Author Topic: DRUDGE POLL: Who Won Tonight's Debate?  (Read 5289 times)

HAPPY2BME

DRUDGE POLL: Who Won Tonight's Debate?
« on: January 15, 2016, 03:48:03 am »
(Updated 1/15/16 @ 6:57 p.m.EST)

**DRUDGE POLL** WHO WON THE 6TH REPUBLICAN DEBATE '16?

TRUMP  52.94%  (216,387 votes)

CRUZ  31.26%  (127,783 votes)

RUBIO  8.67%  (35,453 votes)

CHRISTIE  2.2%  (8,976 votes)

KASICH  1.75%  (7,162 votes)

CARSON  1.61%  (6,583 votes)

BUSH  1.57%  (6,410 votes)

Total Votes: 408,754

http://drudgereport.com/nowsc.htm
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:58:34 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

Re: DRUDGE POLL: Who Won Tonight's Debate?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 03:48:41 am »
Trump / Cruz?

I doubt it after tonight.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 04:04:17 am »

A ticket generally buries the hatchet after a hard fought race. But, I'm not so sure Trump would ask Cruz.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 04:05:08 am »
Trump / Cruz?

Tonight no but tomorrow ? :patriot:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 04:53:53 am »
I thought Trump Cruz and Rubio did well.  Trumps response to Cruz about NY - Buckley - 9/11 was very strong.  Cruz's response to Trump on citizenship was also strong, as was the Cruz Rubio argument on immigration record.  Very entertaining debate tonight.  Big winner was Fox Business channel showing how to do a debate well.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 04:55:07 am »
I thought Trump Cruz and Rubio did well.  Trumps response to Cruz about NY - Buckley - 9/11 was very strong.  Cruz's response to Trump on citizenship was also strong, as was the Cruz Rubio argument on immigration record.  Very entertaining debate tonight.  Big winner was Fox Business channel showing how to do a debate well.

:beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 04:56:25 am »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 05:02:46 am »
Well boys and girls, I am now confident that Trump will be the next Republican candidate.

I have been skeptical and cautious, but after seeing the Drudge Poll showing Trump with much more than all the other candidates combined, it now seems inevitable.

It looks like a done deal, regardless of anything the GOPe may try to sabotage him. I don't think they can at this point. He is too powerful. IMO
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 05:04:14 am »
Trump / Cruz?

I don't want to freak everyone out, but if it is Trump that is the nominee (meaning if form holds once the voting begins), don't think I'm crazy please...OK you can think I'm crazy...don't count out the possibility of Rubio as the VP.  It seems nonsensical based on immigration, but Rubio has already moved on that quite a way...and Trump and Rubio have never had the knives out for each other.  It doesn't seem a match but then how often are the pieces of a ticket that well matched?
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2016, 05:12:06 am »
I don't want to freak everyone out, but if it is Trump that is the nominee (meaning if form holds once the voting begins), don't think I'm crazy please...OK you can think I'm crazy...don't count out the possibility of Rubio as the VP.  It seems nonsensical based on immigration, but Rubio has already moved on that quite a way...and Trump and Rubio have never had the knives out for each other.  It doesn't seem a match but then how often are the pieces of a ticket that well matched?
Strategically, politically strong choice.   A strong political choice should NOT "freak" thinking individuals.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2016, 05:15:25 am »
Well boys and girls, I am now confident that Trump will be the next Republican candidate.

I have been skeptical and cautious, but after seeing the Drudge Poll showing Trump with much more than all the other candidates combined, it now seems inevitable.

It looks like a done deal, regardless of anything the GOPe may try to sabotage him. I don't think they can at this point. He is too powerful. IMO

I understand why the thought of a president Trump would drive some people crazy. He lacks proper lineage and political bona fides. His manner is not sufficiently practiced and his speaking pattern is maddening, almost incoherent and braggadocious.

Fortunately, all of that is outweighed by his kick ass toughness on foreign policy, border security, military and veterans issues, and on jobs and the economy.  :patriot:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2016, 05:16:40 am »

==================================

I can see that going either way there.

Carson, Jeb, and Kaitch have a lot of crying to do.

Trump came across tonight super grumpy to me for the first time.  I may have been 'slightly' influenced by my wife who likes Carson because of the way he 'talks.'

