-God, anti-gun, Hillary. 

So if we "cannot win with Trump", we cannot win at all.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2016, 02:06:36 pm »
Trump is beating Hillary in the current polling. So why should we listen to your feelings about next Nov over the data?

There are a whole lot of "Reagan" Democrats Trump will get that none of the other GOP candidates appeal to. There is still a strong strain of "blue collar" Democrats, "clinging to their God and their Guns" as Obama said, that will go for Trump over Anti-God, anti-gun, Hillary. 

So if we "cannot win with Trump", we cannot win at all.

=======================================

You're on to something there, for sure.

Are you saying that if Trump wins, it will be (at least) with as much help from 'blue collar' Democrats as it is from (what is left of) the Republican Party?

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2016, 02:32:19 pm »
No, Bush won in 2004 by building a coalition against the Demcorats. Cruz could do the same. What I was responding to was  claim that "Trump cannot win because he cannot get the Progressives". If the 2016 win is based on "getting the Progressives" no one on the GOP side, except maybe Kaisch, can win.

Online libertybele

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2016, 02:54:50 pm »
No, Bush won in 2004 by building a coalition against the Demcorats. Cruz could do the same. What I was responding to was  claim that "Trump cannot win because he cannot get the Progressives". If the 2016 win is based on "getting the Progressives" no one on the GOP side, except maybe Kaisch, can win.

...hmmm are we talking progressive DEMS or progressive GOP?  I see Bush and Christie being able to gather some Progressives as well, not enough to win... but I see them both as progressive GOP.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 03:31:55 pm »

======================================

That is critical.  You know what the results of 'assuming' anything on a small scale are.  This is no small scale.

The Progressives within the GOP will have their day at our expense - IF WE LET THEM.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 03:35:19 pm »
...hmmm are we talking progressive DEMS or progressive GOP?  I see Bush and Christie being able to gather some Progressives as well, not enough to win... but I see them both as progressive GOP.

==============================

Chris Christie is everything in spades the progressive GOP is accusing Donald Trump of being (and isn't).