Trump has some serious delivery curve learning to do.  His hair may be groomed over, but his NYC sometimes is a stumbling block for me.  I like the way Cruz handled him on that.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2016, 05:19:04 am »

OK then, let's call the election now.

On second thought Trump may still have to face Governor KasASH.

Jeff B/AoSHQDD@EsotericCD

If John Kasich sawed off his uppity, rebellious hand and attached a chainsaw to it instead, his chances in NH would improve significantly.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 05:21:45 am »
I understand why the thought of a president Trump would drive some people crazy. He lacks proper lineage and political bona fides. His manner is not sufficiently practiced and his speaking pattern is maddening, almost incoherent and braggadocious.

Fortunately, all of that is outweighed by his kick ass toughness on foreign policy, border security, military and veterans issues, and on jobs and the economy.  :patriot:

========================

In agreement with those (central) issues, which Trump handled like a confident adult.  Cocky even.

There are more progressive Republicans now more than ever, and there are not enough combined Republicans to collectively push Trump 'over the top' next November, barring Hillary isn't in jail by then (Trey Gowdy should lay low for awhile).

The progressive factions won't get behind Trump come hell or high water, so where else are the votes going to come from?

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 05:23:12 am »
Bush, Carson, Christie, Kasich, are all going to fall out like dominoes soon, one by one.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 05:26:21 am »
OK then, let's call the election now.

On second thought Trump may still have to face Governor KasASH.

I had the most schizo response to Kasich tonight, made me laugh. I went in incredulous about him even there, then spent much of the night impressed by his comments, then at the end his coach turned into a pumpkin again with all this kumbaya inclusiveness stuff he got into.  He's just weird when he does that...but then he's stellar when you least expect it.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2016, 05:28:06 am »
Bush, Carson, Christie, Kasich, are all going to fall out like dominoes soon, one by one.

=======================

Bush - suffers from Bush syndrome.

Carson - suffers from lack of assertiveness.

Christi - suffers from being from New Jersey

Kasich - suffers from fitting the mold too tight

That leaves Trump choosing Rubio or Cruz in #2.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2016, 05:35:35 am »

Trump was the only one that was unabashedly all in on the 2nd amendment too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 05:38:09 am »
Back in my corporate days, I learned that companies hire from outside often, because they know the faults of their inside candidates, but do not know the faults of outside candidates.

Hence it is realistic Trump might pick somebody NOT among the current slate of hopefuls.

Walker and Perry come to mind, plus other Governors, corporate executives, military people.

I came up with General Petreaus, for example.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 05:38:51 am »
=======================

Bush - suffers from Bush syndrome.

Carson - suffers from lack of assertiveness.

Christi - suffers from being from New Jersey

Kasich - suffers from fitting the mold too tight

That leaves Trump choosing Rubio or Cruz in #2.

The VP options aren't limited to the group on the stage. Personally I would rather see Cruz on the SCOTUS  than the VP

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2016, 05:46:58 am »
The VP options aren't limited to the group on the stage. Personally I would rather see Cruz on the SCOTUS  than the VP

========================================

Trump can be a 'wild card' with his NYC attitude.  He's not been in public office, so we can only go by how he operates in the business world as far as appointments go.

There are advantages to either Cruz or Rubio. 

Cruz and Rubio both performed well tonight with accurate and spontaneous answers.

Cruz and Trump both bristle under the skin at each too much to gel into an effective team.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2016, 06:40:12 am »
I had the most schizo response to Kasich tonight, made me laugh. I went in incredulous about him even there, then spent much of the night impressed by his comments, then at the end his coach turned into a pumpkin again with all this kumbaya inclusiveness stuff he got into.  He's just weird when he does that...but then he's stellar when you least expect it.

I saw glimpses of the Kasich of yore tonight.  I really used to like him and was shocked at his performance at the first debate - where did the old Kasich go?  Did he change?  Or did I?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2016, 12:28:55 pm »
I thought Trump's "I AM angry" answer was also terrific.  It came from his heart and soul and it resonated!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2016, 12:41:52 pm »

True, but I think he blew away the field with his explanation of "fair trade" vs "free trade".  Don't think the others understood that.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2016, 01:30:11 pm »
A ticket generally buries the hatchet after a hard fought race. But, I'm not so sure Trump would ask Cruz.

Reagan picked Bush despite how nasty Bush was during the campaign about Reagan. Trump is going to need to pick a solidly Conservative VP if he wins the nomination.